Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Metal/Glam Rock bands that are all but forgotten?

Old 05-02-03, 01:31 PM
  #176  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Re: Re: Lynch Mob

Originally posted by Mordred
I'll have to check out that new Lynch Mob. I got the Wicked Underground and really wasn't that impressed. I thought it would be a lot different than what it was.

Mordred
Just the samples I've heard were not very impressive.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 03-07-04, 09:04 AM
  #177  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
I thought this might help with the "Rock Ballad" thread.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 03-07-04, 11:25 AM
  #178  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The land of Toppled Trees. Virginia
Posts: 246
Originally posted by SmackDaddy
How many of you have a copy of H.S.A.S. Through the Fire???

Released in the mid 80's or so (I'll have to look at the sleeve) it was Sammy Hagar, Neal Schon, Kenny Aaronson and Michael Shrieve. It was, I believe, a on shot deal. Recorded live over a couple of nights. Some pretty cool stuff, their radio hit was Missing You, but, Top of the Rock, Animation/Valley of the Kings/Giza was really cool as was their cover of Whiter Shade of Pale. I don' think it ever saw a CD release.

I was hoping they would actually stick together, would have been really interesting.
I can't beleave someone other than me remembers who H.S.A.S. is!!!! I was reading this entire thread thinking I would have to be the first to mention this great, and most underrated band. "Thorugh the Fire" is one of the best "Hard Rock" albums ever made. Thier version of "Whiter Shade of Pale" is the best version of that song that has ever graced my ears.

I remember all the bands mentioned. Some I love, and a lot of em' I hate. I still havn't seen anyone mention...

TOKYO BLADE

or...

Heavy Pettin

or...

Tsunami

or...

S.O.D, and M.O.D.

or...

The Infectious Grooves


Grunge sucks! No Musicianship, no style, no image, just boring stand in one place mumble at the floor about how depressed you are dull crap! YUCK! Where are all those bands now?
"Grunge" was a fad, and it is dead, while "Metal" is still rolling on and on. "Grunge"(and Nirvana) was falsely given credit for killing off "Hair Metal", when in reallity it was just the suits who run MTV etc., that pulled the plug on "Hair Metal", and it had already run it's course anyway. "Hair Metal" was on it's way out, so any band could have came along, and snaged that title(the band that killed Hair Metal). Nirvana was just in the right place, at the right time. "Grunge" is a form of "Hard Rock/Metal" as well, and got it's commercial boost by appearing on a "Hair Metal" show known as the "Headbangers Ball". Fans of "Grunge Metal/Rock" need to become more open minded, and realize, if it wasn't for "Metal", as well as "Punk" there would not have been any "Grunge" at all. "Grunge " fans need to pull the cork out of thier ass, and the cotten from thier ears, and learn to respect the great "Hard Rock/Metal&Punk" that influenced thier favorite crapy, sad, here today gone tomorrow, bands they so love to brag about. "Hair Metals" ride on the top lasted a whole lot longer than "Grunge's" did. Both were a fad, but "Hair Metal" still lives on somehow, and "Grunge" is dead and gone forever.

It kind of looks like you really don't know much about "grunge". Oh well, where are all the glam bands now? They're really selling out those arena's huh.
I think that person might know a little more about grunge than you, so it seems. You should be asking, where are all the grunge bands now, because those sad glam bands are still around, and selling more tickets to thier shows than a lot of bands who get rotation on the radio these days do. I don't see many bands selling out arena's anymore anyhow, no matter what the music is they play(thanks to high ticket prices). "Grunge" was a fad, a crapy fad that tainted the minds of many young and impressionalbe kids, who knew no better, and listened to every word those morons like Cobain had to say. This, in my opinion, set into motion the sad state the music industry is in today.
raiders757 is offline  
Old 03-07-04, 03:40 PM
  #179  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Originally posted by raiders757
I still havn't seen anyone mention...


