Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Bonnaroo Music Festival Line-up Announced Today

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-14-03, 08:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

32 of the 60+ artists to play at Bonnaroo...

The Dead
Widespread Panic
James Brown
The Allman Brothers Band
Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals
Jack Johnson
moe.
Galactic
The Roots
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Medeski Martin & Wood
Sonic Youth
Yonder Mountain String Band
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Nickel Creek
G. Love and Special Sauce
Tortoise
Sound Tribe Sector 9
O.A.R.
North Mississippi Allstars
Warren Haynes
Keller Williams
Garage A Trois
Mix Master Mike
Kid Koala
Z-Trip
Particle
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
Smokey and Miho
The New Deal
RJD2
The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players

Old 02-14-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like an absolutely incredible show. Tons of variety.
Old 02-15-03, 07:14 PM
Banned

I don't know how many people around here are familiar with Jack Johnson, but I've been listening to a lot of his stuff lately. His album, "Brushfire Fairytales" is REALLY good. I downloaded his Feb. 10, 2002 concert off of www.archive.org and it is just totally amazing. Some great cover songs, good acoustic songs, and a guest appearance by Mason Jennings.

My girlfriends birthday is that week in June, she's going to kill me if I go. Oh well, there's more fish in the sea.
Old 03-10-03, 01:44 PM
Banned

Updated artist information...

Added:

Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Alison Krauss & Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas
The Flaming Lips
Emmylou Harris
funky Meters
Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon
Ben Kweller
Robinella & the CC String Band
Cyro Baptista & Beat the Donkey
Spearhead
The Slip
Jon Cleary & the Absolute Monster Gentlemen
Vusi Mahlasela of Amandla!
My Morning Jacket
DJ Spooky
Jason Mraz
Polyphonic Spree
Topaz
Drive-By Truckers
Kaki King
RAQ

Smokey & Miho have cancelled their performance.

More artists to be announced soon.
Old 03-10-03, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some of the additions are really, really good. I'm glad to see that they're branching from jambands a bit more. Great lineup that really parallels my taste in music quite nicely...
Old 03-10-03, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Gdrlv
Some of the additions are really, really good. I'm glad to see that they're branching from jambands a bit more. Great lineup that really parallels my taste in music quite nicely...
I've heard really good things about RAQ. Haven't heard them play yet, but I started downloading a show from the archive before I went to work, hopefully I can listen to it tonight.

Also, from the Bonnaroo web site, www.bonnaroo.com

--LIMITED TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE--

Only a very limited amount of tickets remain for the festival and we expect the event to be sold out very shortly. Once the remaining allotment of tickets have been sold no other tickets to the event will be released.
Old 03-31-03, 02:54 PM
Banned

Bonnaroo North East!!

www.bonnaroo.com

Superfly and AC Entertainment are proud to announce Bonnaroo NE set to take place August 8-10 at Enterprise Park at Calverton - Riverhead, New York.

Bonnaroo NE is modeled after the original Bonnaroo. The event will be a camping-and-music festival, featuring several performance stages, and a unique lineup of major headline artists and high-quality emerging acts. The festival will be similar in purpose and set-up to the original Bonnaroo, with its own individual character.

More details, including confirmed artists, ticket prices, and the on-sale date, will be announced soon. Stay tuned to the mailing list and www.bonnaroo.com for updates.

SWEET!! Hope they get some of the same performers.
Old 03-31-03, 04:06 PM

Bonnaroo NE has to have many of the same performers if they want to do a festival anywhere near the calibur that Bonnaroo South has. Bonnaroo South has already mined almost every large to semi-large jamband out there (in addition to all the other acts they've got). I'd be very surprised if Panic, the Dead and moe. were not part of Bonnaroo NE.
Old 03-31-03, 04:12 PM
Banned

Bonnaroo NE has to have many of the same performers if they want to do a festival anywhere near the calibur that Bonnaroo South has. Bonnaroo South has already mined almost every large to semi-large jamband out there (in addition to all the other acts they've got). I'd be very surprised if Panic, the Dead and moe. were not part of Bonnaroo NE.
Leg 2 of the Dead Summer Getaway Tour is July 29 - August 10. Bonnaroo NE Aug 8-10. You never know! Or we will soon!
Old 03-31-03, 05:57 PM

Well, I have been wrong before...once or twice.
Old 04-02-03, 01:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
My best friend offered me a couple of comp tix to this show, as his band is playing. But I was thinking of passing, as I didn't see much I'd be interested in. I may reconsider...
Old 04-28-03, 12:39 PM
Banned

Bonnaroo NE announcement today

www.bonnaroo.com

The Dead (2 nights)
Bob Dylan
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
String Cheese Incident
Ween
Gov't Mule
Medeski Martin & Wood
moe.
Les Claypool's Frog Brigade
North Mississippi Allstars
Yo La Tengo
Rusted Root
Soulive
Yonder Mountain String Band
Talib Kweli
Disco Biscuits
Cut Chemist
Grandaddy
X-ecutioners
Kings of Leon
Los Amigos Invisibles
Old 04-28-03, 01:02 PM

This is my first view of this festival, I live near Calverton and have many friends who all love these bands near long island. Can anyone tell me more about this, is it like woodstock was, where everything is overpriced and commercialized, or is this a hippie get together, hopefully the latter..

thanks!
Old 04-28-03, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dasmooth1
This is my first view of this festival, I live near Calverton and have many friends who all love these bands near long island. Can anyone tell me more about this, is it like woodstock was, where everything is overpriced and commercialized, or is this a hippie get together, hopefully the latter..

thanks!
little bit 'o both!

