DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Did you ever get to kiss one of your favorites from group after the concert? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/290014-did-you-ever-get-kiss-one-your-favorites-group-after-concert.html)

danol 05-02-03 06:13 PM

Did you ever get to kiss one of your favorites from group after the concert?

I was at a concert near Reading, PA. that had a revolving floor, so all sides could see the band and singers. Right as the lead singer was coming down at the end, I leaped up and kissed Karen Carpenter of The Carpenters right on the lips.

Not to be surprised but my mom kissed Perry Como on the lips at his concert, Like mother like son; we both kissed our favorites. The other gal I kissed is for another post, ah the days when some of us guys were called 'cute' and were convinced!

Chances are that none of you were at that concert, Karen was wearing a brown top and brown matching bell bottom pants. If you seen a guy being led out the theater that was me with a grin. I had the guts just like my mom who is still living. R.I.P. Karen, who died from heart problem from having Anorexia Nervosa in 1983.

MJKTool 05-02-03 06:32 PM

Re: Did you ever get to kiss one of your favorites from group after the concert?

Originally posted by danol
I was at a concert near Reading, PA. that had a revolving floor, so all sides could see the band and singers. Right as the lead singer was coming down at the end, I leaped up and kissed Karen Carpenter of The Carpenters right on the lips.
Did she then proceed to shove her mic down your throat as a result?

danol 05-02-03 11:57 PM

She smiled

Remember some dumb radio DJ called her a chubby sister, my kiss it had to have a good psychological effect. 1965 she was 18 she died at age 32 in 1983 of heart problems from her bulimia, and anorexia nervosa. 71 hits on CD as part of "The Carpenters" and 12 cuts by herself.

They were not big yet they were playing cities like Reading, PA.. She was still a teenager. MJK you forgot they didn't come out with wireless microfones yet, they still had cords. She was already at the bottom coming down the aisle, it was as she walked by me, I got up said Karen you were great and kissed her softly. She smiled and said thank you.

What were you like when you were 18 and some really nice looking gal said you were great and kissed you; would you shove a microphone in her throat? Most teens at that age would smile, are you different? ;)

Goat3001 05-03-03 12:27 AM

I had a small conversation with Anglea Gossow (sp?) of Arch Enemy after a show. She gave me a kiss goodbye.

MJKTool 05-03-03 12:28 AM

I guess those were different times....now if you were to do that same thing today to say...Britney Spears Im sure your ass would have been tackled by security -wink-

Brain Stew 05-03-03 06:40 AM

Danol,

You say you went to the concert in Reading, do you still live anywhere near there? I am from Camp Hill, right outside Harrisburg.

danol 05-03-03 09:34 PM

I am from Jim Thorpe, PA at the beginning of the Poconos, Mom used to go down to Vanity Fair in Reading, PA. to buy clothing from the clothing outlets. I was a tractor trailer driver, when I hit Harrisburg, I turned south and passed your town a few times.

Look up if you can a tractor trailer driver that knocked down a sign(year 1981-3?) and had to pay $15 to have it replaced. I was looking at some gal with painted on hip huggers and cut short my turn and clipped the sign, 2 of your finast seen me do it. They seen the gal but told me I had to pay for the sign. I didn't get any ticket, because the one cop said I would have ran into something too, if I had see her in that outfit.

We all chuckled I sent the check and all was well. JT to Allentown was 45 minutes then down to Reading about 2 hours, on slooow 222 and it's 3 lanes, laughed every time I seen sign for Virginville!:)