DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Best KISS Album? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/277088-best-kiss-album.html)

Amadeus 03-09-03 02:34 PM

Best KISS Album?

I still can't decide between, Destroyer, Alive!, Alive 2!, Love Gun, and Rock and Roll Over! What's your favorite KISS Album?

tommy28 03-09-03 03:02 PM

http://www.click-smilies.de/usersmil..._foshizzle.gif

Jason 03-09-03 04:37 PM

I got into KISS right after they took off the makeup, so my favorite album is probably Lick It Up followed closely by Revenge.

The classic albums are all good up through Love Gun, and I was surprised that Music From the Elder has some decent tracks and one really great track, "I".

Pretty much every KISS album has something to offer, with the exception of Unmasked and the Peter Criss solo album.

bigjim25 03-09-03 05:27 PM

Originally posted by Jason <small>I got into KISS right after they took off the makeup, so my favorite album is probably Lick It Up followed closely by Revenge.</small>
I also started listening to them when they took off the makeup.
Revenge is probably my favorite KISS CD. I love that CD, especially Domino, I Just Wanna, Unholy, Take It Off, Tough Love, Spit, God Gave Rock & Roll to You, & Every Time I Look at You. Also like the Crazy Nights CD. Favorite Greatest Hits of their's is Smashes Thrashes & Hits cause of love Eric Carr's version of Beth. :D

Amadeus 03-09-03 06:45 PM

I didn't like the 80s KISS that much. I felt they sounded just like every other hair band out there. But then they came back with Revenge and the KISS Dynasty returned....Then it left....Again....For about the 4th or 5th time....

jk4w 03-09-03 06:50 PM

Oh man,This is a hard one !
I really like Dressed to Kill but my man Ace does make his vocal debut with "Shock me" on the Love Gun album.
I dont know if this counts but the Ace solo record from the 70's is one of my favorite records of all time.

Dubya 03-09-03 07:27 PM

Overall Alive, best studio album - Dressed To Kill.

KevinSmithIsGod 03-09-03 10:18 PM

S/T
Rock n roll over
Dressed to kill
Love gun
Alive
Creatures
revenge
COS
psycho

thecrazydude 03-10-03 01:27 AM

Alive, then love gun

Flashback 03-10-03 10:59 AM

Originally posted by Dubya
Overall Alive, best studio album - Dressed To Kill.
Isn't Alive (and Alive II) a studio album? -wink-

I would go with Dressed to Kill as far as studio album but not by much over Destroyer. I really disliked Crazy Nights/Hot In The Shade etc. from that period but Revenge was pretty good.

Heat 03-10-03 12:31 PM

Destroyer, definately.

Alive II is my next favorite.

nodeerforamonth 03-10-03 02:05 PM

Alive, Dressed To Kill

Ace Frehley's solo KISS album rules!

All the '70s stuff was amazing.

Scot1458 03-10-03 03:56 PM

Best? DESTROYER hands down.

My favorite? ASYLUM

Scot1458 03-10-03 03:58 PM

Originally posted by Jason

Pretty much every KISS album has something to offer, with the exception of Unmasked and the Peter Criss solo album.

Bite your tounge!

Is that you?
Shandi
Naked City
She's so European

the album is worth the money just for TORPEDO GIRL! Ace rocks.

jk4w 03-10-03 06:31 PM

Kiss was awesome until Ace left & then it went downhill.
They started sounding like every other cock rock band out there.

Giantrobo 03-10-03 06:59 PM

DOUBLE PLATINUM :lol:

edytwinky 03-12-03 03:11 PM

Alive

Cusm 03-14-03 11:36 PM

My fave and my first album I got at the age of 5, Love Gun. Any of their makeup stuff is good, including Lick It Up, even the disco ones I enjoyed.

PeteH 03-18-03 01:10 AM

The first one is my favorite by far, with Rock And Roll Over coming in 2nd.
Actually, Kiss - The Originals would probably be my favorite (it was a reissue of the first three albums all packaged together) but I don't know if that counts... :)