Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Vanilla Sky Song - Round 2

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Vanilla Sky Song - Round 2

Old 05-24-02, 08:42 AM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: A Cabin in the Woods
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vanilla Sky Song - Round 2

Anyone know what the song is that is playing during the title screen on the DVD? Doesn't appear to be on the album, and I tried checking all the songs listed on the IMDB Soundtrack listing, but no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-24-02, 10:17 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,515
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could it be "Afrika Shox" by Leftfield / Afrika Bambaataa?

I notice that the video is an extra feature. I haven't listened to it or watched any suppliments on the DVD yet, so I could be very wrong.
Old 05-24-02, 10:41 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Posts: 2,073
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by einTier
Could it be "Afrika Shox" by Leftfield / Afrika Bambaataa?

I notice that the video is an extra feature. I haven't listened to it or watched any suppliments on the DVD yet, so I could be very wrong.
No, it's not "Afrika Shox". I wonder if it's part of the score by Nancy Wilson.
Old 05-24-02, 06:36 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: the South
Posts: 3,764
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RevLiver


No, it's not "Afrika Shox". I wonder if it's part of the score by Nancy Wilson.
I think you're right. I know that it isn't a song that appears on the song credits listed at the end of the movie.
Old 05-26-02, 11:16 AM
  #5  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: A Cabin in the Woods
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that stinks then... I thought it was pretty cool sounding, so I was hoping it was available..
Old 05-28-02, 01:00 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 8,467
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the name and artist of the song that plays while at the end with Tom talking to Penelope atop the roof....excellent sounding song.

I would love to know that one.
Old 05-28-02, 01:50 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Natick, MA
Posts: 814
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Njosnavelin by Sigor Ros.
Old 05-30-02, 06:41 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: the South
Posts: 3,764
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by conscience
What about the name and artist of the song that plays while at the end with Tom talking to Penelope atop the roof....excellent sounding song.

I would love to know that one.
Also known as "The Nothing Song", by Sigur Ros. Isn't it beautiful?! Don't even bother looking for it on cd, though. It's not out and the recording on the movie was a live recording. It is supposed to be on their newest cd that is coming out in the fall, luckily.
Old 01-04-03, 10:14 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: in the land of humidity
Posts: 1,960
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coughBUMPcough

The album's out already now....I heard the single on a compilation disc out of a music magazine, enjoyed it...read some reviews, bought it about 2 days ago and totally hooked to the point where I've heard it 4 or 5 times now and enjoys so much how the songs all blend together sorta like this post.

If you like that single...buy the album.
Old 01-05-03, 04:18 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East of Ypsi
Posts: 8,897
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow this thread came back outta nowhere......

I guess old threads never die
Old 01-06-03, 09:49 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: the South
Posts: 3,764
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by harpo787
coughBUMPcough

The album's out already now....I heard the single on a compilation disc out of a music magazine, enjoyed it...read some reviews, bought it about 2 days ago and totally hooked to the point where I've heard it 4 or 5 times now and enjoys so much how the songs all blend together sorta like this post.

If you like that single...buy the album.

Superb album, ( ) . Too bad the song doesn't have a name anymore.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.