Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Nick Cave "Nocturama" with bonus DVD - best price? and details on DVD?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-08-03, 02:27 PM

Just saw the listing on amazon.com about the new Nick Cave CD "Nocturama" with bonus DVD. Anyone know what's on the DVD? And anyone have a best price? Thanks.
Old 02-08-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From Anti's site:
for a limited time, Nocturama will include a free bonus dvd featuring the video for "Babe, I'm On Fire" the album's epic 15 minute closing track.

I wonder if the video will really be 15 mins or an edit?

The site also has an mp3 & video for the 1st single, Bring It On. Here's a bit from a press release:
Film director John Hillcoat, who worked with Cave on the prison movie 'Ghosts of the Civil Dead', came in to make videos for two songs from the album. The single 'Bring it On' is accompanied by a performance video from the band, assisted by semi-clad extras, shaking anatomy at the camera in homage to American pop videos. "Johnny Hillcoat asked me what I wanted to make a video about" says Cave; "I asked him 'What do videos look like on MTV these days?' and he said 'basically there's a lot of black girls wiggling their asses at the camera'. So, I said yeah, well alright let's do that then".

http://www.anti.com/artist.php?id=86668
Old 02-08-03, 10:11 PM

I just watched the bonus DVD, and it is indeed the full 15 minute "Babe, I'm on Fire" video. The video is pretty cool...in between shots of the band playing, there are clips of the guys from the band dressed up as the characters and personalities from the lyrics. And since Nick Cave is such a great lyricist, you know there's a crazy combination of interesting characters...and since the song is 15 minutes, there are tons of characters.

What's totally cool is that right after the video, they show about 3-4 minutes of outtakes from the filming of the video.

There's nothing else on the DVD, but it's a good complement to the song...and it's cool to see the band rocking out for 15 minutes straight!
Old 02-08-03, 10:18 PM

Sounds great. Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any good deals on this (B&M prices, etc.)?
Old 02-17-03, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

New Nick Cave!!!!? Dear God, I had no idea anything was coming out! From what you all say, it sounds like this is out. I'm heading to Tower tomorrow.