Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pearl Jam News: Christmas Single & US Tour Dates!!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Pearl Jam News: Christmas Single & US Tour Dates!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Meatpants
If you haven't found it yet, my number was included at the top of my Tour Info email.
Thanks for the tip, I figured that out last night. haha what a dummy I am.
Old 01-27-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://www.pearljambootlegs.com

Check it out. You can preorder the band authorized live cds already. 12.98 for Ten Club members and 14.98 for non-members. They will let you download un-mastered copies of the concert and then they will ship you the double disc(s) you order in about 7-10 business days.

Does this band get any cooler? I can't wait. I'll have my money order in the mail tomorrow.

6/7/03 Phoenix AZ Concert Attendee.
Old 01-27-03, 07:36 PM

Yeah, that is too cool about the bootlegs.. Whether you like pearl jam or not, you gotta admit, any band that treats it's fans so good is kick@ss.

Looks like this is gonna be a great year!
Old 01-28-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never seen them before, so I'm pretty excited. I plan on going to either Montreal or Albany, not sure which yet.

Hopefully I can get tix.

Please post when you guys know when they are on sale, I appreciate it.

WOOT!
Old 01-28-03, 03:22 PM

Sure thing, also people please post if/and when thet get confirmations prior to the show.

I hope they send them out in a timely fashion, in case I dont' get them, I can at least get regular tix.
Old 01-29-03, 11:12 AM

Here is a rundown of the opening acts for the upcoming tour according to Billboard.com:

Pearl Jam has drafted Sleater-Kinney, Sparta, Idlewild, and the Buzzcocks as the support acts for its 2003 North American tour. Sleater-Kinney will support beginning with the April 1 Denver tour opener through April 18 in Nashville, with Sparta taking over from April 19 in Atlanta through May 3 in State College, Pa.

Idlewild opens from May 28 in Missoula, Mont., through June 19 in Cincinnati, followed by the Buzzcocks from June 21 in East Troy, Wis., through July 5 in Camden, N.J. Openers for the July 8-9 tour finale in New York have yet to be announced. Manager Kelly Curtis tells Billboard.com that before his sudden death last month, former Clash frontman Joe Strummer had agreed to open several dates on the tour with his band the Mescaleros.

So now my choice can easily be narrowed down: Sleater-Kinney in Raleigh or Buzzcocks in DC? Sleater-Kinney by a landslide. Although I may try and see some of the other shows with Idlewild and Sparta opening.
Old 01-29-03, 11:25 AM

Bogus that I'm missing out on Sleater Kinney by a few days. I get Sparta and Idlewild, two bands I'm indifferent to.

Best PJ opening acts of recent years: Ben Harper, Frank Black
Old 01-29-03, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Meatpants

Best PJ opening acts of recent years: Ben Harper, Frank Black
I am kind of partial to Sonic Youth on the Binaural tour.
Old 01-29-03, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by Metrodub
I am kind of partial to Sonic Youth on the Binaural tour.
I dug Cheap Trick. Iggy was just so-so. Murder City Devils sucked.
Old 01-29-03, 10:19 PM

Ben Harper was probably my favorite opener for PJ.
Old 02-03-03, 06:51 PM

I got the Christmas single today, so if you're expecting it & haven't gotten it yet, it's coming soon.

And there's a nice bonus gift in there too.
Old 02-03-03, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Applejack
I am all over the April 3rd show in OKC... maybe even the June one in Dallas
Me too! Missed out on them in late '93, don't believe they've been back since. Finally can cross them off my ever-shrinking "must-see" list. Viva la Ford Center for finally bringing us some decent concerts, eh?
Old 02-03-03, 07:29 PM

I'm not currently a member of the Ten Club, but I'd like to become one for the tickets. I'm at the "buy membership" page of the site, but there's a note there saying

*****BUYING A NEW MEMBERSHIP OR RENEWING AN EXPIRED MEMBERSHIP WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR THE 2003 TOUR
So, am I just SOL on getting the special tickets, even after I sign up for the Ten Club?
Old 02-03-03, 09:03 PM

You're sol until the next touring year, sorry. They had the deadline posted for sometime, because they want to try to avoid everybody simply joining to get tickets.
Old 02-03-03, 09:24 PM

Well, damn. That sucks. Thanks for the info.

