Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lollapalooza dates announced

Old 03-20-03, 08:52 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 414
Lollapalooza dates announced

http://www.lollapalooza.com/cities.htm


Lots of dates. Nice to see they will be coming to Minneapolis, although not outside. I'll see this just for Audioslave.
gross@iastate is offline  
Old 03-20-03, 10:52 PM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 31
I like Jane's Addiction technically.
Looking is offline  
Old 04-01-03, 08:29 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Man I wish I was seeing one of the west coast shows.

A Perfect Circle was just announced to fill in for Queens of a Stone Age, for six shows!
briank is offline  
Old 04-01-03, 10:03 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 419
Originally posted by briank
Man I wish I was seeing one of the west coast shows.

A Perfect Circle was just announced to fill in for Queens of a Stone Age, for six shows!
Lollapalooza isn't coming to Canada at all, what a bummer..
Capo2002 is offline  
Old 04-01-03, 02:18 PM
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 15,108
Originally posted by briank
Man I wish I was seeing one of the west coast shows.

A Perfect Circle was just announced to fill in for Queens of a Stone Age, for six shows!
Hell yeah, 3 of my favorite current bands on one bill: Incubus, Audioslave & APC
MJKTool is offline  
Old 04-02-03, 01:58 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Valley of the Sun
Posts: 3,514
Originally posted by briank
Man I wish I was seeing one of the west coast shows.

A Perfect Circle was just announced to fill in for Queens of a Stone Age, for six shows!
Will definitely be looking forward to the Phoenix show!
gilbertr76 is offline  
Old 04-02-03, 01:50 PM
  #7  
Retired
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 27,449
Thanks for the link. I hadn't checked in on Lollapalooza in a while and tickets for the Nissan, Pavillion show in DC were already on sell. Must have just went on sell as I got pit tickets.

I'm stoked, can't wait to see Audioslave. Jane's Addiction is bad ass live too, caught them a couple years ago in Pittsburgh.
Josh H is offline  
Old 04-08-03, 04:51 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
damn, I got bad luck today.

I knew Boston was going on the special pre-sale (which is getting more attention than the first batch that went onsale last week on lollapalooza.com).
But didn't know "exactly" when, and couldn't get the BEST possible seats so I passed.

Yes for EVERY other show I was offered "pit" tickets including San Diego and Cleveland that JUST WENT ONSALE within the past 30 minutes.

Just, stiking out on the one show I wanted great seats for!
briank is offline  
Old 04-08-03, 05:26 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 419
Originally posted by briank
damn, I got bad luck today.

I knew Boston was going on the special pre-sale (which is getting more attention than the first batch that went onsale last week on lollapalooza.com).
But didn't know "exactly" when, and couldn't get the BEST possible seats so I passed.

Yes for EVERY other show I was offered "pit" tickets including San Diego and Cleveland that JUST WENT ONSALE within the past 30 minutes.

Just, stiking out on the one show I wanted great seats for!
Damn dude don't be so picky about the seats you get, just be happy you get to see the show. They aren't coming anywhere near my area :/
Capo2002 is offline  
Old 04-08-03, 05:55 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Originally posted by Capo2002
Damn dude don't be so picky about the seats you get, just be happy you get to see the show. They aren't coming anywhere near my area :/
nope, I'm VERY PICKY when it comes to the tickets I get!

I'm travelling 3.5 hours to this show so it's not "real close".

I always get seats within the first 10 rows to shows I go to.
Sometimes I'll have to wait till the last minute (day before) release of the VIP tix to get them, sometimes I get them the day of the onsale. But 95% of the time I do end up getting them!

I was just disappointed that I could get the seats I wanted to ANY show but the one I'm actually going to.
I'll try again when they go onsale Friday.
briank is offline  
Old 04-09-03, 07:36 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,139
Hmmm, I'd love to see Queens of the Stone Age, Incubus, Jurassic 5 and the Donnas. Audioslave would be okay (I still don't understand the hype around them - I would much prefer the members old bands). I have no interest in seeing Jane's Addiction, though - it's about twelve years past their prime and I have heard for years (from countless people) that they suck live, except Dave Navarro, of course.

How much are tix going for? because they aren't on sale in St. Louis yet. I wouldn't mind going, but I don't want to pay too much. Ticket prices for these "festivals" have gotten ridiculous - look at the prizes for Ozzfest, etc.
B.A. is offline  
Old 04-09-03, 10:35 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Originally posted by bahist17
Hmmm, I'd love to see Queens of the Stone Age, Incubus, Jurassic 5 and the Donnas. Audioslave would be okay (I still don't understand the hype around them - I would much prefer the members old bands). I have no interest in seeing Jane's Addiction, though - it's about twelve years past their prime and I have heard for years (from countless people) that they suck live, except Dave Navarro, of course.

How much are tix going for? because they aren't on sale in St. Louis yet. I wouldn't mind going, but I don't want to pay too much. Ticket prices for these "festivals" have gotten ridiculous - look at the prizes for Ozzfest, etc.
You'll probably want to stay home if you have no interest in the two headliners.
Because they'll have the longest set times and tickets for most venues seem to be in the $60-$65 range plus the normal charges.

If I had mediocre interest I would just show up the day of the show if the venue was close and buy somebody's extra tickets for like $20 or something.
briank is offline  
Old 04-09-03, 11:34 AM
  #13  
Retired
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 27,449
Jane's addiction is the second best live band I've seen behind Stone Temple Pilots. They sound great, and always put on an elaborate show (think 10 or so hot chicks in g-strings and pasties hanging from ropes, riding a giant see-saw, etc.).
Josh H is offline  
Old 04-09-03, 11:39 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Jane's addiction is the second best live band I've seen behind Stone Temple Pilots. They sound great, and always put on an elaborate show (think 10 or so hot chicks in g-strings and pasties hanging from ropes, riding a giant see-saw, etc.).
Yes it's always a sight to see watching all the stuff in action on the stage.

I've seen them 4 times.

Sometimes Farrell's vocals can be weak or too low volume, but the music is always strong and the stage presence is there.
briank is offline  
Old 04-09-03, 02:24 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 7,317
once again, no Wichita
edytwinky is offline  
Old 04-09-03, 02:29 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,139
Originally posted by briank
You'll probably want to stay home if you have no interest in the two headliners.
Because they'll have the longest set times and tickets for most venues seem to be in the $60-$65 range plus the normal charges.

If I had mediocre interest I would just show up the day of the show if the venue was close and buy somebody's extra tickets for like $20 or something.
good point in regards to the headliners - thanks for the ticket info.
B.A. is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.