DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Danol's © "Monster Mash" reminiscences thread ! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/288468-danols-%A9-monster-mash-reminiscences-thread.html)

danol 04-25-03 12:03 PM

Do you remember the exact words for "The Monster Mash" ? #1 hit 1962 Bilboard Top 40

I have this OOP CD album please feel free to cut, copy and paste it, or print it for your next Halloween bash. Unlike the website this has the back up 'chorus' plus
Bobby 'Boris' Picket. Can you remember the exact words if not, let me be you closed caption maker. Those of you that remember the lyrics sing along with what you read, have your self or some friends a pre-halloween or real Halloween bash.

Do you remember this unique song by Bobby "Boris" Pickett respond, if not copy the words and be the number one that knows all the words sung by Bobby and the back up chorus.:)

(Bobby) I was working in the lab late one night when my eyes beheld an eerie sight. For my monster from his slab began to rise, and suddenly to my surprise (chorus) He did the Mash (Bobby) He did the Monster Mash (chorus) the Monster Mash (Bobby) It was a graveyard smash (chorus) He did the Mash (Bobby) it caught on in a flash (chorus) He did the Mash (Bobby) He did the Monster Mash.

From my laboratory in the castle East, to the master bedroom where the vampires feast, the Ghouls all came from their humble abodes, to get a jolt from my electrodes (chorus) they did the Mash (Bobby) they did the Monster Mash (chorus) the Monster Mash (Bobby) it was a graveyard smash (chorus) they did the Mash (Bobby) it caught on like a flash (chorus) they did the Mash (Bobby) they did the Monster Mash, the zombies were having fun, the party had just begun (chorus) ana shoo, waa oooh (Bobby) The guests included Wolfman, Dracula and his son.

The sea was rocking, while they're digging the sounds, Igor unchained backed by his baying hounds. The coffin bangers were about to arrive with their vocal group, the crypt kicker 5 (chorus) They played the Mash (Bobby) they played the Monster Mash (chorus) The Monster Mash ana shoo, waa ooh (Bobby) it was a graveyard smash (chorus) they played the mash (Bobby) it caught on in a flash (chorus) They played the Mash (Bobby) They played the Monster Mash.

Out from his coffin Dracs voice did ring, seems he was troubled, by just one thing he opened lid, and shook his fist, and said what ever happened to the Transylvania Twist (chorus) its now the Mash (Bobby) its now the Monster Mash (chorus) the Monster Mash (Bobby) its a graveyard smash (chorus) they played the Mash (Bobby) they played the monster mash, its caught on like a flash (chorus) its now the mash

(Bobby) Now everythings 'cool' Drac is a 'part' of the band, and my Monster Mash is the hit of the land, for you the living this Mash was meant to, when you get to my door, tell them 'Boris' sent you (chorus) and you can Mash (Bobby) it caught on in a flash and you can Monster Mash, and do my graveyard smash (chorus) Then you can Mash

(Bobby) Mmm Mash good easy Boris, you impetuous ghoul (chorus the rest of the words) Monster Mash Good, waa ooh. Waa ooh Monster Mash waa ooh, Monster mash waa ooh, music fades and the chorus voices get lower and lower till you don't hear them any more.

It only took me 56 times, to get it word for word just like it was from 1962..41 years ago (I was 15). This song believe it or not, was a number 1 song on the top 40 of Billboard. I will never sell this CD I don't need the money and I enjoy listening to the whole album of songs.

Have fun remembering this unique to the season of Halloween, anybody have any thing else to add, please respond. :) ____________________________

Capo2002 04-25-03 12:14 PM

Lol! I love this song. It has become THE Halloween anthem :)

danol 04-25-03 06:46 PM

capo2002

I was there dancing the night away to songs like "The Monster Mash, in 1962 I was 15 year old teenager. I have his full 10 cut album since when CD's first starting coming out, and this disc is still working fine in my Pioneer F-107 300 + 1 Changer. I really have a OOP CD, I play it when ever I am in the mood and especially around Halloween. The other 9 cuts are like the first as Bobby is impersonating Boris Karloff or Bela Lugosi while singing. My favorite besides the first is "Blood Bank Blues". :)

Venom 04-27-03 08:07 PM

you know the mr. show sketch about monster party songs was hilarious.

Buttmunker 04-28-03 08:45 AM

Monster Mash was so great that it resurfaced on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart in 1970 and reached Number 10!! Same version, too. Now, that's a hit.

danol 04-28-03 08:09 PM

That's something I didn't know about. It sounds like a "Eddie and the Cruisers" song, hitting the charts 20 years after recording them. The monster mash was the hit of the land, we as 15 year old teenagers danced to it with only our socks on it was called a 'sock hop' 41 years ago.

The 10 cut CD is like brand new, I can't even remember when CD's were first introduced. When they were of the shelf uncle Danno had to be one of the first to have a player and CDs like "The Monster Mash" to stomp with.:)

danol 10-03-03 01:45 AM

Does anybody besides me on the original Monster Mash OOP CD?

The Monster Mash was sung by Bobby 'Boris' Pickett and was # 1 on the top 40 in 1962, does any one besides me own this OOP CD?:)

j123vt_99 10-03-03 07:26 AM

Wouldn't it be a OOP Record?

Pillowhead 10-03-03 08:13 AM

I have the OOP Laserdisc of this single transferred from it's original cd source and then back to vinyl and re-transferred in tape form back to Laserdisc version.

Buford T Pusser 10-04-03 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Pillowhead
I have the OOP Laserdisc of this single transferred from it's original cd source and then back to vinyl and re-transferred in tape form back to Laserdisc version.
Is there any way us fans of technology and monster's mashing can get a copy? *pant

Jackskeleton 10-04-03 11:48 AM

got the record.

Brain Stew 10-04-03 04:15 PM

Originally posted by danol
...as 15 year old teenagers danced to it with only our socks on it...
Wow, pretty progressive for Pennslyvania.