Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: Did you buy/download Eminem's CD
Yes
60.87%
No
39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Weekly Charts 06/08/02 EMINEM - #1 CD!

Old 05-29-02, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

NO. 1's IN BILLBOARD

#1 ALBUMS (charted by sales) R&B/HIP-HOP COUNTRY POP CATALOG
ELECTRONIC HEATSEEKERS INDEPENDENT INTERNET LATIN

THE BILLBOARD 200

1 The Eminem Show, Eminem
2 P. Diddy & Bad Boy Records Present... We Invented The Remix, Various Artists
3 Mended, Marc Anthony
4 Come Home With Me, Cam'ron
5 Ashanti, Ashanti
6 A New Day Has Come, Celine Dion
7 Juslisen (Just Listen), Musiq
8 Now 9, Various Artists
9 No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems, Kenny Chesney
10 18, Moby
11 C'mon, C'mon, Sheryl Crow
12 Box Car Racer, Box Car Racer
13 Off The Hook, Various Artists
14 Spider-Man, Soundtrack
15 Hood Rich, Big Tymers
16 Maladroit, Weezer
17 O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Soundtrack
18 Drive, Alan Jackson
19 Laundry Service, Shakira
20 M!ssundaztood, Pink
21 Legacy...Hymns & Faith, Amy Grant
22 Ultimate Manilow, Barry Manilow
23 MTV Unplugged No. 2.0, Lauryn Hill
24 Josh Groban, Josh Groban
25 Be Not Nobody, Vanessa Carlton

Other notable debuts include Tommy Lee's Never a Dull Moment (No. 39); NOFX's 45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough (No. 80); Something Corporate's Leaving Through the Window (No. 101); and Poison's Hollyweird (No. 103).

#1 SINGLES (charted by airplay & sales) MODERN ROCK TRACKS RAP COUNTRY DANCE/CLUB PLAY HOT R&B/HIP-HOP ADULT TOP 40 LATIN

HOT 100 SINGLES

1 Foolish, Ashanti
2 I Need A Girl (Part One), P. Diddy Featuring Usher & Loon
3 What's Luv?, Fat Joe Featuring Ashanti
4 Without Me, Eminem
5 Hot In Herre, Nelly
6 A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carlton
7 U Don't Have To Call, Usher
8 The Middle, Jimmy Eat World
9 Addictive, Truth Hurts Featuring Rakim
10 All You Wanted, Michelle Branch
11 Blurry, Puddle Of Mudd
12 Oh Boy, Cam'ron Featuring Juelz Santana
13 Wasting My Time, Default
14 Hella Good, No Doubt
15 Don't Let Me Get Me, Pink
16 I'm Gonna Be Alright, Jennifer Lopez Featuring Nas
17 Rainy Dayz, Mary J. Blige Featuring Ja Rule
18 Hero, Chad Kroeger Featuring Josey Scott
19 Pass The Courvoisier Part II, Busta Rhymes Featuring P. Diddy & Pharrell
20 halfcrazy, Musiq
21 Underneath Your Clothes, Shakira
22 Wherever You Will Go, The Calling
23 Ain't It Funny, Jennifer Lopez Featuring Ja Rule
24 In The End, Linkin Park
25 Still Fly, Big Tymers

Last edited by bigjim25; 05-30-02 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-29-02, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i thought it wouldnt do well since alot of people have this album because either they downloaded it themselves or had friends do it for them.
Old 05-29-02, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I knew it would do this. (didn't know it would officially get a Sunday but anyway)

There are still a lot of people who buy the albums they already have on MP3.......maybe it's a guilt thing once you start listening to it so much you feel obligated to purchase it.

Everyone wants the bonus DVD. It's 45 minutes but still a nice freebee.

It'll definitely go over a million in sales this next week.
Old 05-30-02, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I downloaded it, only because I knew I was going to buy it. Solid CD, best so far this year!
Old 05-31-02, 03:36 AM
Banned

When will this guy GO AWAY? Such unmitigated garbage. I did not buy the disc. I don't contribute to corporate shills and pre-packaged ignorant idiots.
Old 05-31-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Surf Monkey
When will this guy GO AWAY?
I've asked myself this same question many times. Hopefully, it'll be soon. There's so many hip hop acts with so much more talent. All Eminem's got going for him is that he coined the ingenious term "N'Stink". Salon.com reviewed his disc this week. I usually disagree with a lot that website says, but they nailed my opinion of Eminem.

