Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Pearl Jam News: Christmas Single & US Tour Dates!!

Old 03-02-03, 10:12 PM

Go here http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/jfiles/files/s784221.htm for an archive of a two hour radio broadcast from Australia that was broadcast a week ago. It is very well done. Anybody got an extra Pittsburgh ticket?
Old 03-04-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got my ticket confirmation for the Champaign show April 28, so the 10c has at least gotten that far in their order processing.
Old 03-12-03, 02:51 PM

Wasn't sure if anybody saw this.. or has been keeping up with the ticket process.. Anyways, the process by which seats are assigned is the exact same as it was for other tours, you do not have an assigned seat in advance as they initially stated, simply a assigned block and your seat within that is determined by the time you arrive for tickets..

Lots of people are [email protected], but to me, it still rules, in that you don't have to deal with ticketmaster, and your tickets are still going to be good no matter when you joined..

Here is the post from a mod on pj message boards at tenclub...

"Hi Jammers,

We had a meeting with Tim and here's some additional clarification on the fan club ticket distribution.

The Ten Club intended and would have liked to distribute the tickets by exact seniority but because of the overwhelming response to the ticket offer, it simply became impossible. So this means that the ticket distribution is as it was last tour. The example that has been posted is an old one; there will be as many blocks as possible for each show and every effort will be made to make the blocks as small as possible although it will vary from show to show. The lower number blocks in front will be smaller than the higher number blocks simply because there are fewer members in those blocks. This will ensure that people can go to the shows with Ten Club tickets, rather than not going with Ten Club tickets. Coming as early as possible will ensure that everyone can be taken care of before a show begins. Again, sorry for the confusion. Have a great time at the shows!

Love and Peace,
Kat and Sea"

A link if you want the entire topic..
Old 03-14-03, 08:49 AM

Yeah, it's a little confusing. I think it works like this example:

1st 10 rows - reserved for members 0-100
2nd 10 rows - reserved for members 101-200
and so on

If you're member 60 and I'm member 160, your seats will be better than mine. But if member 99 gets in line before you do, their seats will be better than yours.

Basically, you're going to get a good seat, but if you want the best seat possible, show up early at the box office.
Old 03-14-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Poop, i just checked ticketmaster and I guess the albany show had gone on sale. I really wanted to go to this one, now all that are available are seats behind the stage. Do you think that the stage won't have a backdrop so I could potentially still see?
Old 03-14-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

imho, i don't see them selling seats behind the stage if you couldn't see *anything*...
Old 03-14-03, 02:38 PM

Here's a pic from one of the Aussie shows, looks like the same backdrop as the last tour.

IIRC there were people sitting behind the stage in the upper levels on the last tour.
Old 03-14-03, 03:14 PM

Not only for last tour, but for the Key Arena shows this past December, the back of the stage was completely open. Behind the stage seats were actually really good.
Old 03-14-03, 08:49 PM

Originally posted by db27
Poop, i just checked ticketmaster and I guess the albany show had gone on sale. I really wanted to go to this one, now all that are available are seats behind the stage. Do you think that the stage won't have a backdrop so I could potentially still see?
Actually behind the stage for PJ aren't that bad. They usually keep it wide open.
I saw them at MSG and had lower level right behind the stage and it was GREAT.

My Albany tix are excellent this year.
Still considering Boston 2, and MSG 2.
Money is just a bit tighter this year.
(I didn't renew my 1993 membership in time this year!)

Last tour I did 7 shows.
Old 03-14-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

really? perhaps I'll bite on these albany seats then.
Old 03-14-03, 10:27 PM

really? perhaps I'll bite on these albany seats then.
yeah, They'll have some speakers pointed in that direction so you can hear well.
They won't turn around much, just a few times to wave, at MSG, Eddie did turn around for about 1/2 a song.
And Stone and Mike turn around some and play.
But you'll have a pretty clear view of their sides backs.

And if you haven't seen PJ live you'll be in for a treat.

And at the Pepsi, if you aren't happy with your seats it's pretty easy to move around without a problem.
You might not make it onto the floor, but you should find an empty aisle or something to stand in, in a decent section if you don't like the behind the stage deal.
Old 03-14-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by briank
yeah, They'll have some speakers pointed in that direction so you can hear well.
They won't turn around much, just a few times to wave, at MSG, Eddie did turn around for about 1/2 a song.
And Stone and Mike turn around some and play.
But you'll have a pretty clear view of their sides backs.

And if you haven't seen PJ live you'll be in for a treat.

