DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The Phish Lottery: NYE at MSG (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/237087-phish-lottery-nye-msg.html)

Bust 09-16-02 10:51 AM

The Phish Lottery: NYE at MSG

Well, the drawing has officially been held. I know quite a few people who signed up for tix and I'm the only one I know that got them.

Anyone else?

grunter 09-16-02 01:53 PM

Bust: how'd you find out? I haven't heard "yeah" or "neah" yet.

No emails. Nothing.

Bust 09-16-02 03:13 PM

Originally posted by grunter
Bust: how'd you find out? I haven't heard "yeah" or "neah" yet.

No emails. Nothing.

I got this:

Congratulations! You have just purchased the following tickets for the Phish
shows

Dec 31 2002 Madison Square Garden New York, NY (2 x $49.50 = $99.00)

Section - 336/Row - H/Seat - 11
Section - 336/Row - H/Seat - 12

Total Cost of Ticketing $99.00
Shipping Fee $8.00
Convenience Fee $9.00

Order Total $116.00

in my email on Saturday.

grunter 09-16-02 03:33 PM

Incidentally, what did the subject line of the email say? I'm just hoping I didn't accidentally erase the email.

Icculus 09-16-02 04:02 PM

I haven't heard anything either :(. I'm really not looking forward to calling Ticketmaster on Saturday....

Bust 09-16-02 04:37 PM

Incidentally, what did the subject line of the email say? I'm just hoping I didn't accidentally erase the email.
[email protected] Phish Ticket Request Sat 09/14 2k

Gdrlv 09-16-02 11:57 PM

No luck here... I talked to a bunch of friends and none of them got tickets either.

grunter 09-17-02 11:01 AM

I still haven't heard.

You think maybe I should call the hotline number and take my lumps?

:(

grunter 09-17-02 03:19 PM

Still no word. It's completely hopeless at this point, isn't it?

larryw 09-17-02 04:38 PM

I still haven't heard.

You think maybe I should call the hotline number and take my lumps?

I would say call them, they were supposed to let everyone know by the 16th I believe. Maybe you'll get lucky.

cdollaz 09-18-02 08:37 AM

Damn, I with I would have known of this. Those are going for big $ on eBay.

Gdrlv 09-18-02 11:00 AM

Originally posted by cdollaz
Damn, I with I would have known of this. Those are going for big $ on eBay.
Well, damn, man. Sorry you couldn't get any tickets and have the opportunity to price-gouge some Phish fans desperate for 'em since too many people like you bought tickets for profit rather than to see the shows. Hope you can get over it...

grunter 09-18-02 11:12 AM

Well, I called around 7 p.m. last night and - wouldn't you know? - I got rejected. Apparently the odds were about 1 in 20 that you'd have your orders filled.

I'll most likely make a half-hearted effort to get tix through TicketBastard, but I'm not holding my breath or anything. I sincerely hope that someone has the foresight to film this reunion New Year's Eve show for a later DVD release.

Oh, and as for the high priced tix on ebay. Just FYI - there's a large contingent of rec.music.phish people that are falsely inflating the bids to ensure that these scalpers don't get their money. I'd wager virtually none of those bids are real.

Icculus 09-18-02 11:22 AM

Originally posted by Gdrlv
Well, damn, man. Sorry you couldn't get any tickets and have the opportunity to price-gouge some Phish fans desperate for 'em since too many people like you bought tickets for profit rather than to see the shows. Hope you can get over it...
:thumbsup: Grunter's right, it's always been that way with Phish tickets. I'm pretty sure the high bidders will never pay. Even though it doesn't help increase the number of tickets for the actual fans it does help to know that people aren't getting rich off of tickets that could have been mine (or any of yours).

