DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   the best and worst videos of 2002? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/259483-best-worst-videos-2002-a.html)

Rypro 525 12-24-02 03:15 PM

the best and worst videos of 2002?

best 3 way tie between
"fell in love with a girl" by the white stripes
"hate to say i told you so" by the hives
and
"cant escape my home" or something like that by enrique inglaias. (he was one lucky man for that video)
worst
"hot in herre" by nelly

mdc3000 12-24-02 06:06 PM

best videos:

"Keep Fishin'" - Weezer....so damn good

"Hate To Say I Told You So" - The Hives

"No One Knows" - Queens of the Stone Age

"Without Me" - Eminem

"Cry Me A River" - Justin Timberlake

WORST vids:

"Dirrty" - Christina Aguilera

"Complicated" - Avril Lavigne

"Cochise" - Audioslave

MATT

nightwing82 12-24-02 09:19 PM

Best:
"Die Another Day" - Madonna

Worst (3 way tie):
"Dirrty" - Christina Aguilera
"Complicated" - Avril Lavigne

MFRONE 12-25-02 04:14 PM

Worst is easily:
Shania Twain-Getcha Good, it just makes no sense and looks so stupid

Best:
Dave Matthews Band-Grey Street, the best live video ever made.

Rypro 525 12-25-02 04:24 PM

Originally posted by nightwing82

mtv loves this video since the girl at the end is supposingly supposed to be britney spears.

Da Thrilla 12-25-02 07:46 PM

Best: Eminem - Without Me
Worst: Shania Twain - that Getcha Good one, so fuc-ing stupid

nightwing82 12-25-02 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
mtv loves this video since the girl at the end is supposingly supposed to be britney spears.
It's just a look a like. You can clearly tell it isn't Britney when her face is shown very quickly when she gets out of the shower.

fallow 12-26-02 09:57 AM

Best - "Fell In Love With a Girl" by The White Stripes

Worst - I'm going to say that "Soak Up the Sun" video, by Sheryl Crow, just because VH-1 made the STUPID mistake of saying it was the best video of the year. I'm still amazed that they did that.

Daytripper 12-26-02 10:53 AM

Originally posted by fallow
Best - "Fell In Love With a Girl" by The White Stripes

Worst - I'm going to say that "Soak Up the Sun" video, by Sheryl Crow, just because VH-1 made the STUPID mistake of saying it was the best video of the year. I'm still amazed that they did that.

Oh come on, come on (sorry, couldn't resist). It's the worst because of THAT!? Sure it's not the best. But there are far worse videos than "Soak Up The Sun".

DumDum 12-26-02 11:09 AM

Guess I'm the only one who likes Christina's video? Yeh right :)

Ergyu 12-26-02 11:54 AM

Best - Parabol - Tool

Worst - Everything Else....

Lord Crumb 12-26-02 01:00 PM

Well, I can't select a best video. But the dubious honor of worst is awarded to "Cry Me A River", by Justin Timberlake.

What disposable, facile, tripe...

Daytripper 12-26-02 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Lord Crumb
Well, I can't select a best video. But the dubious honor of worst is awarded to "Cry Me A River", by Justin Timberlake.

What disposable, facile, tripe...

Words that can basically describe Justin himself, his "band" and any "music" he/they produce.

MJKTool 12-26-02 03:32 PM

Best - Parabol(a) - TOOL

Worst - Shut up - Kelly Osbourne

The Bus 12-27-02 08:41 AM

Best: Zero7's video
Worst: Shania Twain, and anything with Ja Rule in it

Flashback 12-27-02 08:55 AM

I like the Weezer one with the Muppets. I do not know the name of the song but I will always stop and watch it (ANIMAL!!!!!).

Worst - I'll agree with some on Aguilara 'Dirty'. The girl has an awesome voice and pulls off this cheesy video to whore herself.

Daytripper 12-27-02 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Flashback

Worst - I'll agree with some on Aguilara 'Dirty'. The girl has an awesome voice and pulls off this cheesy video to whore herself.

And it didn't pay off. The song tanked, not even cracking (no pun) the Top 50 on the singles charts. At least here in America. It went to number one in England though. It's really sad that she thought she had to go that route to stay ahead of the game.

retihsuhnt 12-27-02 03:43 PM

I am surprised that no one has nominated Xtina's newest addition to her video library (Beautiful) for the worst video of 2002. The song isnt half bad, but the video just doesnt do it for me.

I really cant come up with a nomination for Video of the Year.

HotThang 12-27-02 04:34 PM

Are these the worst videos for songs/artists that you actually liked or worst videos for songs/artists that you don't like so wouldn't like the video, anyway?

I like Avril and the Sk8er Boy song but didn't care for the video at all.

just curious...

:-)

Rypro 525 12-27-02 09:20 PM

my choices are for video not song (like that enrique song, i f'n hate that song but i love the video for anna and anna only)

fallow 12-27-02 11:34 PM

Originally posted by Daytripper
Oh come on, come on (sorry, couldn't resist). It's the worst because of THAT!? Sure it's not the best. But there are far worse videos than "Soak Up The Sun".
Sins like that deserve recognition. ;)

Besides, that video just made me very bitter that I live in a dirty industrial city. No sun and surfing here.

the aftermath 12-27-02 11:46 PM

Without a doubt, the <b><font color="green">best</font></b> video this year was...

<b><font color="green">Scarface - My Block</font></b>

The <font color="red"><b>worst</b></font> video which had absolutely no relevance to it's lyrics was without a doubt

<font color="red"><b>Shania Twain's - Getcha good</b></font color="red">

Or whatever the hell it's called.

Rypro 525 12-28-02 09:39 PM

i have lost all respect for mtv with their countdown show for this year.the hives cant believe i told you so video was like 38 but britney spears and that awfull "overprotected" video is 31, come on???
btw
1. was eminem with without me :thumbsup:
2. was avril lavgne with complicated :thumbsup: (hey i like that one, and so does the guy from new found glory as he proclaimed it as the best of the year)
3. was nelly with "hot in herre" thumbsdown:

Rypro 525 12-30-02 06:54 PM

also, sadly, ive grown to like the dirrty video even though i freakin hate that song, mtv ranks it 13 in their countdown show. well the perverts in some of us like it.

Da Thrilla 12-30-02 07:00 PM

Dave Matthews - Everyday :lol: