Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN Threatens To Kill Airline Passenger ...ON TAPE!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-09-02, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

From Blabbermouth.com

This is HIGH COMEDY!...All I could think was GOLDMEMBER

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN Threatens To Kill Airline Passenger - Dec. 9, 2002

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN threatened to kill a fellow passenger on a flight to Tokyo, Japan after the woman poured a glassful of water on the guitarist.

The passenger, who had no prior contact with Yngwie, allegedly overheard Malmsteen making derogatory comments about homosexuals and decided to show her disapproval by emptying the contents of her glass on the hefty axeman.

A member of Yngwie's touring entourage, who was traveling with Malmsteen at the time, had a tape recorder running and managed to catch Yngwie's reaction on tape immediately after the guitarist was "assaulted" by the offended passenger.

To download an MP3 file containing Yngwie's response to the "water attack", including his now-legendary phrase "You've unleashed the "effing" fury," MATURE due to his anger of course...click here (file size: 1.7 MB).
Old 12-09-02, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satch could totally kick his ass! Even if Yngwie "released the fury".
Old 12-09-02, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
He's a technically brilliant guitarist, but the boy ain't got no soul. And he would wrap his guitar work around some of the lamest pop-metal crap imaginable -- sort of a hybrid between Iron Maiden and Cinderella.

And I find it humoruous that a man named Yngwie would make "derogatory comments about homosexuals."

Downloading the file now. I excpect it to make it to one of my crap-metal mix CDs.
Old 12-09-02, 10:13 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
never heard of him but it was worth the listen...
Old 12-09-02, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 12-09-02, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was actually thinking about whatever happened to him the other day.
Old 12-09-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What cracks me up is that he seems to have been flying first class.

Which is funny because:

1) He can afford it?

2) Seems to be "no class" from that little tantrum
Old 12-10-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
One of my old roommates saw him a few times in college and still has a t-shirt that says: ON THE FRONT: "Yngwie Who? ON THE BACK: "Yngwie F****** Malmsteen"
Old 12-10-02, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

oh no! Not the fury of Yngwie!!!!!
The guy has a phenominal talent, but by every account I've ever heard is a complete a-hole.
This proves that.
Old 12-10-02, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
What cracks me up is that he seems to have been flying first class.

Which is funny because:

1) He can afford it?
While he hasn't had a record that sold decently in the states since 1992, he's still wildly popular all over the world... particularly in Japan. His albums routinely open there at #1. He isn't hurting for money at all.
Old 12-10-02, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His tantrum was a bit much, but the woman poured water on him.

I would have bitched at her a few times too. It's not like you can just get off the plane and go change your clothes. Who knows how long this flight was.

Last edited by Mazinger; 12-10-02 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-10-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Mazinger
I would have bitched at her a few times too. It's not like you can just get off the plane and go change your clothes. Who knows how long this flight was.
It was too Japan... not normally a quick flight heh

Mordred
Old 12-10-02, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally posted by Mordred
While he hasn't had a record that sold decently in the states since 1992, he's still wildly popular all over the world... particularly in Japan. His albums routinely open there at #1. He isn't hurting for money at all.
he Unleashes the Fury on japanese album charts
Old 12-10-02, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Did he say something about Theo Fleury?
Old 12-11-02, 12:39 PM

First off it's freakin water. So unless your the wicked witch of the west big deal. Not like it was some scorchin hot coffee. I guess that just goes to show you should watch what you say when dozens of people can hear every word that comes out of your mouth. What a punk, you can just hear it in his voice.

modiman.
Old 12-11-02, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by modiman
First off it's freakin water.
So? I don't he was pissed becuase he got water on him. If someone ever dumped water on me intentionally, I don't think I'd sit back and say "oh my, I seem to have a bit of water on me"

These idiots (meaning the woman) who feel they're actions are justifyable oughta take a good look at who they are before condemning someone else.

p.s. I also don't think Yngwie's been the same since his near-death experience
Old 12-12-02, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by DarthMarklar
These idiots (meaning the woman) who feel they're actions are justifyable oughta take a good look at who they are before condemning someone else.
Exactly! But it's ok for some egotistical @sshole who thinks the world owes him a favor to do it? Was his action justifiable? Or is he exempt from this because he's a rock star? I don't think so. But that's just my opinion.

For the record I'd probably be pissed if someone dumped water on me too. But then again I don't go around disrespecting people. That's the point I'm trying to make. He should have thought before he spoke. Especially when a few dozen people can hear what you say. Just my 2 cents.

modiman.
Old 12-12-02, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Exactly! But it's ok for some egotistical @sshole who thinks the world owes him a favor to do it? Was his action justifiable? Or is he exempt from this because he's a rock star? I don't think so. But that's just my opinion.

