DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Hole officially kaput (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/210303-hole-officially-kaput.html)

The Antipodean 05-24-02 06:30 PM

Hole officially kaput

From billboard.com:
Hole Calls It A Career

Hole, the Courtney Love-led rock outfit that shot to fame in the mid-'90s on the strength of singles such as "Doll Parts" and "Asking for It," has officially called it quits. "I will always treasure the time we played together," Love said in a statement. "[Guitarist] Eric [Erlandson] has been an important part of my family for over 10 years and he'll continue to be a part of my life." Said Erlandson, "we're incredibly proud of the music we've made together, but it seems like time for both of us to move on."

Hole formed in Los Angeles in 1989 and went on to release three studio albums, but has not been active since 1999. The group's last new set was 1998's "Celebrity Skin" (Geffen), which peaked at No. 9 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 1.3 million copies in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen Soundscan. In recent years, Love has focused on establishing an acting career but has recorded with the band Bastard and played her first two solo shows on the West Coast last fall.

The artist says she is at work on a new album with former Hole drummer Patty Schemel and 4 Non Blondes principal Linda Perry, which may see the light of day by early next year. Love's label status is up in the air; she is embroiled in a lawsuit that seeks to void her contract with Geffen parent Interscope and separate litigation over the management of Nirvana's back catalog.

Andalusia 05-24-02 06:38 PM

Maybe it was just me, but I liked "Celebrity Skin". But I tend to focus on the music rather than the musicians (sure, Courtney Love may be annoying, but like I could give two fricks... just let me listen to the albums).

POWERBOMB 05-25-02 12:09 AM

Isn't this a basic case of the lead singer thinking they are above the band. Yet another group who struggled together and it only takes one to dis-band it. Not that it matters horribly in this case. Hole has some good songs, but they weren't much to see live. 1/2 the time it almost always seemed that Love was drunk or high anyways.

Frank TJ Mackey 05-25-02 02:31 AM

I also could care less if Courtney Love is a drunk bi**h.

Live Through This is still one of the best albums of the 90's (whether Kurt wrote it or not).

Celeb Skin isn't as good but still has some great tracks on it.

Goat3001 05-25-02 07:05 AM

Eh, no biggie for me. I never liked Hole's music and well I hate Courtney Love.

Fielding Mellish 05-25-02 07:30 AM

Courtney has decided to devote more time towards her downward spiral into complete insanity.

Rocky_Stallone 05-25-02 10:48 AM

I've been wondering what's been happening to this band. I haven't heard anything about them ever since they released "Celebrity Skin".

I thought Hole was a great band and Love wrote some great songs with the band. I was hoping Hole would release another album and go on tour this year but I guess not.

Maybe Love will do a solo career or perhaps continue to be in movies as she is an actress too.