DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   "Picture" - the top 10 hit by Kid Rock and...who?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/276807-picture-top-10-hit-kid-rock-who.html)

Buttmunker 03-08-03 12:51 AM

"Picture" - the top 5 hit by Kid Rock and...who??

Billboard's Hot 100 Singles chart just listed "Picture" as moving one position from #11 to #10 last week to this week, becoming Kid Rock's very first top 10 single to date. For weeks and weeks, the song was a slow burn on the charts, and it remained at #11 for more than two weeks in its rise to the Top 10. All along, its been Kid Rock featuring Sheryl Crow - and now that the song reached the Top 10, there's a new chick listed in the credit!!

Picture, Kid Rock Featuring Sheryl Crow Or Allison Moorer

What's that all about?? Now that the song is popular, Sheryl Crow has to share the credit with a new johnny-come-lately, just because there's a new version of the song out now? That's just one big diss for Crow, imho.

bigjim25 03-08-03 01:10 AM

Picture, Kid Rock Featuring Pop Music's Sheryl Crow (ALBUM VERSION)
Picture, Kid Rock Featuring Country Music's Allison Moorer (CD SINGLE VERSION)

If Kid wanted to put out a CD SINGLE he had to rerecord it. Sheryl's label wouldn't allow a single but they would let it play on TV & radio. By the way Allison's voice is nice and she has been around for awhile (3 CDs to her name, all are good).

Buttmunker 03-08-03 08:14 AM

That's just it! There isn't a commercial single available, it's just still being played on radio. The points it generated on the Singles chart are based on airplay points alone.

The thing is that during the single's rise on the charts, it was Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. Their dynamics made the song what it is, and now that it reached #10, they added Allison Moorer's name to it. She isn't the reason the song's a hit, and she shouldn't be allowed her name on the single.

Tscott 03-08-03 09:31 AM

Aw, crap. You mean I'm going to have to hunt down a Kid Rock CD single to get another song by my favorite country artist?

Allison Moorer- :drool:

Rypro 525 03-08-03 01:43 PM

And I gotta pick up a Kid Rock cd to get the radio version. (btw, clearchannel is playing the Sheryl Crow version on country radio stations.)

HotThang 03-08-03 04:28 PM

Isn't it on her latest CD?

Sam

bigjim25 03-08-03 05:52 PM

Originally posted by Tscott Allison Moorer- :drool:
Exactly! :up:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rypro 525 03-08-03 06:53 PM

Originally posted by HotThang
Isn't it on her latest CD?

Sam

nope.
btw, "cocky" is what you want.

Geofferson 03-08-03 10:49 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
nope.
btw, "cocky" is what you want.

Yup - and because of this song, Cocky is now back in the Top 10 albums.

Buttmunker 03-09-03 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Geofferson
Yup - and because of this song, Cocky is now back in the Top 10 albums.
What a difference a hit single can make to an album. "Cocky" came out sometime last year and debuted at #7 on the album chart, then dropped fairly quick. Once "Picture" came out, the album leaped up to #3, becoming Kid Rock's highest charting album to date ("Rebel Without a Cause" peaked at #4).

Rypro 525 03-11-03 06:26 PM

:lol:
"the king and queen of the trailer park Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock" according to one dj.

edytwinky 03-12-03 03:11 PM

Great song though

Rogue588 03-12-03 03:26 PM

wow.

what a load of crap.

is the Allison Moorer version any different/better..?

Tscott 03-12-03 03:55 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
is the Allison Moorer version any different/better..?
I prefer it to Crow's version- Allison Moorer's voice is fuller and more mature (IMO). (As I said above Allison Moorer is currently my favorite country singer)

According to the CD single "This duet took place for the first time during Kid Rock's performance on Farm Aid 2002". But, whether or not the single version is that same live performance, I doubt it. Kid Rock's part sounds almost exactly like it does on the Sheryl Crow version.

Buttmunker 03-16-03 12:11 AM

Well, whoever's version you prefer, "Picture" is still climbing the Hot 100. It jumped from #10 to #6 this week.

Personally I feel this is a very unconventional song for 2003, and especially for someone like Kid Rock - very non-commercial, and it would be cool if it wound up climbing all the way to the top. This is Kid Rock's best chart achievement (prior to "Picture," his peak single was "Only God Knows Why" which peaked at #17 in 2000), but Sheryl Crow is no stranger to the Top 10 (she had a #2 hit with "All I Wanna Do" in 1993).

Da Thrilla 03-17-03 02:34 AM

This is easily becoming one of the most overplayed songs on the radio EVER!

Frank TJ Mackey 03-17-03 03:27 AM

I just saw the single in stores today and it's Kid Rock and Moorer and there are three versions.

It does give Sheryl Crow her songwriting credit on the back.

I haven't heard the Allison Moorer version but she's the
kid sister of my favorite artist: SHELBY LYNNE

off topic: on Shelby Lynne's latest album "Love, Shelby" she
does a terrific cover of John Lennon's "Mother".

Buttmunker 03-20-03 12:58 PM

Picture - the Top 5 Hit by Kid Rock and...

Well, now this thread has to be renamed since the song just slipped into the Top 5!!