S.O.D, and M.O.D.
M.O.D. is still around. I visit Billy Milano's message board frequently. He's in there quite often. S.O.D.? Well, lets just say they are all but forgotten to Billy too.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 03-07-04, 03:48 PM
  #180  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 847
Did not see these posted:

RAVEN
Mama's Boyz
Teeze
Odin
Rough House
King Kobra
Armoured Saint
TKO
EZO
London
Lee Aaron
Adam Bomb
Coney Hatch
D.A.D.
Sea Hags
Shy
Osiris is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 02:58 PM
  #181  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,707
Both were a fad, but "Hair Metal" still lives on somehow, and "Grunge" is dead and gone forever.
I agree, but I think Grunge is still with us, almost all the bands I hear on the radio sound like Grunge "Part 2" - Staind, Audioslave, Chevelle, Puddle of Mudd, Nickleback, Trapt, Perfect Circle, Switchfoot, ect, ect, - it all sounds like grunge to me with that Pearl Jam/Alice in Chains/Creed "eerrr errr" type singing.

I'm glad there are bands like Jet and The Darkness getting some airplay. Rock music was getting so boring and depressing, it was only a matter of time before real rock bands started to come back.

Oh well, where are all the glam bands now? They're really selling out those arena's huh.
Nobody plays arenas anymore, (except the supergroups like KISS or U2) But those sad glam metal bands are selling out the same venues as Staind, Perfect Circle and the rest of the crap Clear Channel tells everyone to listen to. I think that says alot about how much glam metal rules when bands like Warrant, 10 years after the fall of their career with no radio play, are drawing about the same size crowds as "Puddle of Mudd" and all the other heavy radio play bands of today. At least Warrant can say they actually did headline an arena tour, something Staind and Chevelle will never do, no matter how many times Clear Channel plays them.
turborobb is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 03:18 PM
  #182  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 15,108
Originally posted by turborobb
Nobody plays arenas anymore, (except the supergroups like KISS or U2) But those sad glam metal bands are selling out the same venues as Staind, Perfect Circle and the rest of the crap Clear Channel tells everyone to listen to. I think that says alot about how much glam metal rules when bands like Warrant, 10 years after the fall of their career with no radio play, are drawing about the same size crowds as "Puddle of Mudd" and all the other heavy radio play bands of today. At least Warrant can say they actually did headline an arena tour, something Staind and Chevelle will never do, no matter how many times Clear Channel plays them.
Do you actually have facts or numbers to back up this claim? Or were just pulling it straight out of your ass. I'm guessing the former.
MJKTool is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 03:30 PM
  #183  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 15,108
Originally posted by raiders757
"Grunge" was a fad, a crapy fad
And "hair metal" wasnt? Pot calles the kettle black much?

Originally posted by raiders757
Fans of "Grunge Metal/Rock" need to become more open minded, and realize, if it wasn't for "Metal", as well as "Punk" there would not have been any "Grunge" at all.
We are. We are open to the true fathers of metal, ie Black Sabbath, & Led Zeppelin, not some clowns like Warrant. Get it right.

Last edited by MJKTool; 03-08-04 at 04:13 PM.
MJKTool is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 04:03 PM
  #184  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Doug Heffernan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Stuck in traffic on the Queensboro Bridge
Posts: 3,251
Samshed Glayds?

Faster Pussycat?
Doug Heffernan is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 04:24 PM
  #185  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: The Rock
Posts: 561
Been listening to the latest Enuff Z'Nuff cd (Welcome to Blue Island) allot lately along with Kristy Krash Majors latest solo cd. Some great new tunes on these discs.
Also there is a great new band out called Mojo Rib. Been listening to that a fair bit as well. Great Rock n Roll.
Celtic Bob is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 09:06 PM
  #186  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The land of Toppled Trees. Virginia
Posts: 246
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MJKTool
And "hair metal" wasnt? Pot calles the kettle black much?



From Raiders757 - Before we begine, note this quote from my first post.