On another note, it's good to see Wilco hasn't fallen out of the top 100 yet.
Old 06-01-02, 09:12 AM
RaZorBlade

Originally posted by Gdrlv

All Eminem's got going for him is that he coined the ingenious term "N'Stink".
He didn't use that term once on this album. Actually, I don't even recall a mention of any boy bands or britney spears.

Old 06-01-02, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Gdrlv

I've asked myself this same question many times. Hopefully, it'll be soon. There's so many hip hop acts with so much more talent. All Eminem's got going for him is that he coined the ingenious term "N'Stink". Salon.com reviewed his disc this week. I usually disagree with a lot that website says, but they nailed my opinion of Eminem.

On another note, it's good to see Wilco hasn't fallen out of the top 100 yet.

Funny - my buddy, who is a Tom Waits and Wilco fan to the core, used to hate Eminem. But I've turned him around with The Eminem Show, and he went and bought the CD!

The Eminem Show isn't as good as "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot", but it's a darn good CD which will definitely be in my Top Ten of 2002.
Old 06-01-02, 10:51 PM
Banned

I know I've been asked if I have this CD in all week at my job. I will not buy it as I'm not a fan of his music. I buy movie soundtracks for my music needs. Was 'nt Eminem in trouble not too long for hateful songs against gays? Or was it somebody else?

O Brother, Where Art Thou?, soundtrack is still in the top music sales again. How many weeks has it been there?

Last edited by Aaron Amos; 06-01-02 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-02-02, 09:49 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Surf Monkey
When will this guy GO AWAY? Such unmitigated garbage. I did not buy the disc. I don't contribute to corporate shills and pre-packaged ignorant idiots.
:thumbs up: Agreed hundred percent.

I used to like Enimem's music but I can't friggin stand the guy and I hate him with a passion now. I started losing my respect for the man after he did the last album "The Real Slim Shady". The reason I started losing my respect for this guy was when he started threatening his own wife to death and pulling a gun at her, and flipping the bird with Elton John at the Grammy Awards. Oh wow, the man think's he's so tough and special when doing that crap just to grab celebrity attention when he writes hateful and offending lyrics. *sarcasm*

No, I did not buy Eminem's album. My friends did last night at the mall, and it's nothing special. He still sounds the same he did in the last album IMO. In the past, I liked his music for a little while but then I got bored of it pretty quickly. I don't like rap music anyway.
Old 06-02-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Guitar_God

:thumbs up: Agreed hundred percent.

I used to like Enimem's music but I can't friggin stand the guy and I hate him with a passion now. I started losing my respect for the man after he did the last album "The Real Slim Shady". The reason I started losing my respect for this guy was when he started threatening his own wife to death and pulling a gun at her, and flipping the bird with Elton John at the Grammy Awards. Oh wow, the man think's he's so tough and special when doing that crap just to grab celebrity attention when he writes hateful and offending lyrics. *sarcasm*

No, I did not buy Eminem's album. My friends did last night at the mall, and it's nothing special. He still sounds the same he did in the last album IMO. In the past, I liked his music for a little while but then I got bored of it pretty quickly. I don't like rap music anyway.
You hate him for lyrically pulling a gun out on his wife last album? Didn't you ever hear his first major release? He killed his wife and threw her off a bridge. And that song had been around long before that album.
I was waiting for everyone to start trashing Eminem as soon as I saw this thread. What a surprise. I personally love his music, and think he is very witty and lyrically gifted. If you don't like what he says then well that's OK. He does say some pretty messed up things, but in a way that you just have to laugh. Please don't try to say he has no talent though. Oh, and don't forget he coined the term Wackstreet Boys too.
You people hate him for talking publicly about his hatred towards these groups, yet you are the same people to complain when THEIR album hits number one. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Old 06-03-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

TES is the first CD I've actually bought since Tool's Lateralus (but believe me, there've been plenty of downloads in between). I bought it largely because of the DVD (which incedentally I still haven't played). And I expect I'll buy the new DMB CD instead of downloading (or maybe do both) for this same reason. I.e., to bonus DVDs!

On a sort of side note though, I haven't even made it all the way through the Em CD yet - I just haven't found much to like about it - and this is coming from someone who still absolutely loves both of the first 2. He just doesn't seem near as smooth here, and he's not near as funny... I don't know, it just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps in time........