Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New release Dashboard Confessional MTV Unplugged V2.0

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-18-02, 06:31 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay.. So I like Dashboard Confessional and picked up their MTV Unplugged CD with Bonus DVD.

I am not sure if this was broadcast on MTV.. If it was, I missed it.

Anyways, so I was really looking forward to listening to it.. I purchased it and popped it in my cars cd player.

It has the typical live feeling to it.. Audience clapping, singing along and such.

However, for at least the first half of the cd, it seems as the majority of the singing you hear is the damn_audience and not the Dashboard Confessional singer.

For the most part, the audience is on time.. but there is the occasional loud person(s) that are slow and you can clearly hear them after everyone else is silent after singing a few lines.

I'm just glad that I paid for a cd to hear an audience sing and not the actual band.

Though, to be fair, I have only listened to half of it.. I have to finish listening to it and then check out the dvd.
Pretty nice sounding on the dvd I would imagine.. It says its recorded in 5.1
Old 12-19-02, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I bought this on a whim and have to agree with your views of the crowd singing along. Oh, well.

At least the DVD contains the full performance (almost an hour), unlike a lot of "bonus DVDs" that only have a video or two tacked on.
Old 12-19-02, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it was on MTV2, but i could really care less.....They always sound unplugged to me.

Go Hug a Tree
Old 12-19-02, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to see this show earlier in the year on MTV2. I was semi-excited to hear of an eventual CD and DVD release, until I remembered everyone singing along.

If you think listening to them sing along is bad, you ought to actually see some of them.

Reminds me of the time I saw Bush when my whole section of southerners whipped out their British accent to sing along. Geez!