Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Shania Twain Single/vid

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-24-02, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw the video for Shania Twain's new single, I'm Gonna Getcha Good", and don't really understand why it was what it was. How does being chased by a giant robot relate to the song? I also thought the song itself sounded very similar to ones on her last CD. It will be interesting to see if there's any regular country on her CD when it comes out...
Old 10-24-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
When does this CD come out? The song has some of the worst lyrics I have ever heard. Definitely a step down from The Woman in Me.

In terms of the video, I have no earthly idea what it means or why she winds up in a place with a bunch of Star Wars battledroid knock offs.
Old 10-24-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I had the exact same reaction to this video when I first saw it a few days ago. The video is a complete mess and the song seems only ok (I have a feeling it may play better without the distraction of the video). The only good thing I can say is she looks good in that outfit- of course I've also seen her looking much better in other vids.

Anyway, to further drive home a point- this morning I was flipping channels and CMT had the new video on, while VH1Country had her "If You're Not In It For Love (I'm Outta Here)" video on at the same time. I stopped and watched her old video even though I've got that one on DVD to view anytime.
Old 10-24-02, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who cares about the video as long as she looks her damn good self in it.

The only thing about Shania I don't like: Her accent when she speaks. I get a valley girl feel from it, and she is from Canada. I can't stand it. She should just sing what she is trying to say. Don't speak...sing.

I like the song and think it is great. The lyrics aren't that bad. Far better than some out today.

The cd comes out November 19th. I will be picking it up.
Old 10-25-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My GF didn't quite understand the lyrics so I explained it to her. But the video is anyone's guess.
Old 10-25-02, 12:29 PM

The only connection I can make is that the Robot is chasing her, trying to get her, goes along with the title "I'm Gonna Getcha Good".

Who cares, it's SHANIA TWAIN!!!!!!!!! New album, new videos, new tour!!! My opinion, it's pretty cool for a country video with the special effects but there are three versions of this video:
1. The Country Version - Mostly close-ups of Shania and not too many full body shots.
2. The Pop Version - Definitely more full body shots and Shania dancing around. The music has more of a rock sound to it.
3. The Country-Pop Version - The Pop visuals with the "country" music. This is now playing on CMT. I saw it last night and thought it looked different than what they had been playing. I like this one better because more Shania in that tight suit and there are a couple different close-ups that she gives some hot looks to the camera.

It's been rumored/partly confirmed (latest Rolling Stone Mag) that when her new album is out it will come with a DVD, hopefully containing the first two versions of the video. I think she looks absolutely amazing, so who cares if the video relates to the lyrics, we can leave that to other artists!!
Old 10-25-02, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Boy, does she ever look great (Faith Who?). And she doesn't even show skin (my only complaint), but that outfit..wow!

But, although it's catchy and fun, the song is really disappointing. Not only does it sound like her last album, but it actually sounds like many of the songs just pieced together into a new one.

I look forward to hearing and seeing more, though.
Old 10-26-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's no dening that she is HOT, but the song is hard to fall for, unlike her previous recordings.
Old 10-26-02, 02:00 AM

Actually, I really like the song. It is reminiscent of her last album, but since that album is actually one of my favorite albums of all time, that's okay by me. Looks aside, I just love her. She's my girl, donchaknow.

Old 10-26-02, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Who can tell that it`s a country song????

why does CMT play it????

that`s no country song????

is it-

Sam Sam i Am,

Green Eggs And Ham......
Old 10-28-02, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is she still crackwhore thin? I thought she was kinda hot when she looked like a real woman but lost interest when she got all boney for her big tour.

das
Old 10-29-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Up! will be two cd's. One a Country version and the other a Pop version of the same songs. Heard that on the radio this morning.
Old 10-29-02, 11:33 PM

Sold separately or packaged together?
Old 10-30-02, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm going with the country version.
Old 10-30-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Scorpio
Sold separately or packaged together?
Packaged together. Not sure on price.
Old 11-01-02, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A station here just kept referring to it as "two for one" cd. Couldn't get through to ask about the price.