Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Corp rock? Boy bands? No! Moonie Suzuki and The Hives!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-31-02, 03:32 AM
Banned

Just got back from seeing The Hives and Moonie Suzuki. The show was excellent! The Hives (your new favorite band) were funny, over the top and scorching. My only complaint is that they didn't play long enough.

Moonie Suzuki was amazing too. If you ever wanted to see The Who or The Kinks in the 60s then go out right now and see Moonie Suzuki. Think a GOOD version of The Strokes.
Old 05-31-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Mooney Suzuki suck. They are so awful. So much posturing. I have seen them WAY too many times here in NYC over the past couple of years.
Old 05-31-02, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Yancey
Mooney Suzuki suck. They are so awful. So much posturing. I have seen them WAY too many times here in NYC over the past couple of years.
Hahahahaha!

You sound like me back when the Dandy Warhols came out. I had to have seen them 50 times here in Portland before they hit. I hated them then and I hate them now.

I really like Moonie Suzuki though. I don't think they suck at all. That posing they do is just classic rock staging.
Old 05-31-02, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by Surf Monkey

Hahahahaha!

You sound like me back when the Dandy Warhols came out. I had to have seen them 50 times here in Portland before they hit. I hated them then and I hate them now.

I really like Moonie Suzuki though. I don't think they suck at all. That posing they do is just classic rock staging.
But doing classic rock staging at a small ass club gets obnoxious. And the guitar player doing the cock rocket style of playing is annoying to me. Not to mention all of the fake preaching in between songs (a la MC5) and the singer continually making the "oh yeah" face. I love it when bands look like they are having fun, but they always seemed too rehearsed to me.
Old 05-31-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why's everyone sh*ttin' bricks over the Hives now? I don't get it. They've been around for years and it's just lately everyones talking about how great they are. Is it 'cus they wear the same clothes, or their cool video on TV?
Old 06-01-02, 11:17 AM
Banned

It's because the new album is much better than anything they've done so far.
Old 06-01-02, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You mean Veni Vedi Vicious? I've had that for a couple of years, and I much prefer Barely Legal to it. Oh well.
Old 06-02-02, 03:47 PM

i've always loved the hives and their latest album still kicks out the jam! add the (international) noise conspiracy and all of a sudden sweden is cool!
Old 06-03-02, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by punkrockgrrl
i've always loved the hives and their latest album still kicks out the jam! add the (international) noise conspiracy and all of a sudden sweden is cool!
INC = The most boring band evah!

Refused = One of the best hardcore bands evah!

Listen to Refused, not INC.
Old 06-03-02, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Yancey

INC = The most boring band evah!

Refused = One of the best hardcore bands evah!

Listen to Refused, not INC.
Or she could listen to what she likes instead of what some know-it-all thinks she should listen to.
Old 06-03-02, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Nosebleed

Or she could listen to what she likes instead of what some know-it-all thinks she should listen to.
Well yeah, of course. My snarky reply was simply to say that Refused are much much better than the band that one of their members formed in the wake of their split (INC).