Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Your top 10 song's from the 60's

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-02, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your 10 favorite songs from the 60's?
Old 09-16-02, 09:05 PM

Slightly off-topic, but just figured I'd throw up the Billboard Top 10 Singles of the 60s, and see if they match up at all with my picks:

1.) Hey Jude-Beatles: Absolutely no question on this one.
2.) The Theme From "A Summer Place"-Percy Faith: Somehow an instrumental from a movie I've never seen doesn't exactly click with my interpretation of this decade's music.
3.) Tossin' and Turnin'-Bobby Lewis: Good song, representative of the early 60s, not one of my favorites.
4.) I Want To Hold Your Hand-Beatles: Right, like I'm going to say anything bad about the Beatles.
5.) I'm a Believer-Monkees: THIS is one of the top ten singles of the decade? Yes, it's a good song, but top ten, no.
6.) I Heard It Through The Grapevine-Marvin Gaye: Not one of my favorites, but a worthy choice.
7.) Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In-5th Dimension: Riiight.
8.) Are You Lonesome Tonight?-Elvis Presley: Not particularly representative of the 60s, IMO.
9.) In The Year 2525-Zager & Evans: This'd be like Macarena being one of the top ten of the 90s...quick check...forget I said that.
10.) It's Now or Never-Elvis Presley: Interesting, but again, Elvis always seemed more '50s to me.

Which proves that the most popular songs are not the most enduring songs. I don't know if I can narrow it to ten, but just off the top of my head:

Paint It Black-Rolling Stones
These Boots are Made For Walkin'-Nancy Sinatra
Baby Love-The Supremes
Incense and Peppermints-Strawberry Alarm Clock

and so, so many more...
Old 09-17-02, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
wow 2 days and 1 responce. The reason i ask is because i'm looking for song's to dload and i ran out of songs i knew. I was hoping for some other good songs to get.
Old 09-17-02, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1.heartbreaker
2hey jude
3,come together
4.yesterday
5.whole lotta love
6.the lemon song
7.ramble on
8.revolution
9.magic carpet ride