Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Weekly Charts JAN.31 - FEB.6 Norah Jones #1 CD, JLo & LL Bump B2K from #1 single!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Weekly Charts JAN.31 - FEB.6 Norah Jones #1 CD, JLo & LL Bump B2K from #1 single!

Old 01-31-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

NO. 1's IN BILLBOARD
#1 ALBUMS (charted by sales) R&B/HIP-HOP COUNTRY POP CATALOG ELECTRONIC HEATSEEKERS INDEPENDENT INTERNET LATIN

THE BILLBOARD 200

Norah Jones Remains Cozy At No. 1

1 Come Away With Me, Norah Jones
2 Chicago, Soundtrack
3 Let Go, Avril Lavigne
4 Home, Dixie Chicks
5 This Is Me...Then, Jennifer Lopez
6 8 Mile, Soundtrack
7 Cocky, Kid Rock
8 Under Construction, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott
9 I Care 4 U, Aaliyah
10 The Last Temptation, Ja Rule
11 The Young And The Hopeless, Good Charlotte
12 Up!, Shania Twain
13 Stripped, Christina Aguilera
14 Nellyville, Nelly
15 Justified, Justin Timberlake
16 The Eminem Show, Eminem
17 Room For Squares, John Mayer
18 Forty Licks, The Rolling Stones
19 It Had To Be You ... The Great American Songbook, Rod Stewart
20 God's Son, Nas
21 Better Dayz, 2Pac
22 Now 11, Various Artists
23 Josh Groban, Josh Groban
24 Shaman, Santana
25 A Rush Of Blood To The Head, Coldplay

Elsewhere, Rapper 50 Cent is quickly making his way up The Billboard 200, this week rocketing 77-43 with "Guess Who's Back" (Full Clip). The album saw a 57% sales burst as both his "In Da Club" and "Wanksta" chill in the top-10 of Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks tally.

Russian pop duo t.A.T.u. also continues to make strong gains. The pair's Interscope debut "200 KM/H in the Wrong Lane" speeds 110-53. The only debut within the top-50 of The Billboard 200 is Solange's "Solo Star." The first Columbia set from the sister of Destiny's Child's Beyonce Knowles lands at No. 49.

#1 SINGLES (charted by airplay & sales) MODERN ROCK TRACKS RAP COUNTRY DANCE/CLUB PLAY HOT R&B/HIP-HOP ADULT TOP 40 LATIN

HOT 100 SINGLES

J. Lo, LL 'All' Alone At No. 1
1 All I Have, Jennifer Lopez Featuring LL Cool J
2 Bump, Bump, Bump, B2K & P. Diddy
3 Beautiful, Christina Aguilera
4 I'm With You, Avril Lavigne
5 Mesmerize, Ja Rule Featuring Ashanti
6 Cry Me A River, Justin Timberlake
7 Miss You, Aaliyah
8 '03 Bonnie & Clyde, Jay-Z Featuring Beyonce Knowles
9 Landslide, Dixie Chicks
10 Air Force Ones, Nelly Featuring Kyjuan, Ali & Murphy Lee
11 In Da Club, 50 Cent
12 Don't Mess With My Man, Nivea Featuring Brian & Brandon Casey
13 Ignition, R. Kelly
14 Gossip Folks, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott Featuring Ludacris
15 Lose Yourself, Eminem
16 Picture, Kid Rock Featuring Sheryl Crow
17 The Game Of Love, Santana Featuring Michelle Branch
18 Wanksta, 50 Cent
19 Work It, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott
20 She Hates Me, Puddle Of Mudd
21 Your Body Is A Wonderland, John Mayer
22 Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous, Good Charlotte
23 19 Somethin', Mark Wills
24 When I'm Gone, 3 Doors Down
25 Family Portrait, Pink

Elsewhere, Tyrese's "How You Gonna Act Like That" moves 45-31, and in only its second-week on the Hot 100, Eminem's "Superman" soars 55-35. The Hot 100's top debut is Lil' Kim's "The Jump Off" featuring Mr. Cheeks at No. 66. The cut has been making its way up the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart, and this week cruises 42-26.

Other notable entries on the Hot 100 include the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Can't Stop" at No. 68, Snoop Dogg's "Beautiful" featuring Pharrell & Uncle Charlie Wilson at No. 69, Alan Jackson's "That'd Be Alright" at No. 74, and DMX's "X Gon' Give It to Ya" at No. 93.

Aaliyah's "Miss You" has control of the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart for a third-straight week. But 50 Cent's "In Da Club" moves 4-2 and is continuing to gain at radio, and will likely make it a tight race next week. "In Da Club" is No. 1 on Billboard Hot Rap Tracks tally.

Mark Willis' "19 Somethin'" continues its reign on Billboard's Hot Country Singles & Tracks roundup for a fifth-straight week, leading Blake Shelton's "The Baby," which spends a second week at No. 2.

On Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks tally, Queens Of The Stone Age earns its first-ever No. 1 with "No One Knows," replacing Saliva's "Always" at the top spot. There's no change, however, on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, where 3 Doors Down's "When I'm Gone" maintains its lead for an 11th-straight week.