DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack tracklist / discussion [merged] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/288393-matrix-reloaded-soundtrack-tracklist-discussion-%5Bmerged%5D.html)

custom001 04-25-03 04:26 AM

The Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack Tracklisting

Didn't find it with the search button, so here's the tracklisting according to amazon. It's a double CD including (some of/the entire?) the instrumental score.

Disc: 1
1. Session - Linkin Park
2. This Is The New **** - Marilyn Manson
3. Reload - Rob Zombie
4. Furious Angels (Instrumental) - Rob Dougan
5. Lucky You – Deftones
6. The Passportal - Team Sleep
7. Sleeping Awake - P.O.D.
8. Bruises – Unloco
9. Calm Like A Bomb - Rage Against The Machine
10. Dread Rock – Oakenfold
11. Zion – Fluke
12. When The World Ends (Oakenfold Remix) - Dave Matthews Band

Disc: 2
1. Main Title - Don Davis
2. Trinity Dream - Don Davis
3. Teahouse - Juno Reactor Featuring Gocoo
4. Chateau - Rob Dougan
5. Overdrive - Juno Reactor/Don Davis Mona Lisa
6. Burly Brawl - Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis
7. "Matrix Reloaded" Suite - Don Davis

sounds interesting.

monkey 04-25-03 05:06 AM

<small>[Threadcrap deleted]</small>

PixyJunket 04-25-03 08:24 AM

Whoa whoa whoa..

Wait a second.. JUNO REACTOR is helping with the score.. did I read that right?

Maybe I will go see this movie after all..

Deftones 04-25-03 09:55 AM

Can't wait to hear the new Deftones song and the Team Sleep song. :drool:

RevLiver 04-25-03 11:46 AM

Interesting, I can tell I'll listen to the second disc a lot more than the first. I love Juno Reactor, can't stand Linkin Park and POD, don't care for Deftones and Marilyn Manson's new song's lyrics are pedantic at best.

I, too, had no idea Juno Reactor was working on this.

Chim 04-25-03 11:48 AM

what is juno reactor?

tofu 04-25-03 12:06 PM

It's weird seeing all of those names and then the last track is by the Dave Matthews band. I know its a remix by Oakenfold but still . . it just doesn't seem to fit.

PixyJunket 04-25-03 12:58 PM

Juno Reactor is an amazing psy-trance group.. they've been around since the early 90's.. I have all thier albums, it's simply amazing stuff to listen to. Thier best album was Bible of Dreams..

If you want a sample, try looking for the song Jardin De Cecile.. it's my favorite song they've ever produced.

Rogue588 04-25-03 09:26 PM

Other than the score and the techno bits in the first one, this soundtrack doesn't interest me either..

Though, disc two looks like it could be interesting..

And, I agree with tofu..and i'm a Dave fan.

jarsim 04-26-03 12:48 AM

Odd, the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title was Linkin Park. Opened the thread and boom, first track listed. Matrix is definitely going all out mainstream this go-around. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign for the film.

P.S. Whoah, the first response to this thread was edited because it was a "threadcrap". Almost every thread has a unedited/untouched/unmoderated egregious and blatant threadcrap, I wonder what was said to warrant that?!

Rogue588 04-26-03 01:58 AM

Well...I just heard some of the tracks..

2. This Is The New **** - Marilyn Manson [Already heard this on his album..not impressed..]
12. When The World Ends (Oakenfold Remix) - Dave Matthews Band [Isn't as bad as I thought it would be..doesn't mean it's good though..]
3. Reload - Rob Zombie
7. Sleeping Awake - P.O.D.
8. Bruises – Unloco

The last three are utterly forgettable/interchangeable..

Maybe they'll sell me disc II separately?

pantala 04-30-03 01:37 AM

I've had a copy of the Oakenfold WTWE remix for a couple months, and I have to say that it is better than the original.. but the original was a crap-for-crap piece of crap (.. that's coming from the biggest DMB fan you'll find on dvdtalk).

It will fit in fine with the movie, for those that are concerned..

PalmerJoss 05-04-03 12:12 PM

Anybody else heard Matrix Reloaded?

I was just curious if anybody else had heard the soundtrack to the Matrix Reloaded. <small>[Edit]</small>

The first disc is alright--I'm not much into the "numetal" thing, though I did like the tracks by Linkin Park and POD.

The second disc is what I've been listening to non-stop for 2 days though. For anyone who enjoyed the score in the first movie just wait until you hear this! The first 3 tracks are all score by Don Davis, very similar to some of the material from the first film. Tracks 4-6 are all a combination of score/techno which may sound bad but it works incredibly well. The main portion of the disc is dedicated to The Matrix Reloaded Suite and it is the highlight of the disc--simply amazing. I was just completely thrown by how good this track is(all 17 1/2 minutes of it).

Anybody else have any thoughts on the 2-cd set?

danol 05-04-03 02:15 PM

Member the movie isn't even out to the theaters yet, you did not use spoiler tags and I believe you should go to movie talk and read the spoiler thread and how to use it, not to spoil music or movie content. Edit your post and put spoiler tags on right away. IMHO

Brain Stew 05-04-03 02:33 PM

What did he spoil?

benedict 05-04-03 02:55 PM

<b>danol</b>, if you genuinely think there is something wrong with a thread please use the "Report this post" link and I will look into it.

As it happens, IMO, there is nothing wrong in this case (aside from it being a near-duplicate, which I have now remedied) but if you maintain that there is please <i>email</i> me and this thread can go back on to its stated topic(s).

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk

Deftones 05-04-03 07:24 PM

I got to hear the Deftones song on the soundtrack and fans will be plesantly suprised. It's got a sythesized drum beat, and sounds very techno-ish. Good stuff. :up:

DJLinus 05-06-03 10:08 AM

Just picked this up - mainly for the score. Haven't listened to it yet, but there's a sticker on the front saying that it's an enhanced CD w/ previews from the Matrix Reloaded, The First Flight of the Osiris, The Animatrix, the making of the Enter the Matrix video game & exclusive video game cheat codes.

SFranke 05-06-03 08:52 PM

3. Reload - Rob Zombie

Zombie steals from Ministry yet again.

Deftones 05-06-03 09:00 PM

I bought this today, too. Not bad, not great. Certainly not as good as the 1st Soundtrack.