Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch about the WAR by Charlie Daniels

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Do you agree with what he said?
45.45%
54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch about the WAR by Charlie Daniels

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-03, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An Open Letter To The Hollywood Bunch

Ok let’s just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid,
unrealistic children had your way and the U.S.A. didn’t go into Iraq.

Let’s say that you really get your way and we destroy all our nuclear weapons and stick daisies in our gun barrels and sit around with some white wine and cheese and pat ourselves on the back, so proud of what we’ve done for world peace.

Let’s say that we cut the military budget to just enough to keep the National Guard on hand to help out with floods and fires.
Let’s say that we close down our military bases all over the world and bring the troops home, increase our foreign aid and drop all the trade sanctions against everybody.

I suppose that in your fantasy world this would create a utopian world where everybody would live in peace. After all, the great monster, the United States of America, the cause of all the world’s trouble would have disbanded it’s horrible military and certainly all the other countries of the world would follow suit.

After all, they only arm themselves to defend their countries from the mean old U.S.A.

Why you bunch of pitiful, hypocritical, idiotic, spoiled mugwumps. Get your head out of the sand and smell the Trade Towers burning.
Do you think that a trip to Iraq by Sean Penn did anything but encourage a wanton murderer to think that the people of the U.S.A. didn’t have the nerve or the guts to fight him?

Barbra Streisand’s fanatical and hateful rankings about George Bush makes about as much sense as Michael Jackson hanging a baby over a railing.

You people need to get out of Hollywood once in a while and get out into the real world. You’d be surprised at the hostility you would find out here.
Stop in at a truck stop and tell an overworked, long distance truck driver that you don’t think Saddam Hussein is doing anything wrong.

Tell a farmer with a couple of sons in the military that you think the United States has no right to defend itself.

Go down to Baxley, Georgia and hold an anti-war rally and see what the folks down there think about you.

You people are some of the most disgusting examples of a waste of protoplasm I’ve ever had the displeasure to hear about.

Sean Penn, you’re a traitor to the United States of America. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy. How many American lives will your little, ”fact finding trip“ to Iraq cost? You encouraged Saddam to think that we didn’t have the stomach for war.

You people protect one of the most evil men on the face of this earth and won’t lift a finger to save the life of an unborn baby. Freedom of choice you say?

Well I’m going to exercise some freedom of choice of my own. If I see any of your names on a marquee, I’m going to boycott the movie. I will completely stop going to movies if I have to. In most cases it certainly wouldn’t be much of a loss.

You scoff at our military who’s boots you’re not even worthy to shine.
They go to battle and risk their lives so ingrates like you can live in luxury.
The day of reckoning is coming when you will be faced with the
undeniable truth that the war against Saddam Hussein is the war on terrorism.

America is in imminent danger. You’re either for her or against her.
There is no middle ground.

I think we all know where you stand.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels
Old 03-19-03, 11:28 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Old 03-19-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Where's the outcry that celebrities should keep their damn mouths shut?

Old 03-19-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jason
Where's the outcry that celebrities should keep their damn mouths shut?

Exactly. I don't give a damn what Sean Penn thinks, and I certainly don't give a damn what Charlie Daniels thinks.
Old 03-19-03, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most people don't give a crap what celebrities think, they should stick to making movies.
Old 03-19-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Capo2002
I think most people don't give a crap what celebrities think, they should stick to making movies.
I disagree. I don't care what very many people think, but I certainly believe that as a democracy everyone, no matter if they are celebs, white collar, blue collar, or unemployed, should be able to say whatever they wish about the war. They should be free to march against the war. If you're a millionaire you should use your money to make a statement, if you feel the need. If you're extremely popular than you should feel free to use that popularity to make your statement.

Why should anyone "stick to" anything? We need as many voices about the political situation as possible.
Old 03-19-03, 02:02 PM

Celebrities are free to express themselves just like anyone else is free to do so. Just because their voice will be heard by more people doesn't mean they need to keep their mouths shut.

That letter was ridiculous, especially the part about Sean Penn's trip costing American lives.

And the "for her or against her part" makes me want to vomit. You can be pro-America and against this war.
Old 03-19-03, 04:39 PM

What an incredibly reactionary letter.
But what can you expect from a dumb hillbilly fiddler? Charlie Daniels is not exactly a visionary. Hey Chuck just go beat off with your flag, bible and gun you redneck moron.
Old 03-20-03, 09:29 AM

unbelievable.....

"Freedom of choice you say"

Must be nice to live in a bubble.
Old 03-20-03, 10:00 AM

Ok let’s just say for a moment you bunch of pampered, overpaid,

Wait, is this the guy who, despite only having two hit songs, has approximately 10 "greatest hits" albums and has re-released said two songs on too many instances to count?

Let's think about that pampered & overpaid quote.... (lest we forget about "Country boy can survive Y2K" huh Charlie?)
Old 03-20-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
He's just setting the table so he can put out some patriotic song with a flag on the label and 10% of the profits going to some patriotic organization. Only way he can get a hit.
Old 03-20-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Weird.

I had no idea Charlie Daniels was still alive. For some reason, I thought he died a few years ago.

He's the "Devil Went Down to Georgia," guy, right?