DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Need help finding technoish pop song title (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/271455-need-help-finding-technoish-pop-song-title.html)

blinkin_winkin 02-14-03 08:18 PM

Need help finding technoish pop song title

Hey everyone,

I don't know just how helpful I'm going to be in getting acrossed the song I'm trying to find. The song I'm looking for is a very, very poppy song with techno elements. I have heard it on the radio several times so I know it was somewhat popular.

During the song it's got a weird kind of techno siren beat that goes "Deet, deet deet deet deet deet. DEET DEET DEET, deet deet deet deet deet deet deet." I can't think of any lyrics but I do believe it contains some.

I know this must sound incredibly stupid (the song that goes "Deet"?!") but any help would be more than great. Thank you very much.

Aaron

evenflow 02-14-03 10:15 PM

Deet?

MJKTool 02-14-03 10:53 PM

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Deet?
rotfl

SubZero 02-15-03 09:12 AM

Are there any lyrics in this track? If not, I'm thinking the song you are looking for might be "Sandstorm" by Darude. The pattern that you typed fits the siren-ish synth sound perfectly. The track is several years old and was absolutely massive when it came out. Let me know if this is it or not.
Jon

blinkin_winkin 02-15-03 09:17 AM

Originally posted by SubZero
Are there any lyrics in this track? If not, I'm thinking the song you are looking for might be "Sandstorm" by Darude. The pattern that you typed fits the siren-ish synth sound perfectly. The track is several years old and was absolutely massive when it came out. Let me know if this is it or not.
Jon

Thanks for the reply Jon. No it's not "Sandstorm" by Darude. I know that song pretty well. The siren-ish synth sound in the song I'm thinking of is somewhat like the one in "Sandstorm". It's a lot more poppy though if that makes any sense.

The song I'm trying to find does have lyrics I believe. It's another song like "Sandstorm" that you would hear at a club. I still can't for the life of me think of the lyrics though.

Oh... and for the other two posters... I know "deet" is pretty weak but I can't think of any other way to get the sound acrossed. :-)

Thanks anyway Jon.

Aaron

innocentfreak 02-15-03 01:24 PM

Cry me a River by Jusitn Timberlake?

davidlynchfan 02-15-03 02:00 PM

could be Heaven from DJ Sammy?

Venom 02-21-03 12:21 AM

flatbeat by mister oizo?
no lyrics there though.
probably not it, i don't think i quite know what you mean by deet :)

Keyser Soze 02-21-03 01:32 AM

DL Jean - "The Launch"

:hscratch:

-k
###

GuessWho 02-21-03 09:08 AM

Originally posted by davidlynchfan
could be Heaven from DJ Sammy?
Cuz deet you're all that I deet
When you're lying here in my deet
I'm finding it deet to believe
We're in Deet

davidlynchfan 02-21-03 12:06 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
Cuz deet you're all that I deet
When you're lying here in my deet
I'm finding it deet to believe
We're in Deet

it does have that ...DEet,deEt,Deet.deet sythesizing stuff :lol: right before the singing.

IC_Freeze 02-21-03 01:07 PM

lol, you'll need to give more info. male , female vocals? fast, slow song?

Aphex Twin 02-21-03 01:22 PM

Aphex Twin - Aphex Airlines

IC_Freeze 02-21-03 01:29 PM

i'll take a stab anyways and say: Milky - just the way you are (you can get it from my website.... sunmoon13.com)

ClarkKentKY 02-21-03 02:09 PM

Is it this one?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html

:lol:

Obey The D 02-21-03 04:14 PM

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Deet?
rotfl rotfl
I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes after I saw your reply....Classic!

leepyswetr 02-21-03 09:28 PM

This site may help:

http://www.deetonline.org/images/switch.gif

blinkin_winkin 02-21-03 09:47 PM

Hey everyone,

Some of you are guys are hilarious. I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm not talking about Strongbad or any of the other songs mentioned. :)

I think it's got female vocals. Honestly... this is going nowhere. I guess it never really started anyway. Bah. Have fun everyone. I'll find that song some other day probably.

Aaron

innocentfreak 02-21-03 11:52 PM

Evanescence from the Daredevil soundtrack?

Rypro 525 02-22-03 12:00 AM

I highly doubt its that since there are no "deets" that I could hear;

tboogie 02-22-03 01:41 AM

Does this help?

DEET (chemical name, N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide) is the active ingredient in many insect repellent products. It is used to repel biting pests such as mosquitoes and ticks, including ticks that may carry Lyme disease. Every year, approximately one-third of the U.S. population is expected to use DEET. Products containing DEET currently are available to the public in a variety of liquids, lotions, sprays, and impregnated materials (e.g., wrist bands). Formulations registered for direct application to human skin contain from 4 to 100% DEET. Except for a few veterinary uses, DEET is registered for use by consumers, and it is not used on food.

DEET is designed for direct application to human skin to repel insects, rather than kill them. After it was developed by the U.S. Army in 1946, DEET was registered for use by the general public in 1957. Approximately 230 products containing DEET are currently registered with EPA by about 70 different companies.

Keyser Soze 02-22-03 05:09 AM

Originally posted by blinkin_winkin
Hey everyone,

... this is going nowhere. I guess it never really started anyway. Bah. Have fun everyone. I'll find that song some other day probably.

Aaron

When you do... please let us know the title. I think I want to try and find a copy of it.

It sound very interesting.

rotfl

-k
###

Rypro 525 02-22-03 11:16 PM

check song two or three of this cd
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...035149-5208710
Its technoish and pop and sort of has that deet deet thing.

Obey The D 02-23-03 08:39 AM

Amber - "One More Night"?