Well, I called around 7 p.m. last night and - wouldn't you know? - I got rejected. Apparently the odds were about 1 in 20 that you'd have your orders filled.
I got rejected too, this is the first time tbm hasn't come through for me :(. I'm going to try on Saturday but I'm not very hopeful -this really sucks, I haven't missed a NYE show since '94. Oh well, if I do happen to make it through to Ticketmaster I'll pick up four tickets and pass two along to either someone here or over on rmp (for face).

Gdrlv 09-18-02 11:49 AM

I'm going to my work retreat in Lake Tahoe this weekend and won't even be able to make a call to TicketMaster on Saturday. My only chances...some friends have some extras (doubtful) or I win Phish.com's contest for pre-ordering all 4 Halloween shows (even more doubtful). Looks like it'll be my third Phish-less NYE in a row. :(

cdollaz 09-18-02 12:25 PM

<B>Well, damn, man. Sorry you couldn't get any tickets and have the opportunity to price-gouge some Phish fans desperate for 'em since too many people like you bought tickets for profit rather than to see the shows. Hope you can get over it...</b>

Well, damn again, man. Sorry you couldn't understand a little sarcasm.

grunter 09-18-02 12:54 PM

Hey, um, guys. Another just FYI.

The TicketBastard site says that the onsale date for the NYE show is FRIDAY the 20th at 10:00a.m. EST.

Head on over and check it out for yourself.

Icculus 09-18-02 12:58 PM

Hey, um, guys. Another just FYI.

The TicketBastard site says that the onsale date for the NYE show is FRIDAY the 20th at 10:00a.m. EST.

Head on over and check it out for yourself.

Yeah, you're right, Hampton goes on sale the 21st. Thanks for pointing this out, I wouldn't have even thought to check.

From Phish.com:

Tickets go on sale to the public for the December 31 concert on Friday, September 20 at 10 am EST via www.ticketmaster.com or charge by phone by calling 212.307.7171 or 212.307.7200. Tickets for the January 2, 3 and 4 concerts go on sale to the public on Saturday, September 21 at 10 am EST via www.ticketmaster.com or charge by phone by calling 757.671.8100, 804.262.8100, 757.872.8100 or 540.343.8100. There will be no outlet sales offered for any of these shows. There is a TWO ticket limit for all shows.

So I guess I won't be picking up any extras either... They should really look into doing some sort of pay per view special for this, there's going to be a lot of people shut out this year.

Gdrlv 09-18-02 01:02 PM

Well, damn again, man. Sorry you couldn't understand a little sarcasm.
Sorry...could you please point out exactly where in your post that it indicates you're being sarcastic?

cdollaz 09-18-02 01:21 PM

Yep, I guess I should have put the little sarcastic smiley face thing on there but I don't know how to do those.

Gdrlv 09-18-02 03:24 PM

Yep, I guess I should have put the little sarcastic smiley face thing on there but I don't know how to do those.
Glad to know you were joking. When I first read your post, I thought that there was no way you could actually expect any of us to feel bad for you for not getting tix if you were planning on hawking 'em for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

I actually had the opportunity to buy tix for about $200 each through a ticket broker, but I'm not doing that...mostly out of principle. I'll pay $100...maybe a little more, but I'm not shelling out $200 or more no matter how badly I wanna see 'em. They better do a summer tour...hopefully maybe even a spring tour.

By the way... ; + ) = ;)

Bust 09-19-02 10:38 AM

Those ebay prices BETTER be BS. I'm a huge Phish fan, and I feel very lucky for getting the tix to NYE, but if I could turn a $1500.00 profit...

...choices...

Bust 09-20-02 07:06 AM

grunter...

Give us an update on the TicketMaster situation as soon as you can.

Icculus 09-20-02 08:50 AM

Well, the phone lines are already jammed - I'm getting the "all circuits are busy now" message :(. I'm going to try tm online and keep trying the phone but it's not looking to good.

Icculus 09-20-02 09:02 AM

WHAT??!?! Now I'm getting "The server is busy. Too many users requesting tickets." or something like that.... Shouldn't Ticketmaster know how to dael with these situations :mad:.