Both were a fad, but "Hair Metal" still lives on somehow

O.K. now first, let get this straight. I wouldn't say I am much of a fan of "Hair Metal", or at least what I consider true "Hair Metal". You know, bands like Poison, and Warrant etc..., so to say it is the pot calling the kettle black is a bit off. To be exact, I used to be one of the biggest haters of "Hair Metal" there ever was. I thought it was giving "Metal" a bad name, but at the same time I was happier they were playing "Hair Metal" on the radio/MTV, because "New Wave"(which I really hated back then) was getting a bit old. I was in a catch 22 back then. I was more into Heavy Metal(Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest etc.), I was into what is now called Classic/Arena Rock(but was just rock/hard rock music back then), Jazz, Thrash Metal, and Southern Rock, so please don't go thinking I am one of those people who run aroung going "Poison rules dude!". That I am not. I however find myself listening to lots of "New Wave" music, as well as "Hair Metal" these days to compensate for the lack of good "New" music. It is a shame indeed.


Now as for "Hair Metal" being a fad. I think that all depends on what circles you were running around in at the time. A lot of the fans of "Hair Metal" bands were young women, Half of whom actually were "Metal Heads", while the other half were those girls who listened to Madonna etc., and only liked "Hair Metal" for it's power ballads and thier lead singers. Most all of the guy fans were "Metal Heads", whom unlike the rest of us other "Metal Heads", didn't mind all that make-up and polka dots with poofy hair. Now that being said, I would like to point out that a "Metal Heads" fad was not to be into fads. Ya' get what I'm saying here. "Metal Heads" never dressed any differently, bought any different kind of overpriced shoes, or pimple cream etc., because it was the cool/in thing to do. "Metal Heads were never into, or cared for all that B.S.. If you are one of those people who hung out with the so called, "Trendy People"(I like to call them a word that begins with an "S", but I promised another BB'r that I would do my best not to use that word anymore) then yes, it was a fad, because everything is a fad to them. If you hung out with "Metal Heads", or people that plain hated "Hair Metal", then it was not a fad at all. Yes "Hair Metal' was a fad for some, but you see, "Hair Metal", and it's fans still live on, in larger numbers than you might imagine.

Now the "Grunge" fad is a bit different. Most fans of "Grunge" were young impressionable kids just getting into music. Once again the "Trendy" crowd of "Pop" fans etc.. also joined in, and even a few "Metal Heads", and straglers to boot. Thing is, you would find that the "Metal Heads" didn't change thier image, or the music they listened to, like the others. They just added thier "Grunge Metal/Rock" albums in right along side thier Iron Maiden/Judas Priest albums and stuff. Not the case with the rest of em'(young kids etc..). Suddenly every young kid, and missguided "Trendy" person looked, and dressed like a bunch of bums(almost like us "Metal Heads" back then Hmmmmm), acted like the world was against them, and took an oath that anything 80's must suck, because Kurt Cobain told them so. It was funny how they were buying into all the B.S. that most of those "Grunge" bands spewed. Suddenly being "Grunge" was "Trendy". A status "Hair Metal" never acheaved. Yes, "Trendy" people liked "Hair Metal", and "Hair Metal" lasted longer(still alive today), but it never truely became "Trendy". "Grunge" became a fashion statment, as well as a ""statement"" (ya' know that ol' "It's me against the system" statement that people go for, becuase someone else said it was the cool type of thing to do). When "Grunge" quickly ran it's course, it seems barely any of the bands stuck around. The young fans of "Grunge" either went on to listen to "Rap", or claimed they were "alternative" the whole time anyway, and went out of thier way to be "Alternative"(but will still defend "Grunge' to this day, just a I do Metal music). The "Trendy" fans went back to thier top 40 B.S. crap, and a new era of the music industry began. The era we are still in now, the era of greed, and shity music, with negative culture being pushed on everyone, everywhere just to sell more crap. "Grunge" died, and damn near all it's fans(as well as the bands) left the corpse to rot. Metal, be it crapy "Hair Metal", or be it real "Metal" still lives on, as it always has, with no media attention, just like it was before the term "Hair Metal" was coined.

We are. We are open to the true fathers of metal, ie Black Sabbath, & Led Zeppelin, not some clowns like Warrant. Get it right.