For the record I'd probably be pissed if someone dumped water on me too. But then again I don't go around disrespecting people. That's the point I'm trying to make. He should have thought before he spoke. Especially when a few dozen people can hear what you say. Just my 2 cents.

modiman.
Do you know exactly what he said?
Old 12-12-02, 08:47 AM

Oh yeah, I wouldn't say he's innocent, but the woman should have handled the situation better by possibly asking him to keep his comments to himself.

I wish people would handle situations in a more civilized manner than feeling the need to prove a point through some sort of physicallity. Expressing her anger by 'phyical actions' is just asking for anger in return. Now if he physically did something to her in return, I'd feel different, but his deffense were just words.
Old 12-12-02, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think you guys are missing the point.

"She wants a war, we'll give her a war!"
Old 12-12-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

More info from the original site. Makes a little more sense because Yngwie seems to have mellowed in recent years. Hopefully he's beyond childish behaviour like this now. Now if only he could lose the weight....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...net/index.aspx

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN's 'Unleash The ******' Fury': The Early Years - Dec. 12, 2002

The hilarious recording of Swedish axe hero YNGWIE MALMSTEEN venting his rage at a fellow airline passenger after the woman poured a glassful of water on the guitarist (as exclusively brought to you by BLABBERMOUTH.NET) is reportedly at least a decade old, recorded in the days when vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE) was in Yngwie's lineup. The voices of drummer Anders Johansson (HAMMERFALL) and bassist Barry Dunaway can both be heard on the tape, which is believed to have been made by Dunaway during his tenure in Malmsteen's touring band in the late '80s.

Although several theories have been put forth with regards to the timing of the tape's release, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that MALMSTEEN's camp was most certainly not involved in leaking the recording, which arguably captures the notoriously difficult guitarist at his hysterical worst (or best, depending on your point of view).

Since the tape was first posted here on Monday, a phrase utilized by Yngwie on the recording — "You've Unleashed The ******' Fury" — has taken on a life of its own, with many music fans voicing the opinion that it should rightfully take its place as the title of Malmsteen's next solo CD. With that in mind, we wish to present to you an artist's rendition of what the cover art of said album may look like (as sent to us by Nick Baldrian). Check it out at this location.
Old 12-12-02, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Mazinger
Do you know exactly what he said?
No I don't! But do you? Do you honestly think some bystander is going to dump water on someone for no reason at all? But, I'm not says what she did was a proper way to handle the situation. Because it wasn't.

Hey I've been in her shoes before (if the alligations are correct). I had to listen to this group of biggets talking trash about jews day after day. My step brother is jewish and he's one of the finest people I know. So I finally made a stand because I got sick of it. I most likely would have gotten my @ss kicked by three ignorant sobs but after I gave them a peice of my mind they politely appoligized. Thank god!

Listen to the mp3 and it's pretty obvious that this guy has got a chip on his shoulder. I will agree. The end doesn't justfy the means. But if you talk trash sooner or later someone is bound to do something about it. I'm not in any way condoning what the woman did. Because she should have been more civil. But if I offended someone by something I said I wouldn't throw a tantrum and threaten someones life even if I wasn't serious about it. Especially on a plane. They're a bit jumpy these days with good reason. I'm not going to get into a cat fight over somebody whom I could care less about. I'm in no way trying to disrepect Yngwie either. The guy is an amazing guitarist. But when your in the public eye you have to handle yourself abit differently then the general public. Because people look up to you and judge your actions abit harsher then the average indivdual. Take the Winona Rider's case as an example. If that were any normal person no one whould give a rip and you would never have heard about it. But since she's well known it makes front page news. I know the situations are quite different, but the idea is one in the same. The only point I have been trying to make is people in general should be more respectful towards one another. But that will never happen. Unfortunatly.

modiman.
Old 12-12-02, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No I don't. She still had NO reason to dump water on the guy though. She wasn't even part of his conversation.

From your first few posts it seemed like you were condoning what the woman did.
Old 12-12-02, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You know, I actually have some Yngwie albums.

I have his first two on cassette, and his third, "Trilogy," on vinyl. It's the one that has him fighting a dragon with his guitar.

Seriously, how can you not own this?

Old 12-13-02, 07:13 AM

Now I have to dig out my Yngwie tapes. Haven't heard his name in years! Even back then not many people knew his name!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.