DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   that gap song, is it a regular song or just a commercial song (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/258553-gap-song-regular-song-just-commercial-song.html)

Rypro 525 12-19-02 08:12 AM

that gap song, is it a regular song or just a commercial song

yes i know many of you probably hate it by now but here is a part
"people all over the world, join hands, start a love thing, let it rise"

Pointyskull 12-19-02 08:23 AM

Argh, I feel old

It's a remake of the O'Jays "Love Train" - circa early 1970s

I'll return to my wheelchair now....

Groucho 12-19-02 08:26 AM

:jawdrop: Guess I'm old too, since I'm shocked the question is even being asked.

Rypro 525 12-19-02 08:28 AM

well i dont listen to the oldies station (or the motown station) and i know i had heard that song before but didnt know who it was. thanks for the quick replies and sorry for making some of you for feeling old.

GuessWho 12-19-02 08:47 AM

Is Brynn from the Real World Las Vegas in that?

If not, the girl I'm thinking of in the commercial looks pretty damn_close

Rogue588 12-19-02 10:25 AM

Hate?

Hate is not a strong enough adjective to describe it.

ChrisKnudsen 12-22-02 01:33 AM

I make sure everyone gets really quiet during the commerical then that black guy goes "woow!!" or whatever I do an awesome impresoniation and then I get a dollar.

drseuss 12-22-02 03:37 PM

All I know is the short haired red head girl is hot...

retihsuhnt 12-23-02 12:43 PM

"Is Brynn from the Real World Las Vegas in that? If not, the girl I'm thinking of in the commercial looks pretty damn_close."

I would have to go with "pretty damn close", because I believe that lady you are speaking of is formerly of "Boston Public." I could be way off base, but I do think that one of the singers played the role of Office Assistant in "Boston Public" up until this most recent season. Just my two (2) cents.

Snowmaker 12-23-02 10:18 PM

Originally posted by drseuss
All I know is the short haired red head girl is hot...
:yack:

tofu 12-24-02 01:37 AM

Originally posted by retihsuhnt
"Is Brynn from the Real World Las Vegas in that? If not, the girl I'm thinking of in the commercial looks pretty damn_close."

I would have to go with "pretty damn close", because I believe that lady you are speaking of is formerly of "Boston Public." I could be way off base, but I do think that one of the singers played the role of Office Assistant in "Boston Public" up until this most recent season. Just my two (2) cents.

Yup, that's her. Also happens to be Quincy Jones' kid.

swamptours 12-24-02 02:43 PM

Don't judge the song by the idiotic version in the commercial. The original version by The O'Jays is fantastic.

Rogue588 12-24-02 07:02 PM

Originally posted by swamptours
Don't judge the song by the idiotic version in the commercial. The original version by The O'Jays is fantastic.
:thumbsup: Definitely.

The Antipodean 12-25-02 06:06 PM

Rypro's the same poster who didn't know the guy who sang the "Married With Children" theme song... (Some cat named Sinatra) Yep, I feel old :rolleyes: