DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The Vines Late Show Performance (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/231015-vines-late-show-performance.html)

sebastianv50 08-20-02 07:26 PM

The Vines Late Show Performance

Did anyone happen to see this last night? The singer pretty much went crazy and screamed most of the lyrics and sounded horrible. At the end of the song he just started screaming basically and then knocked over the drums then threw his guitar at the rest of the standing drums almost hitting the drummer. Then he flipped over one of the chairs for interviews ran to the microphone the bass player was using and started screaming in it. After that he crawled on the ground for a second and got up and left leaving a feedback sound ringing in the background. It was something else to see on the Late Show. I know you can download a video of it somewhere on the web.

Rypro 525 08-20-02 07:30 PM

imagine how crazy they will be at the vmas this year

whotony 08-20-02 07:44 PM

you could try here...

www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/

Rypro 525 08-20-02 07:54 PM

man the guy was messed up there now thats the way to destroy your instramanets on stage

DVD Slut 08-20-02 09:36 PM

That was AWFUL, very unimpressive. I do have their Album and think its great, but live was terrible.

flair 08-20-02 10:56 PM

Hmmmm, sounds like he needs to perfect his screems. I bought this album thinking it might be decent, but its horrible. I figured "get free" was going to be one of there lighter songs, but the rest of the album sounds like a wierd mix of the beatles and something else that sucks.

LoggJAw 08-21-02 02:06 AM

The Vines Suck

Yancey 08-21-02 10:13 AM

He didn't go crazy. That couldn't have been any more phoney or premeditated.

Gdrlv 08-21-02 10:54 AM

Originally posted by LoggJAw
The Vines Suck
Yes, they do. "Highly Evolved" is the absolute stupidest album purchase I've made this year.

mdc3000 08-22-02 11:00 AM

i think the Vines album is great... but that performace had me dumbfounded... the rest of the band seemed annoyed, and i just couldn't believe the lead singer would blow such a big chance to get some new fans... i just thought, wow, he must be high as a mutherfuker... i will never ever see them live after seeing this... never...

MATT

B.A. 08-22-02 02:06 PM

Yeah, he was pretty lame, and the sad thing was that the bass player(with great back-up vocals-actually he was the only vocalist on stage) and the drummer were doing a good job of playing the single, but they had that idiot on stage who made them look like jackasses...you know you are bad, when Dave sits there and laughs at you and doesn't even get out of his seat...well, I was thinking about buying their album, until I saw that and read what you guys had to say...Screw the Vines, Bring on the Hives! just kidding, it would be nice to see Dave get Coldplay in the near future(which I am sure will probably happen, since they rocked the Sullivan theater last year), Doves would be nice too.

El Gray 08-22-02 05:57 PM

I also witnessed this plateful of suck...confirming my first impression of them from a music video I saw.