Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Rolling Stones song

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Rolling Stones song

Old 08-30-02, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Rolling Stones song

I was flipping through the radio in my car the other day. Heard "Tumbling Dice" on the radio and I was commenting to my wife about how incredible "Exile On Main Street" was (and is). There was a time I didn't want to hear any music that was on those classic rock stations, but it was pure joy hearing "Tumbling Dice" at that moment. Then another Stones song came on and I couldn't pinpoint when it was released. The song sounded pretty good for an old album cut that never got exposure. But the production was a little more updated sounding....

Anyway, it seems I was hearing the new single, "Don't Stop", finding the Stones in better territory than I had ever expected from what they released in the last 20 years. Maybe I need to hear it again to make a comment like that, but it sounded really tasty!

(edited to correct one misspelling thank you very much)

Last edited by atlantamoi; 08-30-02 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-30-02, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just downloaded the song. I was surprised that it is a very basic song (unlike more recent Stones tunes). Great guitar playing. Can't wait for 40 LICKS!
Old 08-30-02, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Click the pic to see a complete track listing for Forty Licks.