DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Need Help Identifying A Techno Song (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/273803-need-help-identifying-techno-song.html)

joefrog91 02-24-03 09:20 AM

Need Help Identifying A Techno Song

Hey all, I hope one of you can help me. I'm trying to make a new mix cd of old techno songs. I'm looking for a song that has a sample in it that says, "Keep this frequency clear."

I don't know if that's the name of the song or if the song is just called "Frequency". A search on Kazaa Lite comes up with a bunch of different groups and songs. I downloaded on last night, but it wasn't the right one. The one I want came out somewhere around 1988 to 1990. There are also samples at the beginning that sound like someone giving instructions to a pilot. It says something about the temperature, weather and visibility.

I have it on a mix cassette, but never knew the group or dj that made it.

Butters 02-24-03 09:43 AM

Is this it? From Google.com....

The DTI - "Keep This Frequency Clear" 1988

joefrog91 02-24-03 10:37 AM

No, I listened to that one this morning and it wasn't it. That one was made up of samples from other songs as well.

leepyswetr 02-25-03 12:45 AM

Is it "Keep This Frequency Clear" - Linus Walleij & Hans Axelsson?

or

Keep This Deet Clear - Deet Punk?

tha_dvd_man 02-25-03 02:24 AM

Originally posted by leepyswetr
Keep This Deet Clear - Deet Punk?
:lol: Cross-thread references rock.

IC_Freeze 02-25-03 09:06 AM

maybe you mean the eurodance gem: major t - keep the frequency clear?

joefrog91 02-25-03 10:31 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'll check those out.

grrrah 02-25-03 06:02 PM

Originally posted by IC_Freeze
maybe you mean the eurodance gem: major t - keep the frequency clear?
i have a feeling this it it

joefrog91 02-26-03 08:03 AM

Well, I downloaded the Major T song off of Kazaa Lite last night and it wasn't it. Unless, the song was mislabeled. The Major T song I downloaded had a woman singing and it wasn't the same tune.

I think I'm going to have to call some dj's to find out the name of the song. I know there's a store in Austin that might know it. Thanks for all the help.

I've only found this song, "Keep This Frequency Clear" - Linus Walleij & Hans Axelsson, on sites that require you to be able to play SID files. I tried to download the plugin but couldn't get it to work. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. This could be the song I want, but I can't listen to it.

SubZero 02-26-03 10:14 AM

There is a classic rave tune by Altern-8 called "Frequency" that came out around 1991. It doesn't have the sample at the beginning that you were talking about, but it might be worth checking out. On a related note, Altern-8's full length "Full-On Mask Hysteria" is absolutely incredible if you can find it.
Jon

joefrog91 02-26-03 10:45 AM

Altern 8 is not it. I listened to that one also. I emailed a music store in Austin and I'll probably give them a call later.