Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What band/artist do you regret not seeing live when you had the chance?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What band/artist do you regret not seeing live when you had the chance?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rage...and still haven't seen Audioslave
Old 05-04-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had tickets to see the rolling stones, with Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews and Third Eye blind all opening. Quite an incredible combination, but I moved away, so I had to give the tickets away.
Old 05-04-03, 09:27 PM

I went to Michigan State University in 81-82 and a new band called U2 came to play at a little club called Dooley's. It was a Monday night and I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I skipped it. I will never forgive myself.
Old 05-04-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Harry Chapin
Old 05-05-03, 05:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had front row seats to a Black Sabbath show once, but they cancelled the show on me because of an Ozzfest tour. I was mad as hell.
Old 05-05-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shortly after I moved here to KC, Nirvana toured with Mudhoney. A year later Kurt died. At the time, I didn't have the scratch or transportation to make the show, so I missed out on ever seeing Nirvana live. Around the same time I also missed what would have been a great alt-rock show featuring Screaming Trees and others.
Old 05-05-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and RATM. The former 2 were touring around when I was too young to go to those types of shows anyway, and RATM never came around my parts by the time I listened to them. Too bad because I'll probably end up seeing the bastard child of RATM and Soundgarden at some point hehe, and just know it wouldn't be the same as seeing them both separately in their prime.
Old 05-05-03, 01:20 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rage against the Machine.

I actually had to tickets to see them on their last scheduled tour with the Beastie Boys, but one of the Beasties wrecked his bycycle or some sh*t and broke his collarbone and the tour was canceled. Sucked as because I don't even like the Beasties and was just going to see rage and then leave and not have to fight any traffic.

Soundgarden.

Just never got around to see them.

Nirvana.

Didn't have a car to drive to concerts before he killed him self.

Blind Melon

Same as nirvana, except OD rather than suicide.
Old 05-05-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Luckily I did catch Nirvana in a small club the week Nevermind was released thanks to a friend who was much more up on things than I was at the time. Had it not been for that I would not have seen them.

Only band I missed that I really regret is The Police. I was 12 at the time, the nearest city was 2 hours away and I did not know anyone else going who I could go with. They were my favorite band at the time and I figured oh, I'll see them the next time they go on tour

I've never seen U2 (had tickets for the POP tour but they cancelled a week before the show) but hopefully they will make it to Raleigh on their next tour.
Old 05-05-03, 02:08 PM

Originally posted by borisdisco
I went to Michigan State University in 81-82 and a new band called U2 came to play at a little club called Dooley's. It was a Monday night and I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I skipped it. I will never forgive myself.
Wow, I don't want to rub it in, because I feel for you, but that would have been amazing.

I missed the Pumpkins playing Gabes Oasis (a small venue in Iowa City) a few weeks before Siamese Dream came out. I was still making up my mind when tickets went on sale and before you know it, it was sold out.

I would have loved to see the Clash or even Joe Strummer with the Mescaleros. Other bands: Pink Floyd, Nirvana, Radiohead before they started playing huge places, some early verve shows, Doves with the Strokes opening at the Double Door in Chicago, and South with Elbow at the Double Door too.