Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Any Failure Fans? New Band by Ken Andrews

Old 01-12-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any Failure Fans? New Band by Ken Andrews

Ken Andrews has a new band called Year of the Rabbit. They have an e.p. out on their website. Sound is very reminiscient of Failure which I like. The song for download on their site is "Hunted" check it out. Andrews also has another album out of his solo project ON. Happy listening.

www.yearoftherabbit.net

www.placidminds.com/YOTR
Old 01-13-03, 12:00 AM

Hey, Pillowhead. I haven't heard much of Ken's work (Just "Hunted" by Year of the Rabbit, actually) but I dig it.

You said Failure sounds similar to YOTR? Could you recommend a couple good Failure tunes to download? I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, YOTR is pretty cool. I'll have to check out some more stuff from that E.P.

I dig the sort of haunting, melancholiness that "Hunted." possesses. Hopefully, the rest of the E.P is as good.
Old 01-13-03, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great to hear that you like these guys. I first heard failure's Stuck on You song on the 1997 MTV Movie Awards. They played a clip of the song to some footage of ID4. Ever since then I've been a fan. I picked up all their albums. Fantastic Planet and Magnified are the best. The band broke up but Ken Andrews has done solo work with On.

Good Failure Songs

(Magnified)
Let It Drip
Moth
Frogs
Undone
Empty Friend

(Fantastic Planet)
The Nurse Who Loved Me
Smoking Umbrellas
Blank
Another Space Song
Stuck On You
Old 01-13-03, 04:16 AM

Thanks, PH. I'll track some of those down. I'm sure I'll like 'em.

I actually found out about Year of The Rabbit over at theprp.com. Their MP3 of "Hunted" was the recommended tune of that particular week. I downloaded the song, and the rest was history.

In any case, I'll get some of those tracks. Thanks again.