I got it right long before you ever did, apparently. Every young shit from the early 90's listens to Sabbath, and Zeppelin. They also claim they love Bob Marley, and the Doors to, so what's your point? How do I know you are not just a young shit like the rest? Ever tried any Iron Maiden out? Your boy Kurt Cobain seemed to love them, but didn't have balls to admit it, but only a few times, because it would have made him a hypocrite(sp?). In my opinion the fans of "Grunge" music are open to very little from the pre 90's, unless it is something that the media pushed on them to think is cool. The "grunge" fans are just as big a bunch of "She..", I mean "Trend follwers", as the top 40 "Pop' music fans are, so for a person that defends "grunge" music to say they are "open" to the true fathers of "Metal", and mention those two bands, it just proves my point somewhat(I could be missjudgeing you though). The "Fathers" of "Metal" are Deep Purple. Black Sabbath are the "Gods" of "Metal", and Iron Maiden are the "Kings" of Metal, but a "grunge" fan(or anyone who was young in the 90's) wouldn't know that. Were you in your teens in any part of the 90's? Just wondering.

Last edited by raiders757; 03-08-04 at 10:01 PM.
raiders757 is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 09:56 PM
  #187  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33
raiders757, I think you're making some really broad generalizations. How can you even begin to say that hair metal wasn't a fad? There is no denying that it was. It's true that there are plenty of people that still listen to hair metal, but it's also true that plenty of people still listen to Nirvana and Pearl Jam (the latter of which is still going strong and releasing records). To say that grunge was a fad while hair metal wasn't is pretty hypocritical. Both were fads.

Also, I think you're making stupid claims as to what grunge fans do and don't listen to. I love grunge, but I also like goth, industrial, punk, and '70s-era rock (and no, I don't like Bob Marley). But you already knew that, right? After all, I'm just a trend follower.
Zuul is offline  
Old 03-08-04, 10:16 PM
  #188  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The land of Toppled Trees. Virginia
Posts: 246
Originally posted by Zuul
How can you even begin to say that hair metal wasn't a fad?
This is a quote from my first post in this thread.

Both were a fad, but "Hair Metal" still lives on somehow

Oh', and yes I was somewhat generalizing in what "Grunge" fans do and listen to now, but my statements are also true, and the truth hurts sometimes, get over it. Goth, and Industrial are nothing but sub categories of "Alternative", and in some cases "Metal", and there is no such thing as true "Punk" music anymore IMO. If there is, please point me in the right direction.
raiders757 is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 12:11 AM
  #189  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Posts: 15,108
Originally posted by raiders757
O.K. now first, let get this straight. I wouldn't say I am much of a fan of "Hair Metal", or at least what I consider true "Hair Metal". You know, bands like Poison, and Warrant etc..., so to say it is the pot calling the kettle black is a bit off.
No. If you can throw all those rock bands at the time into the group "grunge" then I will do the same for "hair metal". Unless you want to be fair and say both groups (hair & grunge) had both their fair share of decent acts that got unfairly titled....Tesla & Soundgarden come to mind.

Originally posted by raiders757
To be exact, I used to be one of the biggest haters of "Hair Metal" there ever was. I thought it was giving "Metal" a bad name, but at the same time I was happier they were playing "Hair Metal" on the radio/MTV, because "New Wave"(which I really hated back then) was getting a bit old. I was in a catch 22 back then. I was more into Heavy Metal(Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest etc.), I was into what is now called Classic/Arena Rock(but was just rock/hard rock music back then), Jazz, Thrash Metal, and Southern Rock, so please don't go thinking I am one of those people who run aroung going "Poison rules dude!". That I am not.
Then you in return should not label someone who happened to listen to a few bands from the grunge area as some flannel wearing depressed sheep following Cobain. See where I'm getting at, don't be a hypocrite.

