DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Iron Maiden Rock in Rio DVD [R1 release held back to 8/20/02] [specs?] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/214085-iron-maiden-rock-rio-dvd-%5Br1-release-held-back-8-20-02%5D-%5Bspecs-%5D.html)

digtochina 06-09-02 05:24 PM

Iron Maiden Rock in Rio DVD set for release 06/10/02

Does anyone know if the new Iron Maiden DVD, Rock in Rio,
is Region 1 compatible. I am in Texas and want to make sure
it works in the US.

benedict 06-09-02 05:47 PM

From their website....

ROCK IN RIO DVD
The Double DVD and VHS is confirmed for release on Monday 10th June in PAL format.

However last minute production problems have forced delay of the NTSC version, resulting in the North American, South American, Australian and Japanese release being put back to 16th July. The delay is due to an audio problem during the concert footage which was detected once local plants had reached manufacturing and final test disks were sent for approval. The audio problem was enough to warrant the authoring of new masters which in turn has delayed the DVD pressing process.
The band regret the delay as they know it has been a long wait and hope that fans will understand that the subsequent technical delay and the decisions made were for the very best of quality reasons.

Giantrobo 06-10-02 07:17 PM

I'm glad they cared enough about crappy audio to redo the disk.

I don't mind waiting for this reason.

jagpanzer 06-11-02 10:42 AM

I wish they'd release the old 'Live at the Rainbow' on DVD. What a great concert video!

Mark

VHS? 07-07-02 08:41 PM

Iron Maiden ROCK IN RIO DVD Specs

Does anyone have any info on the specs for this?
I know the region2 is out,and even on that I cannot find anything.
I have looked on the Iron Maiden site,but they really don't list anything on specs.
I do know it has DTS and DD 5.1 tracks though.
But what about the region1?
Aspect ratio?
Sound specs? DTS? DD 5.1?

Maybe I just have to wait till July 16th to find out? :D

VHS? 07-07-02 09:24 PM

Iron Maiden ROCK IN RIO DVD Specs???

Maybe I should have specified better in the thread title that I would like to know what the specs are.
So I'll just add a few question marks to the thread title :D

benedict 07-08-02 01:48 PM

Slightly off-topic but, as well as Erik's excellent Metal Shop internet radio show, has anyone (with the Real Audio player) ever listened to the BBC Radio shows fronted by Bruce Dickinson?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/presenters/bruce_dickinson/

VHS? 07-15-02 04:02 PM

Well once again this DVD is being held back for a third time!
The new date is 8/20/02
This thing may never even get a release in the US!
Maybe I should just pick up the R2 :rolleyes:

B5Erik 07-16-02 02:11 AM

The Rock In Rio DVD WILL come out. It just takes some time to re-author/remaster a DVD (and you'll be glad that they did for the audio).

Another week or two won't be too bad. I was actually hearing (back when the CD came out) that the DVD wouldn't be out until September in the U.S. anyway, so if it comes out in August it's just a little bonus!

I saw this tour and it was fantastic. I can't wait for the DVD!

VHS? 07-25-02 02:26 AM

I found at Bestbuy,you can pre order the region 1 DVD for $14.99
It says a release of 7/30/02 but don't think they would change the price because of a later date.
Click HERE to view.

Also found over at the official Maiden site,you can get the R1 DVD for £19.99 Click Here although they have a picture of the region 2 DVD cover.

Mordred 07-25-02 06:05 PM

Important parts of the press release:

The Double DVD set contains their live concert performance filmed at the world famous Rock in Rio festival in 2001, in front of a sellout audience of 250,000 fans and a global TV audience of millions. The concert was filmed by Globo TV with 14 cameras, including 2 cranes and a helicopter, and a further 4 man camera team, which was directed by Dean Karr (who worked with the band when he directed the video for "The Wicker Man"). The monumental task of editing the 60 hours of footage was completed by founding band member and bassist Steve Harris.

Instead of using the existing TV broadcast, the show was completely re-edited by Steve Harris to create an explosive two-hour visual feast of the band's intensity on stage. The concert contains thousands of edits (more than the likes of most full length action movies such as Lord Of The Rings or Gladiator
!) in a relentless two hour stage performance.

The band's 18 song set covers tracks from their recent 'Brave New World' studio album through to the classic metal anthems including "The Number Of The Beast", "Fear Of The Dark", "2 Minutes to Midnight", and their UK Top Ten single "Run To The Hills".

The concert sound also had special treatment as it was mixed and produced by Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley (Black Crowes, Aerosmith, Journey), who produced Maiden's last studio album. Kevin, assisted by Steve Harris, crafted the live recording into Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. For fans of home cinema, a DTS (Digital Theatre Sound) track was also added so that when watching the live show, you feel like you are in the front row with the entire crowd behind you. This DVD is one of the very first to give the fans the potential to access both DTS and 5.1 sound.

Contained on the bonus disc is over an hour of in-depth interviews with band members about the show and their experience as one of the world's biggest live acts during their 25 year career. An exclusive photo diary, narrated by long time official photographer Ross Halfin, animated menus and other hidden extras complete the bonus disc. The Limited Edition double DVD is available in unique 'sensaround' packaging.
Should be good... I can't wait for it.

Goat3001 07-25-02 10:04 PM

Sounds like a great disc, a must-have for me :)