Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Billy Corgan's new band, ZWAN's new single "Honestly"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/34b04...Inc39Ay_bDnrLJ

It premiered on the radio station Q101 tonight, it's the band's first radio single to promote their album which should come out early 2003 !

Play it till you go dumb.
Old 11-22-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After listening to the song a few times, I have to say that I personally do not care much for the song at all. Nice guitar solo near the end, but it's just way too pop and generic for my taste. I'm not expecting another classic like 1979 or Mayonaise, but it could at least have been more interesting.
Old 11-22-02, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's hoping that Mr. Corgan is interested in making music and not "proving something."
Old 11-22-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This single is pretty poppy, but I think that it is required to help separate ZWAN from The Smashing Pumpkins. If you go to www.zwanmusic.net or www.poetsofzwan.com you can download a couple of their live shows and you can definitely feel two things: 1) This is a band effort, not just a Corgan effort, like SP became near the end. 2) Corgan is genuinely happy to be free of the constraints of SP, and be able to mix it up.

I have been playing this MP3 a bunch of times to day, and I feel that it is in the vein as the Pumpkin's final single "Untitled". Mark my words, ZWAN may not sell a bajillion albums in 2003, but will come out with something sincere and aurally pleasing.
Old 11-22-02, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've listened to a lot of live Zwan stuff already. Heck, I know personally some of the people who recorded them! (met them when I went to see the Pumpkins' final concert in Chicago). But truthfully, nothing really grabs me about the music. I will still buy the album when it comes out (heck, I bought James Iha's solo album!), but I can't say I have much expectations.
Old 11-23-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't David Pajo in that band?
Old 11-23-02, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yes David Pajo is in the band. I saw zwan play a few times last summer. They did a semi-mini tour. Caught then 3 times in Chicago, 2 times at the metro and once at the World.

I'm a diehard pumpkins fan, and I gotta admit, I don't like zwan much at all.

I'll try to support them, cause I really love corgan and jimmy's work. So I'll hold off until an official disc release before I really make a judgement call.

Their 2 shows at the metro were much cooler than the world, where it seemed they were playing the music they thought would attract the popular audience.