Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Brad fans on here?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Any Brad fans on here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-02, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts
Any Brad fans on here?

Somehow I had no idea that they'd released a new album two weeks back. I'm in Best Buy last night picking up the new Coldplay and just happened upon it. Interiors is one of my favorite albums from the late nineties. From what I've heard so far, the new one, Welcome to Discovery Park, lives up to any expectations I could've had. I guess I had just expected that this was a side project that had died and am pretty glad to see they're still making music. I searched around and found a Rolling Stone interview with Stone Gossard about the album. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://rollingstone.com/news/newsart...=16459&cf=2560

So I'm curious, any other Brad fans out there? If so, what do you think of the new one?
Old 08-28-02, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The same thing happened to me the other day, I just happened to stumble accross the fact that they had a new one out. I've been a big fan since the first album. I even saw them in concert on the tour for Interiors- GREAT SHOW!!!!! I plan on picking up the new CD very soon and will post my thoughts.
Old 08-28-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I stumbled across the disc about a week ago and picked it up immediately. Shame and Interiors are two of my favorite discs, and I'm liking Welcome to Discovery Park quite a bit as well. It's a shame it hasn't been publicized a little better. Actually, I like Brad much more than I like Pearl Jam nowadays.
Old 08-28-02, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved Shame, but didn't care for Interiors too much. I too stumbled across Discovery, but haven't really had a chance to give it a good listen though.
Old 04-07-19, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Any Brad fans on here?

sad to hear about Shawn Smith
such a great voice and "Shame" is such a great record

pretty crazy he died on the same date as Cobain and Staley
Old 04-07-19, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Re: Any Brad fans on here?

That's a shame to hear. I don't listen to a lot of Brad, but as a Pearl Jam fan I know of them and they get some play on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio which I listen to pretty often.