Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Corp rock? Boy bands? No! Moonie Suzuki and The Hives!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Corp rock? Boy bands? No! Moonie Suzuki and The Hives!

Old 05-31-02, 03:32 AM
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The City of Roses.
Posts: 4,802
Corp rock? Boy bands? No! Moonie Suzuki and The Hives!

Just got back from seeing The Hives and Moonie Suzuki. The show was excellent! The Hives (your new favorite band) were funny, over the top and scorching. My only complaint is that they didn't play long enough.

Moonie Suzuki was amazing too. If you ever wanted to see The Who or The Kinks in the 60s then go out right now and see Moonie Suzuki. Think a GOOD version of The Strokes.
Surf Monkey is offline  
Old 05-31-02, 10:09 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 3,100
Mooney Suzuki suck. They are so awful. So much posturing. I have seen them WAY too many times here in NYC over the past couple of years.
Yancey is offline  
Old 05-31-02, 12:02 PM
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The City of Roses.
Posts: 4,802
Originally posted by Yancey
Mooney Suzuki suck. They are so awful. So much posturing. I have seen them WAY too many times here in NYC over the past couple of years.
Hahahahaha!

You sound like me back when the Dandy Warhols came out. I had to have seen them 50 times here in Portland before they hit. I hated them then and I hate them now.

I really like Moonie Suzuki though. I don't think they suck at all. That posing they do is just classic rock staging.
Surf Monkey is offline  
Old 05-31-02, 12:18 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 3,100
Originally posted by Surf Monkey


Hahahahaha!

You sound like me back when the Dandy Warhols came out. I had to have seen them 50 times here in Portland before they hit. I hated them then and I hate them now.

I really like Moonie Suzuki though. I don't think they suck at all. That posing they do is just classic rock staging.
But doing classic rock staging at a small ass club gets obnoxious. And the guitar player doing the cock rocket style of playing is annoying to me. Not to mention all of the fake preaching in between songs (a la MC5) and the singer continually making the "oh yeah" face. I love it when bands look like they are having fun, but they always seemed too rehearsed to me.
Yancey is offline  
Old 05-31-02, 02:57 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Member #812
Posts: 2,741
Why's everyone sh*ttin' bricks over the Hives now? I don't get it. They've been around for years and it's just lately everyones talking about how great they are. Is it 'cus they wear the same clothes, or their cool video on TV?
Nosebleed is offline  
Old 06-01-02, 11:17 AM
  #6  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The City of Roses.
Posts: 4,802
It's because the new album is much better than anything they've done so far.
Surf Monkey is offline  
Old 06-01-02, 11:56 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Member #812
Posts: 2,741
You mean Veni Vedi Vicious? I've had that for a couple of years, and I much prefer Barely Legal to it. Oh well.
Nosebleed is offline  
Old 06-02-02, 03:47 PM
  #8  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: drowning in suburbia
Posts: 18
i've always loved the hives and their latest album still kicks out the jam! add the (international) noise conspiracy and all of a sudden sweden is cool!
punkrockgrrl is offline  
Old 06-03-02, 10:15 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 3,100
Originally posted by punkrockgrrl
i've always loved the hives and their latest album still kicks out the jam! add the (international) noise conspiracy and all of a sudden sweden is cool!
INC = The most boring band evah!

Refused = One of the best hardcore bands evah!

Listen to Refused, not INC.
Yancey is offline  
Old 06-03-02, 12:09 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Member #812
Posts: 2,741
Originally posted by Yancey


INC = The most boring band evah!

Refused = One of the best hardcore bands evah!

Listen to Refused, not INC.
Or she could listen to what she likes instead of what some know-it-all thinks she should listen to.
Nosebleed is offline  
Old 06-03-02, 12:20 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 3,100
Originally posted by Nosebleed


Or she could listen to what she likes instead of what some know-it-all thinks she should listen to.
Well yeah, of course. My snarky reply was simply to say that Refused are much much better than the band that one of their members formed in the wake of their split (INC).
Yancey is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.