DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Shakira's unplugged DVD [review request] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/246975-shakiras-unplugged-dvd-%5Breview-request%5D.html)

Rypro 525 10-28-02 05:01 PM

hows the unplugged dvd?

Precious 10-29-02 03:10 AM

I like "underneath your clothes" and it's enough to get me to listen to more of her stuff before passing judgement. As for her figure, I'd trade anyday.

Ralph Wiggum 10-29-02 04:10 AM

Deleted post since thread is now about her DVD.

Rypro 525 10-29-02 03:50 PM

the reason that i brought back this thread was to ask how the unplugged dvd/cd is. im not trying to continue the bashing of what imo is a true tallent

Gdrlv 10-29-02 03:57 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
the reason that i brought back this thread was to ask how the unplugged dvd/cd is. im not trying to continue the bashing of what imo is a true tallent
Well, the thread title is "Shakira Sucks", so it really doesn't seem too surprising that that's what people are responding to. Perhaps a new thread for your question would be better?

I don't hate the woman, and she can go on recording music as long as she wants. If people continue to buy it, well, that's their problem. To be fair, I haven't heard any of her older stuff, but her new stuff sounds like Pink to me...and that is by no means a compliment. I can't remember what Aerosmith song I heard her perform ("Dude Looks Like a Lady," perhaps?), but it was beyond bad...her voice was just awful.

benedict 10-29-02 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Gdrlv
Perhaps a new thread for your question would be better?
:up: My thoughts exactly!

Rypro 525 10-29-02 05:40 PM

question, the people at amazon say that there is an english subtitle option, now does this translate the lyrics into english or is it just for us to read what she is actually saying.

Rypro 525 10-30-02 03:11 PM

anyone know any review sites or have the dvd itself. im also wondering if it would be better to get one of the spanish cds first or get this dvd?

retihsuhnt 10-30-02 03:49 PM

Shakira's "MTV Unplugged" is the best of her prior three (3) albums. A majority of the Unplugged set originates from her second album "Donde Estan Los Ladrones". This (MTV Unplugged) is the album that brought her US attention and from someone who owns all four (4) of her albums, this probably is the best of her work.

One could only hope that MTV would release her performance via tape or DVD so that those in (Region 1) can enjoy the visuals along with the sounds.

JAA 10-30-02 04:32 PM

I can't remember what Aerosmith song I heard her perform ("Dude Looks Like a Lady," perhaps?), but it was beyond bad...her voice was just awful.
I saw that performance on the Aerosmith tribute. I actually liked it!

GuessWho 10-30-02 05:06 PM

Originally posted by JAA
I saw that performance on the Aerosmith tribute. I actually liked it!
Me too, especially the "do me, do me, do me" part -other-

gerrythedon 10-31-02 02:32 AM

I got the UNPLUGGED DVD...It's REALLY AWESOME...GREAT SOUND and EXCELLENT picture...The SUBTITLES translate the SONGS to ENGLISH (words)...