Originally posted by raiders757
Now as for "Hair Metal" being a fad. I think that all depends on what circles you were running around in at the time. A lot of the fans of "Hair Metal" bands were young women, Half of whom actually were "Metal Heads", while the other half were those girls who listened to Madonna etc., and only liked "Hair Metal" for it's power ballads and thier lead singers. Most all of the guy fans were "Metal Heads", whom unlike the rest of us other "Metal Heads", didn't mind all that make-up and polka dots with poofy hair. Now that being said, I would like to point out that a "Metal Heads" fad was not to be into fads. Ya' get what I'm saying here. "Metal Heads" never dressed any differently, bought any different kind of overpriced shoes, or pimple cream etc., because it was the cool/in thing to do. "Metal Heads were never into, or cared for all that B.S.. If you are one of those people who hung out with the so called, "Trendy People"(I like to call them a word that begins with an "S", but I promised another BB'r that I would do my best not to use that word anymore) then yes, it was a fad, because everything is a fad to them. If you hung out with "Metal Heads", or people that plain hated "Hair Metal", then it was not a fad at all. Yes "Hair Metal' was a fad for some, but you see, "Hair Metal", and it's fans still live on, in larger numbers than you might imagine.
Hair metal does NOT live on. Hair Metal was an image that died when Nirvana took over. If your talking about bands from the hair metal era still touring, then that does not matter as I'm sure bands from the grunge era do the exact same thing. But the difference is I would never label it as Grunge still "living on".
You also seem to think that I label every metal act at that time as "hair metal"....which I dont. No, only the goofballs imitators of Motley Crue who oversaturated that scene until it became the joke that it was.

Originally posted by raiders757
Now the "Grunge" fad is a bit different. Most fans of "Grunge" were young impressionable kids just getting into music.
Huh? Did the human evolution stop or something? There were just as many impressionable kids listening to hair metal as well. And dont think for a second that the message these hair metal bands were sending were ANY better.

Originally posted by raiders757
Once again the "Trendy" crowd of "Pop" fans etc.. also joined in, and even a few "Metal Heads", and straglers to boot. Thing is, you would find that the "Metal Heads" didn't change thier image, or the music they listened to, like the others. They just added thier "Grunge Metal/Rock" albums in right along side thier Iron Maiden/Judas Priest albums and stuff. Not the case with the rest of em'(young kids etc..). Suddenly every young kid, and missguided "Trendy" person looked, and dressed like a bunch of bums
I'm not gonna argue with that. As I remember the grunge look being offered in a JC Penny catalog at one point.
But I also remember lots of long big ass hair back when too....

Originally posted by raiders757
acted like the world was against them, and took an oath that anything 80's must suck, because Kurt Cobain told them so. It was funny how they were buying into all the B.S. that most of those "Grunge" bands spewed.
I dont remember Kurt ever saying that. Can you provide a link with a quote with him saying that? I'm guessing not, as you probably just made it up.

Originally posted by raiders757
Suddenly being "Grunge" was "Trendy". A status "Hair Metal" never acheaved. Yes, "Trendy" people liked "Hair Metal", and "Hair Metal" lasted longer(still alive today), but it never truely became "Trendy".
Contradict much?

Originally posted by raiders757
"Grunge" became a fashion statment, as well as a ""statement"" (ya' know that ol' "It's me against the system" statement that people go for, becuase someone else said it was the cool type of thing to do).
You mean like Metallica did in the early 80's against glam?

Originally posted by raiders757
When "Grunge" quickly ran it's course, it seems barely any of the bands stuck around. The young fans of "Grunge" either went on to listen to "Rap", or claimed they were "alternative" the whole time anyway, and went out of thier way to be "Alternative"(but will still defend "Grunge' to this day, just a I do Metal music). The "Trendy" fans went back to thier top 40 B.S. crap, and a new era of the music industry began.
Thats alot of assuming right there.....I see a trend...hmmm.

Originally posted by raiders757
The era we are still in now, the era of greed, and shity music, with negative culture being pushed on everyone, everywhere just to sell more crap.
Hair metal bands were just as greedy, dont even try and say they werent. You have bands from that period making videos showing themselves in a stretched limos with a damn jacuzzi built in having 20 chicks around one person. Same damn thing that happens in videos today.

Originally posted by raiders757
"Grunge" died, and damn near all it's fans(as well as the bands) left the corpse to rot. Metal, be it crapy "Hair Metal", or be it real "Metal" still lives on, as it always has, with no media attention, just like it was before the term "Hair Metal" was coined.
See my post above regarding this nonsense.

Originally posted by raiders757
I got it right long before you ever did, apparently.
I see you edited out that "fanboy" comment with "apparently"

I was not a fanboy of grunge. I was a fan of a few bands from that period.

