Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Is Danny Elfman from Spiderman/Batman the same Danny Elfman from Oingo Boingo?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Is Danny Elfman from Spiderman/Batman the same Danny Elfman from Oingo Boingo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chrisedge
I don't think that is the reason they re-recorded the songs. I remember a record label dispute and they needed to re-record them because they didn't have the rights to the recordings. They had song rights, just not the recordings I believe.
I know what you are refering to and there is some truth to it. But it should have been "live" in the traditional sense. It's normal for live performances to sound differant then the originals and it's fun to hear a band change up a song a little sometimes. But they just re-recorded all the songs so they could release a "Best of" with there new label without having to pay their old label to use the originals. I think Danny saw it as the perfect opprotunity to re-record the songs in studio to what he thought were "better" versions.

Don't get me wrong...I don't "hate" the Alive recordings...I just felt a little cheated. It should have been a true "Best of" with the original recordings or a true "Live" performance IMO.

Last edited by Grimm1; 03-11-03 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-11-03, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
What sucks the most is that the Farewell Live CD does not include "Just Another Day" and "Nothing to Fear" which are included on the Cassette version. They're great versions.

Then there's the new "Anthology" release. There are three live songs from that tour, but not these two songs. What a waste.
Old 03-11-03, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched the first half of the DVD last night...at first I was a little unhappy wondering "where is half the band"? I was glad to see they finally showed up 6 songs into the concert (whats up with that?). So far so good....but I have noticed that Goodbye Goodbye is not listed. Did they not perform it as their last song of the show as they used to or was it just not included?