Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Did band/musicians changes their concert schedule?

Old 12-13-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did band/musicians changes their concert schedule?

I'm on a debate with someone about band schedule. I said that when touring, most band/musicians have short intervals between one concert to another. But she said that I didn't know that for sure because the band/musicians might change the schedule.

Well, the point is, I know that tour schedule can be changed, but they didn't do that like flipping their hands. But she keep insisting that they still can change schedule easily. And she didn't believe me when I said that the tour have tight schedule. So... what do you think?
Old 12-13-02, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

after reading that my initial response is

are you talking about tour dates? tour times?

most of the time a band with come out with the tour schedule or at least a leg of the tour schedule at once, then tickets go on sale. bands dont really just change the schedule since it would effect thousands of people at each show. they might cancel a show and reschedule it, but they dont generally change anything unless its some sort of emergency. i've never been apart of or heard of any bands that have done that (just "changed" things).

i hope thats basically what youre asking. if its not then maybe reword your post cause it got me confused.
Old 12-13-02, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TaTTooD, thanks. Your reply answers one of my question. Sorry about the language as I'm just got off from that debate. Another question is that the intervals between one concert to another. How long usually it takes to perform in one city to next city?

Last edited by eedoon; 12-13-02 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-13-02, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eedoon
TaTTooD, thanks. Your reply answers one of my question. Sorry about the language as I'm just got off from that debate. Another question is that the intervals between one concert to another. How long usually it takes to perform in one city to next city?
Depends on the distance and mode of transport.

A rich band could theoretically play two gigs in one day (Say, Kansas City and St. Louis, or LA and San Diego).

Usually a show a day with a couple days off a week.
Old 12-13-02, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by TaTTooD
i've never been apart of or heard of any bands that have done that (just "changed" things).
AXL Rose comes to mind
Old 12-14-02, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by TeeSeeJay
Depends on the distance and mode of transport.

A rich band could theoretically play two gigs in one day (Say, Kansas City and St. Louis, or LA and San Diego).

Usually a show a day with a couple days off a week.
True...if it's a large money machine (Stones,Kiss, etc.) they usually set up camp in a major city as a HQ for shows in the area. Such as here in Chicago, a major band would stay in town for a few weeks and just fly out to the other cities in the Midwest area and come back that night. So in reality they could play every day if they wanted to but of course they do not.

If it's an arena band cancelations are usually due to illness or lack of ticket sales (excuse is illness) . It becomes very hard to reschedule another show because a lot of arenas are booked way in advance with other concerts, sporting events.