Originally posted by raiders757
Every young shit from the early 90's listens to Sabbath, and Zeppelin. They also claim they love Bob Marley, and the Doors to, so what's your point? How do I know you are not just a young shit like the rest?
Young shit like the rest? Where are you getting all these baseless claims? Are you out on the street interviewing kids from that time period or something? How do I know you are not just a old shit who likes to label everyone?

Originally posted by raiders757
Ever tried any Iron Maiden out? Your boy Kurt Cobain seemed to love them, but didn't have balls to admit it, but only a few times, because it would have made him a hypocrite(sp?).
1st of all Cobain was not my "boy". I dont give a shit about him or Nirvana. And 2nd of all yes I have tried Maiden out? Dont care for them at all. Whats your point?

Originally posted by raiders757
In my opinion the fans of "Grunge" music are open to very little from the pre 90's, unless it is something that the media pushed on them to think is cool. The "grunge" fans are just as big a bunch of "She..", I mean "Trend follwers", as the top 40 "Pop' music fans are, so for a person that defends "grunge" music to say they are "open" to the true fathers of "Metal", and mention those two bands, it just proves my point somewhat(I could be missjudgeing you though).
And its my opinion most of your statements are baseless claims.

Originally posted by raiders757
The "Fathers" of "Metal" are Deep Purple. Black Sabbath are the "Gods" of "Metal", and Iron Maiden are the "Kings" of Metal, but a "grunge" fan(or anyone who was young in the 90's) wouldn't know that.
Are you making these labels up as you go or something? Stop arguing silly points like this.

Originally posted by raiders757
Were you in your teens in any part of the 90's? Just wondering.
I'm 27. By the way you have a really bad problem stating baseless claims as fact. You shouldnt really do that in a debate.

Last edited by MJKTool; 03-09-04 at 12:14 AM.
MJKTool is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 07:32 AM
  #190  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The land of Toppled Trees. Virginia
Posts: 246
I have to go to work, so I can't fully reply untill later. First of all we are starting(hell we have been) to thread crap here. My claims are not baseless, they are made from observations (as well as facts) I made while living through that time period. I wasn't blinded by the media, and hype like most everyone else. Oh, and let it be known, I was one of those "Metal Heads" who bought "Grunge" albums, so I can be fair, and say "Grunge" had some good acts. It's the attitude of "Grunge" and its fans that I am mainly talking about here,you know things like posting pictures of Cobain on a Metal thread. I don't think I recall saying the music sucked, but maybe I did. Well I have to go to work, I will reply later, if givin a chance, and then I am whiping my hands clean of this. You "Grunge" fans are hard headed, just as we "Metal Heads" are.

Have a nice day.

Raiders757
raiders757 is offline  
Old 03-09-04, 04:04 PM
  #191  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 03-10-04, 05:42 AM
  #192  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,707
Kristy Krash Majors latest solo cd. Some great new tunes on these discs.
how is Kristy's CD? I've been meaning to get that.

I just bought the new Tesla and Brides of Destruction CDs today, both on sale for 8.99 at best buy. great stuff.

I also saw Warrant last week - they rocked! it was the first show with Jamie St James singing and the return of Joey Allen on guitar. Jamie was awesome, they even played Hold Onto Eightteen! They did all songs from the first two albums including Sure Feels Good To Me, Riding High, Bed of Roses and Thin Disgiese.

I'm ignoring the whole grunge vs hair metal debate, it's not worth my time, because hair metal rules, it's a fact. I find it funny that the same people who make fun of me for liking Warrant or Ratt are the ones who think mind numbing boring music like Audioslave, Staind and Perfect Circle are great stuff. LOL! the worst.

Do you actually have facts or numbers to back up this claim? Or were just pulling it straight out of your ass. I'm guessing the former.
no, just my own personal observation. I don't think I'm far off. do you have any facts and numbers to prove me wrong?
turborobb is offline  
Old 03-10-04, 07:49 AM
  #193  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicago->D.C.
Posts: 6,524
For whoever cares...here is 2003 top 100 concert tours from Pollstar.

Link
Flashback is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.