Eh, it'll still be cool to finally see 'em.
Old 02-04-03, 09:14 AM

Reminder to 10c members - the deadline to get you ticket order in is February 11th, so you've got a week left.
Old 02-04-03, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Virex
Me too! Missed out on them in late '93, don't believe they've been back since. Finally can cross them off my ever-shrinking "must-see" list. Viva la Ford Center for finally bringing us some decent concerts, eh?
No kidding. The Strokes, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones... there has been some good concerts here so far this year

Usually all we get is 70's bands with only 1 original member at Frontier City in the summertime
Old 02-06-03, 02:27 PM
Banned

Pearl Jam Rules!

I will be at the PA show...

CANNOT WAIT...
Old 02-06-03, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by dvdmachine
Pearl Jam Rules!

I will be at the PA show...

CANNOT WAIT...
Did you get a ten club ticket confirmation already?? Or are you just planning on being there (as opposed to already having tickets)?
Old 02-06-03, 04:54 PM

Yeah, did you get your confirmation? On the website, they said they haven't even thought about doing that yet. Said they're waiting until the deadline to start going through tickets.

Also says, the 2 NY shows are almost filled, so if you haven't sent in your request yet you're prob sol on those 2 shows.
Old 02-07-03, 09:20 AM

I don't think anyone is getting confirmations yet, but aside from a few shows (like NY), 10c members are pretty much guaranteed to get a seat.
Old 02-28-03, 09:30 AM

So has anyone gotten their confirmations yet? And if you did, did you get it mailed or emailed?
Old 02-28-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine was e-mailed on Tuesday.
Old 03-01-03, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, got mine for Raleigh and Charlotte on Tuesday... I also want to point out just how f****** awesome the tenclub is once again! I had let my membership expire, and I went online to sign up again and order tickets on Jan. 28th (I think - I know it was 4 days AFTER the deadline for signing up and getting tickets for this tour), and that's when I saw the note saying I couldn't do it!!

Well, I went ahead and renewed my membership anyway since I knew I'd be buying the bootlegs (probably all of them as I did last time) - I've already bought the full Au and Jap legs of the tour. Well, after a couple days of being so pissed at myself that I didn't check the site a week earlier to sign up, I decided what could be the harm in sending in money orders for the 2 shows I knew I could go to, Raleigh and Charlotte. Worse comes to worse, I knew they'd send them back to me (and if not, well, it was worth the risk of losing $200 to get a shot at the seats). And then low and behold, I GOT THEM!!!

My assumption now is that if they had the tickets available to the requested shows, then they went ahead and gave them to members who signed up too late so long as they got the MOs in in time. But because they had the deadline posted, they probably stopped A LOT of people from joining just for the tickets, people who of course didn't feel it was worth the "risk" to send in the MOs anyway!

Well, anyway, I'm so psyched for the concerts you have no idea, and big to the tenclub once again for being absolutely amazing!!
Old 03-01-03, 11:53 AM

Yeah tenclub and more importantly pearl jam rules esp to their fans. This is on their website:

"February 20, 2003 Confirmation Information and On-sale stuff.

Most of you already know, but some tickets for the Riot Act tour go on sale to the general public this weekend. For the lastest on that click here.

As for your 10club tickets, we are in the middle of processing the Florida shows right now. So we obviously won't finish the confirmations before the first wave of on sales start. But as in past tours, you have to trust us. If we got your requests in by Feb 11, and in some cases a couple of days after, we'll get you in to the show. Once again, please resist the urge to call or email to ask us if we've gotten your money order yet. We don't know, and we're getting to it as quickly as possible. Also, be aware that we may send more than one email confirmation for one show. We're just trying to work out some bugs. It does not mean that you have more than two tickets for that show. And if you get a confirmation for Denver, it doesn't mean you should have one for Chicago. We'll get to your other shows soon! Thanks for your patience."

Sounds like they cut their fans some breaks, which is awesome of them.. I can hardly wait to go see them after seeing some of their setlists thus far for this tour.

If anybody receives confirmation for boston, chicago, or wisconsin let me know, so I can start being careful deleting junkmail. For now it appears they're starting on the 1st leg and then moving on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.