Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Yes Symphonic Live dvd

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Yes Symphonic Live dvd

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-02, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Symphonic Live dvd

WOW!! This is quite possibly the best quality concert dvd I have ever seen or heard. It is almost 2 and a half hours long, and you have the choice of viewing the concert with or without added computer animation. This can be done by selecting the angle button on your remote.

It has dolby surround, dolby digital and dts. The dts is by ar the best of the three. It might have a bit too much surround for some tastes, but that can easily be taken care of by adjusting your rear volumes.

It also has a second disc with a bonus video and interview, but I haven't had a chance to check that disc out yet.

2 hours plus of Yes performing with a symphony orchestra. It doesn't get any better than this. If you are, or ever were a fan of Yes, or if you just want a really nice concert dvd, buy this one.
Old 06-17-02, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have it ordered along with the new Pendragon live DVD (surprised that came out in the U.S.). I also have coming in the Region 0 "9012Live" DVD from Brazil. But I'm really looking forward to the "Symphonic Live" DVD. Sounds like they did a real good job on it.
Old 06-17-02, 03:03 PM

I got the Pendragon disc when it came out in the UK not knowing it was coming out in the US. Its good, but not great.

I also have the 9012Live disc. While it is slightly better than the laserdisc I had of it, I was not very impressed. The 5.1 surround is non-existent, and its the same content as the vhs or laserdisc. Supposedly Yes will be releasing that disc in the US with re-mixed audio and possibly additional footage.