Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard of this band before? They are called "Dirty Las Vegas"

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-24-02, 02:12 AM
Banned

Today at my job, a customer came in looking for a band called "Dirty Las Vegas". She told me they play the music for some car ad on TV. I checked my catalog and they were not in there. We get the catalog at work updated the first of every month. Maybe this band is too new for this month's catalog. Does anyone anything about this band and the CD the customer is talking about?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited by Aaron Amos; 05-24-02 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-24-02, 07:23 AM

Here's what a customer from amazon.co.uk said about "Dirty Vegas"

Check out these phat beats!!!!, 13 June, 2001
Reviewer: from London,England
I've never heard of Dirty Vegas but one rainy day caught this video on MTV. The first thing that caught my eye was a middle age man breakdancing - really well, and then I heard the TUNE. I was highly impressed, chilled and mellow with catchy base line. If you like Daft Punk or Armand Van Helden you will most definately feel this groove - try it out you will be pleasently surprised.

The self titled album is coming out June 4th. On the new copy of the UK dance mag Muzik the free CD is actually mixed by Dirty Vegas and features one of the their songs "Throwing Shapes" merged with Basement Jaxx's "Where's Your Head At?"

I've not heard the album or know which car ad this song is being played, but I would assume the song is called "Days go By", but dont quote me on that.

Last edited by Giles; 05-24-02 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-24-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Has anyone heard of this band before? They are called "Dirty Las Vegas"

Originally posted by Aaron Amos
Today at my job, a customer came in looking for a band called "Dirty Las Vegas". She told me they play the music for some car ad on TV. I checked my catalog and they were not in there. We get the catalog at work updated the first of every month. Maybe this band is too newfor this month's catalog. Does anyone anything about this band and the CD the customer is talking about?

Thanks for the help everyone.

It's the Mitsubishi Eclipse commercial where the girl in the front seat is having a seizure.
Old 05-25-02, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I love you Aaron Amos, but man these Dirty Vegas threads are driving me nuts.