Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Just scored Martin Gore Tickets

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-03, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts

for my wife and I. Wifey is HUGE Depeche Mode fan and is completely stoked that I got the tickets. (Tiny club date here in Los Angeles)
Old 04-12-03, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats. I can't believe I didn't know about this. They are sold out at Ticketmaster now. They must have sold most of the tickets yesterday with the Kroq pre-sale. Hopefully they'll release more tickets.
Old 04-12-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally posted by Joshua
Congrats. I can't believe I didn't know about this. They are sold out at Ticketmaster now. They must have sold most of the tickets yesterday with the Kroq pre-sale. Hopefully they'll release more tickets.
Is this possible with a club or venue that holds only, what, 2000 people? For your sake, I hope so.

BTW, I live in D.C. and my friend in NYC got four tickets and offered me one. I can't go to the show because I just got back from vacation and don't have any PTO at work. In fact, I'm in the negative. The show's on a stinkin' Tuesday night. So I'm not happy atm. Don't know why Martin can't do just the major cities in the U.S. at the very least. Just L.A.?

Also, Dave Gahan will probably play several U.S. cities to support his solo album that is due out at the end of May. And for what it's worth, I've heard that album in it's entirety (actually, I have it) and it's pretty bad. And no one is more dissapointed than me. I'm a huge HUGE Depeche Mode fan.
Old 04-13-03, 12:58 AM

Woo Hoo, I managed to get some tickets through ticketb@stard. $26 in convenience, facility, and processing charges for two tickets! This on top of the $45 a ticket cost. We need some serious government intervention on this monopoly b/c I'm tired of these ridiculous charges. Anyway, I'm done ranting. I'm glad I'll be seeing Mr. Gore in his only North American show. See you there Chrisedge.
Old 04-14-03, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Woo Hoo, I managed to get some tickets through ticketb@stard. $26 in convenience, facility, and processing charges for two tickets! This on top of the $45 a ticket cost. We need some serious government intervention on this monopoly b/c I'm tired of these ridiculous charges. Anyway, I'm done ranting. I'm glad I'll be seeing Mr. Gore in his only North American show. See you there Chrisedge.
So, you didn't know about the show, saw my post, got tickets, and no thanks?

j/k
Old 05-07-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Went last night! Awesome show. Did a bunch of DM songs either with just a piano, or with his 2 other band members (more like keyboard/sequencers and guitar/piano)

If anyone when or wished they went, let me know.
Old 05-07-03, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the info on the tix Chris. It was an awesome show last night. Highlights for me... Surrender, Walking in My Shoes, Home, Lost in the Stars, Candy Says, and of course, Shake the Disease. What was up with starting an hour late though? Technical problems? Where were you standing last night?
Old 05-08-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was in the front row of the balcony. Better spot for me and the wife.

Shoot me an email [email protected]