And at the Pepsi, if you aren't happy with your seats it's pretty easy to move around without a problem.
You might not make it onto the floor, but you should find an empty aisle or something to stand in, in a decent section if you don't like the behind the stage deal.
well, i think that I'm convinced. i've missed them every time they have been in this area, and i'm not gonna miss them this time. i like pepsi arena better than the bell centre in Montreal, so i'm thinkin Albany for sure.

problem is i'm bidding on some seats on ebay in section 105 which are nice, but that doesn't end for three days. perhaps the tix on ticketmaster will be gone by then? (111 row R)

what to do!!
Old 03-15-03, 02:17 PM

well, i think that I'm convinced. i've missed them every time they have been in this area, and i'm not gonna miss them this time. i like pepsi arena better than the bell centre in Montreal, so i'm thinkin Albany for sure.

problem is i'm bidding on some seats on ebay in section 105 which are nice, but that doesn't end for three days. perhaps the tix on ticketmaster will be gone by then? (111 row R)

what to do!!
how many seats do you need together?
I wouldn't worry too much.
Worst case scenario you can get tix outside the venue the night of.
Or if it "sells out", they'll release more 48hours or so before showtime.

Keep your eye on Ebay, usually PJ tix for Albany shouldn't go too high.
Because if you are in the Albany area, you already bought tix, or if you are travelling you are usually a big enough fan where you got ten club tix.

I know EVERYONE doesn't fall under this scenario (you), but enough do where the ticket demand isn't great where they area selling for 5x ticket price or anything.
Old 03-15-03, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

how many seats do you need together?
I wouldn't worry too much.
Worst case scenario you can get tix outside the venue the night of.
Or if it "sells out", they'll release more 48hours or so before showtime.

Keep your eye on Ebay, usually PJ tix for Albany shouldn't go too high.
Because if you are in the Albany area, you already bought tix, or if you are travelling you are usually a big enough fan where you got ten club tix.

I know EVERYONE doesn't fall under this scenario (you), but enough do where the ticket demand isn't great where they area selling for 5x ticket price or anything.
Just 2 tix together, as I said ticketmaster does have them available behind the stage, and I'm bidding on a pair on ebay. I'm in Burlington, Vermont so it's only a couple hours to Albany.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-17-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boston??

Still considering Boston 2
a little pet peeve of mine here...

why does pearl jam refer to great woods (tweeter) as being in boston?? it's in mansfield, which isn't even a suburb of boston, about 32 miles away!

they also refer to the tweeter center in Camden, NJ as 'Philadelphia'... ok, they're close (right across the water), BUT THEY'RE IN DIFFERENT STATES!!

ok... just thought i'd vent....
Old 03-17-03, 12:51 PM

Re: Boston??

Originally posted by mkdevo
a little pet peeve of mine here...

why does pearl jam refer to great woods (tweeter) as being in boston?? it's in mansfield, which isn't even a suburb of boston, about 32 miles away!

they also refer to the tweeter center in Camden, NJ as 'Philadelphia'... ok, they're close (right across the water), BUT THEY'RE IN DIFFERENT STATES!!

ok... just thought i'd vent....
yeah, lots of bands do the same thing.
Mansfield is actually more convienent for me, since I'd be travelling from Upstate NY, and taking the turnpike.
And wouldn't have to deal with downtown Boston as if it were at the FleetCenter.

I've seen some people refer to one of our local venues that is a good 40minutes away in another county and city as being in "Albany".
Old 03-17-03, 04:36 PM

Re: Boston??

Originally posted by mkdevo
If it helps at all, the official site now says :

Camden, NJ
(Philadelphia, PA)

for the show.
Old 03-18-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well, that's a start..
Old 03-28-03, 10:34 AM

Came across a cool site on saw mentioned on the pj message boards it's

PJTour

Sorta an interesting idea, it's setup so that you can see what shows people have received their confirmations for, as well as the ability to add your name and membership # to a specific show, so you can sorta get an idea of the amount of people going, your seats etc. (this would be much better if it was actually being updated via tenclub, but oh well, still cool)
Old 03-31-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just wanted to chime in and say, that I got my tix in the mail for the Albany show today. It will be my first Pearly Jam show, and I'm damn excited.

Hopefully the seats behind the stage don't suck too much. Either way, beats eBay pricing!
Old 04-22-03, 04:51 PM

Champaign show tomorrow night, can't wait!

Has anyone gotten 10c confirmations from shows in June? I wonder if they've gotten that far in their processing......
Old 04-22-03, 04:58 PM

I received my email confirmation for the 6/21 show in Wisconsin.

Also, in my profile on the tenclub website, it shows a payment for the 6/18 show in Chicago, however I haven't received my confirmation in the mail quite yet.

A good place to monitor the status of the shows is:

http://www.pjtour.com

The shows in bold are ones someone has received confirmation to, in one way or another (Either email, snail mail, or just a listing of it in your profile on tenclub)

Have a great time at the show. I wish I was going.