DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Songs/tracks/tunes that make you smile (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/289527-songs-tracks-tunes-make-you-smile.html)

Aphex Twin 04-30-03 05:20 PM

Songs/tracks/tunes that make you smile

Aphex Twin - Flim, Xtal, 4
Amon Tobin - Nightlife
Orbital - Chime
Underworld - Born Slippy
Joey Beltram - Energy Flash
Weezer - Buddy Holly
REM - Stand
Queen - Bohemiem Rhapsody

DrRingDing 04-30-03 05:57 PM

blur "Parklife"

SubZero 04-30-03 06:16 PM

Slo Moshun - Bells Of NY (Xen Mantra's Beefy Bells Mix)
I dare you not to get down to that :)

Ginwen 04-30-03 06:42 PM

Velvet Underground - I'm Sticking With You

Hollowgen 05-01-03 01:04 AM

david bowie - "little wonder"

Joel 05-01-03 01:41 AM

*singing*
Old McDonald has a farm .. ee-I-ee-I-oh .. and on his farm he has a pig .. ee-I-ee-I-oh .. with an oink-oink here, and an oink-oink there .. here an oink, there an oink, everywhere an oink-oink .. old McDonald has a farm .. ee-I- ee-I-oh ..

Old McDonald has a farm .. ee-I-ee-I-oh .. and on his farm he has a cow .. ee-I-ee-I-oh .. with a moo-moo here, and a moo-moo there .. here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo-moo .. old McDonald has a farm .. ee-I-ee-I-oh ..

*stop singing*

There, I'm lost. The situation around me are getting a bit noisy because of the ducks. Here a quack, there a quack, everywhere a quack-quack ..

Goat3001 05-01-03 02:24 AM

Uncle Kracker- Follow Me

Ergyu 05-01-03 02:51 AM

Smashing Pumpkins - Today, 1979
Anything Zwan really.

Don't know why, since the subject matter of Today isn't exactly something to smile about, but having seen the video and the video for 1979 so much, it reminds me of childhood for some reason. It's a weird thing. Zwan is just exctremely happy sounding music also to me.

atlantamoi 05-01-03 06:51 AM

Pizzicato 5 "Twiggy Twiggy vs. James Bond"

And the song "The French Toast Man" (Fred Lane??)

wendersfan 05-01-03 08:33 AM

Originally posted by Ginwen
Velvet Underground - I'm Sticking With You
"Afterhours" does it for me. Something about Mo's voice...

Also, "Bus Stop" by The Hollies.

Brain Stew 05-01-03 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Ergyu
Don't know why, since the subject matter of Today isn't exactly something to smile about, but having seen the video and the video for 1979 so much, it reminds me of childhood for some reason. It's a weird thing. Zwan is just exctremely happy sounding music also to me.
I feel the same way about early Pumpkins stuff. It seems like Corgan beautifully captured adolescence sometimes with the pain, sometimes without. When asked what 1979 was about, since he was only about 11 or 12 in 1979, he responded that it's about that time in your life after you get your license. You know, when you are free to go anywhere in the world, but have no place to travel to. Not quite a child, not quite an adult.

Giles 05-01-03 09:21 AM

Originally posted by atlantamoi
Pizzicato 5 "Twiggy Twiggy vs. James Bond"

anything by P5 for me,

Daft Punk: "Around the World"
Arling & Cameron

Buttmunker 05-01-03 01:36 PM

I laugh out loud whenever I hear Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar because I think about that Seinfeld episode where George Steinbrenner is running around looking for George Constanza (who's hiding/sleeping underneath his desk). Steinbrenner has Heartbreaker, dreammaker, love-taker don't you mess around with me driving him crazy in his head, and he's desperate to know who sings it.

I'm smiling now thinking about it.

BuckeyeDawg 05-01-03 01:54 PM

For me, it depends on my mood... time of year, etc.

When it's summer... The Beach Boys, Tim McGraw...
If I'm in a bad mood...just about anything by Queen will work...

and a song, great just for laughs...
Springsteen's "57 Channels (and nothing's on)"

Giles 05-01-03 02:12 PM

Super Furry Animals: "Wherever I Lay My Phone (That's My Home)"

Gdrlv 05-01-03 02:50 PM

"Nice Weather for Ducks" by Lemon Jelly can usually pick my mood up no matter how upset I am.