Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

questions about "the wall" cd and dvd

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-02-02, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in "another brick in the wall part 2" what is that beeping at the end supposed to represent. and also is the movie like a long music video for the album or is this an actual movie just with the sites of the music in the movie (like on track 4 on disc 1, that hellicopter sound is an actual helicopter landing in the movie)

i hope this makes sense/
Old 10-02-02, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Hmm, not exactly sure what you're asking but I can say that the movie is a Rock Opera. Its telling a story through rock music. And that rock music is Pink Floyd. And its from The Wall.
Old 10-03-02, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't seen this in ages but doesn't it have something to do with the telephone in his room?(or am I in the wrong part of the movie?)
Old 10-03-02, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's a phone ringing. Phones in England ring twice...kind of a "beep beep...........................beep beep...."

The movie is basically an extended video. The scenes don't necessarily flow from one to the next, but they definitely follow the story in the music. I can't remember off hand whether the helicopter was actually landing or if he was watching one land on TV, but there's definitely a helicopter in the video sequence.
Old 10-03-02, 09:17 AM

The movie, album and concert shows were related only in terms of the music, and story (of pink). The movie is NOT a "music video" for the album (as you can see from the changed songs like Empty spaces), and the stage show, while more closely following the movie, still had a lot of differences. Each one should be (IMO and many other fan's) considered a separate piece of art, as they all have nuances that make them special in their own way. And once you add the (sad, very sad) Wall in Berlin show (starring, among others, Roger Waters, Cindy Lauper) you have 4 different versions of the wall, all worth having (well maybe not the Berlin one )
Old 10-03-02, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

is the dvd worth the 32.99 (dont live near a best buy or cc.)
Old 10-08-02, 12:47 PM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Absolutely worth owning the DVD, even if not a huge Floyd fan. Well done.
Old 10-08-02, 01:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
The Dolby Digital 5.1 soundmix on the DVD is utterly amazing.

Somewhat related, will we ever see a 5.1 CD/DVD-Audio/SACD of "Darkside of the Moon" or is this in limbo hell (and why?)
Old 02-22-03, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I watched this last night and can confirm a few things. The helecopter on the cd is actually a big train coming in the movie. And the telephone beeping is in the movie.
Two questions, is there a reason "Hey You" is not in the movie, and can I get the soundtrack of the movie version on cd.
And also, how is "Is anybody out there:the wall live" on cd?

Last edited by Rypro 525; 02-22-03 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-22-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Giles
The Dolby Digital 5.1 soundmix on the DVD is utterly amazing.

Somewhat related, will we ever see a 5.1 CD/DVD-Audio/SACD of "Darkside of the Moon" or is this in limbo hell (and why?)
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=273184

Originally posted by Rypro 525
I watched this last night and can confirm a few things. The helecopter on the cd is actually a big train coming in the movie. And the telephone beeping is in the movie.
Two questions, is there a reason "Hey You" is not in the movie, and can I get the soundtrack of the movie version on cd.
And also, how is "Is anybody out there:the wall live" on cd?
Hey You was filmed for the movie, but ended up on the cutting room floor. If you want to watch the sequence albeit in poor quality it is on The Wall DVD. I think it was cut for time reasons, the movie runs fairly long and starts to lose focus after awhile.

The soundtrack to the movie appears on eBay occasionally, but I think it is a bootleg. I personally do not like how "In The Flesh" and others sound recorded with Bob Geldof's voice.
Old 02-23-03, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was in 7th grade when The Wall came out. I remember listening to it (on 8 track, I believe), laying in my bed listening to it and thinking that this was the strangest music I had ever heard, but it was so nice.

As for the movie, it is one f****d up movie. I watched it twice and couldn't understand it (I was in high school by this time), then I watched it when I was drunk, and it all made sense. I wouldn't pay $30 to buy the DVD, though I would pay $1 to rent it on VHS (even if it's pan and scan).
Old 02-23-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea I was thinking it was a phone