DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Anyone watch the Audioslave concert on MTV2? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/257271-anyone-watch-audioslave-concert-mtv2.html)

Applejack 12-12-02 08:21 PM

Anyone watch the Audioslave concert on MTV2?

Pretty good show IMHO.

It was from on top of the Ed Sullivan theater. I may have to check this CD out after all.

What do you all think?

Ergyu 12-12-02 10:10 PM

Damn this not being able to afford Cable tv. That was from the Letterman show. I guess they played like 6 songs total, but only Cochise was on Letterman.

adumbc 12-13-02 02:16 AM

I only caught the end of it. Definitely check out the CD if you haven't heard it. I've been listening to it for about a week now. It's hard to think of it as a new band since you want to associate the voice with Soundgarden and the instruments as undeniably Rage. But no matter what, it's good music.

Lateralus 12-13-02 06:29 AM

Arggghhhh how did I miss this??? :mad: Let me tell you what Audioslave's album is one of the best darn albums I've heard in a long time. If you don't have the album yet I suggest you pick it up. :up:

Josh H 12-13-02 10:10 AM

It's going to be reaired a couple of times on MTV and MTV2, I got an e-mail about it, but don't remember the times.

MJKTool 12-13-02 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Lateralus
Arggghhhh how did I miss this??? :mad: Let me tell you what Audioslave's album is one of the best darn albums I've heard in a long time. If you don't have the album yet I suggest you pick it up. :up:
I agree man, I've been listening to this album non stop since I got it. I absolutely LOVE "Like A Stone". Awesome Awesome album. :up::up:

Just checked the MTV2 website, here are the times it lists:

Mon 12/16 - 12:00 AM

Sat 12/21 - 1:30 AM

kornhead 12-13-02 04:16 PM

An MTV special on AUDIOSLAVE — featuring footage from the group's first-ever live performance from the "Late Show with David Letterman" marquee, plus documentary interviews and footage from their syndicated radio event — is scheduled to air at the following times:
MTV2:
Saturday, Dec. 14 at 1:00 a.m. EST/10:00 p.m. PST)
Tuesday, Dec. 17 at 1:00 a.m. EST/10:00 p.m. PST)
Thursday, Dec. 19 at 3:00 a.m. EST/midnight PST)

MTV:
Monday, Dec. 16 at 12:00 a.m. (MTV premiere)
Saturday, Dec. 22 at 1:30 a.m.

mkdevo 12-13-02 09:16 PM

tivo set! thanks folks! never woulda known about this otherwise!

MJKTool 12-16-02 03:52 PM

Anyone catch this? It was a pretty cool half hour of music mixed with some interviews with Audioslave. I'm really REALLY starting to dig this album, I've been playing it non stop for about a week now. :up::up:

mkdevo 12-19-02 10:04 AM

haven't had a chance to watch audioslave live yet, it's sitting on my tivo though...

but i've been listening to the album at least once a day for about a week and it gets better every time...

gross@iastate 12-19-02 05:04 PM

I've listened to this album once or twice a day since it's release. Check out their website. If you put your CD in your drive you can listen to a new track called "Give".

Best rock album to come out in years.

I'm finally getting cable tomorrow so I can check out the Saturday show.

The Maniac 12-24-02 01:41 PM

i agree, this beats any of those crappy mtv bands..Im glad Cornell is back! Soundgarden was awesome, and this kind of reminds me of Soundgarden.

MJKTool 12-24-02 01:45 PM

Yeah Audioslave has made me really get back into Soundgarden. Those two bands are all I have been listening to for the past few weeks.