Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Need song recommendations for film soundtrack. . .

Old 02-23-03, 06:36 PM

Need song recommendations for film soundtrack. . .

Right now, I'm working on a student film about the experiences of a bunch of kids during an all-nighter. (That's the most in-a-nutshell I could do, which makes it seem really, really cliche, but anyway. . .) I am constantly on the lookout for potential songs for the soundtrack, and I'm kind of spent at the moment. If any of you would recommend some familiar songs that might fit their way onto my soundtrack, I would be most appreciative. Right now, I'm focusing on more pre-80s stuff. Think perhaps Wes Anderson's softer songs on his soundtracks without the angry edge of The Ramones, Clash, Who, etc. There's a recurring theme of a music box throughout the film, so any songs that sound like children's music boxes would be great. Also, I need a song to play the morning after the night, while all are disillusioned from lack of sleep and the like. Right now, I'm using "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" by Wilco, but I'm really looking for something a little older. Thanks alot.