I didn't attend last year's, nor will I likely be able to attend either of this year's festivals, but from what I've read about them, you have to be really into the bands and the scene for it to be worth the hassle. That being said, I'm really into the bands and the scene, so it would be WAY worth it for me. If I can go. Which I can't. Most likely.

Everything will most likely be overpriced. More details should be available on the website. www.bonnaroo.com

there is a site for each festival, the tennessee one and the new york one. The Tennessee site might have more information, as it is coming up sooner, but I would imagine most of it could relate to both festivals.
Old 04-28-03, 03:13 PM
Banned

I'd be very surprised if Panic, the Dead and moe. were not part of Bonnaroo NE.
2 out of 3. Not too shabby!
Old 04-28-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now, my music taste run a tad obscure at times, but I can honestly say, I would only pay to see The Roots. The others, never heard of, horrible (rusted root? gag..back in hs I stupidly listened to them--) or just of absolutely no interest...Maybe Talib Kweli, other than that...oh my.
Old 05-08-03, 01:22 PM

did anyone attend last years NE festival that can provide some info? Mainly, how was the vibe, was everything overpriced like water and food? the website states that they charge so much for tixx in order to keep prices inside down..is that true? and how low are these prices inside?

thanks in advance!!!!
Old 05-08-03, 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dasmooth1
did anyone attend last years NE festival that can provide some info? Mainly, how was the vibe, was everything overpriced like water and food? the website states that they charge so much for tixx in order to keep prices inside down..is that true? and how low are these prices inside?

thanks in advance!!!!
I posted your question to a mailing list of one of the bands (moe.)that was at last years Bonaroo and will be playing at this years.

This was the first answer I got, I'll relay the others here as I get them:

"I paid $12 for a burrito inside Centeroo. Most of the vendors are reasonably priced, though. The burrito just looked awesome (and it was huge.. fed 2 of us easily). I'd say it's most comparable to county/state fair vendors. They had a large selection last year, from hot dog carts to vegan stands."
Old 05-08-03, 03:46 PM
Banned

"bring your own water, beer, and food. it's that simple. water will run you around 2 to 3 bucks a bottle, i believe, and food and beer are not cheap (plus all they really have is budweiser i believe). bring money for ice though. your ice will melt, and you will be forced to blow 10 bucks a bag or whatever they charge"
Old 05-08-03, 04:49 PM
Banned

"Don't know if you've gotten a response, but here's mine:

Last year the biggest problem/cost was ICE. Not many people seemed to think about the fact that we'd all need a bunch more throughout the weekend. You will stand in line for 2+ hours to get ice(that's the fastest, some were in line for 5 hours last year) Prices are still high in the General Store, where they have beer, cigs, water, other stuff but it's reasonable I guess. It's gonna be SO HOT, it was terrible last year. Find a shady spot in the trees once you are settled in, and plan on hanging out in the trees or under the misting tint for a while.

Overall, it's better to buy from your fellow campers. Most will not cheat you, and you won't have lines. If they're selling some extra stuff...you know how lots are, but anyway, that's the easiest way to deal with needing drinks. Water will be available at the wash stations. Fill up jugs and **** that you NEED to take(milk jugs) with water so you'll have it.

One last note, find the times when it's coolest and the port-o-jons are less used if you need to take a *****! Have your own paper b/c there won't be any, and if you see one that people are not going in to...there is a reason for it!

Have fun!"
Old 05-09-03, 06:42 AM
Banned

"Beer was $9 for a six pack!!!!
Ice was $3 for a 7 lb. Bag!!!
Food was 3-5!!!

Yes, everything inside was more reasonably priced than any summer fest I
have ever been to....

Oh yeah - water was $2 a bottle!!!

Very well managed, best ever managed. Bring it on!!!"
Old 05-11-03, 07:31 PM
Banned

"The prices werent too (woodstockishly) outrageous, I spent about 10 to 20 per day on food, but it is eating out( dont go for food in between big bands because the lines can get long at those times) bring water if u can bring beer if u can, they sell ice, and bring chips and juice and stuff. there are non official vendors with burritos pasta drinks beer pad thai and who knows what else,but those are always hit or miss i know some of them by now so i know who to trust. of course it all could be diferent this year so bring $$$. it was so much fun last year this years should be a bast too."
Old 06-10-03, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bonnaroo NE cancelled > http://www.bonnaroo.com/ne/2003/bonnaroo_ne.htm
Old 06-10-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Johnny Zhivago
Bonnaroo NE cancelled > http://www.bonnaroo.com/ne/2003/bonnaroo_ne.htm
not suprised after Field Day fiasco.

What sucks, is they didn't have full cooperation with the town/county from the start.

And I think Bonnaroo is much more organized than Field Day every dreamed of being.
Old 06-10-03, 04:57 PM

After I heard about Field Day, I pretty much expected this to happen.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.