DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   New Breeders CD thoughts [+ link to video] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/209148-new-breeders-cd-thoughts-%5B-link-video%5D.html)

The Antipodean 05-20-02 04:56 PM

Anyone getting the new Breeders CD?

And if so, opinions? I'm kind of leaning now toward waiting until I catch this at a discount, the early reviews I've seen in Blender, Amazon, etc. are all pretty neutral. It sounds more like the half-assed "The Amps" album Kim Deal put out a few years back. Anyway, anyone heard this one yet? Curious to hear if it measures up to "Last Splash" or the Pixies work.

Yancey 05-20-02 04:59 PM

I've had it for a few months. At first I loved it. Now I think it's just really really boring.

Aghama 05-20-02 05:31 PM

Last Splash was dreadfully dull...so no.

Snake Plissken 05-20-02 06:22 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
Er...yeah. :rolleyes: Last Splash happens to be a classic, I guess you just have questionable taste.

Snake Plissken 05-20-02 06:23 PM

Re: Anyone getting the new Breeders CD?

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
Anyway, anyone heard this one yet?
Yes, and it's good. Much better than the Amps disc and Kelly's albums.

Snake Plissken 05-20-02 06:25 PM

See the new BREEDERS video here!!!

You can download the new video, 'Huffer', from the upcoming Title TK at their official site:

http://www.noaloha.com/

kim deal rules

benedict 05-20-02 07:36 PM

<b>Snake Plissken</b>, I don't think it really <i>needs</i> to be explained that taste is subjective.

Let's have a <small>little</small> respect, please, for the diversity of opinions this kind of board is lucky to enjoy.

Benedict

Yancey 05-21-02 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Aghama
In comparison to Pod, I completely concur.

dglaser6 05-21-02 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Yancey

In comparison to Pod, I completely concur.

Another vote for Pod being better than Last Splash (dull)...I even think the amps was better than Last Splash, even if it was 'half-assed'.

The Antipodean 05-23-02 03:29 PM

Has nobody else picked this up? (And please, enough of the critique of the old albums, that's not really the point of why I posted this in the first place...)

dglaser6 05-23-02 03:52 PM

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
Has nobody else picked this up? (And please, enough of the critique of the old albums, that's not really the point of why I posted this in the first place...)
I'm picking it up tonight....and it's the 'music' forum, we should be able to discuss music that's relevant to the thread topic (especially if it's 9 years in between cd's).

Snake Plissken 06-01-02 05:03 PM

I can't stop listening to the album. Its excellent. What does everyone else think?

punkrockgrrl 06-02-02 04:00 PM

my uncle doug used to tell me of the days when he saw the pixies and the breeders live (i wasn't even ten yet). my uncle is totally cool--he got me interested in punk rock and a lot of the underground 80s acts that helped popularize the so-called alternative and indie rock genres. he lent me cool records and cds and told me not to let my mom know i was playing them 'cause they had PROFANITY!

uncle doug is cool but he's almost forty, so he's a little depressed. i'm gonna buy him the new breeders album and cheer him up. you're never too old to appreciate good music!

bye the bye, i like both pod and last splash a lot. i play "cannonball" and "driving on nine" so much that my roommate probably hates me (she plays a lot of dido, so i guess it's payback).

Yancey 06-03-02 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
I can't stop listening to the album. Its excellent. What does everyone else think?
I think Kim and Kelly should consider spiking up again.

dglaser6 06-03-02 10:21 AM

I've only played it once, but nothing really grabs me.

subbacultcha 06-09-02 06:33 PM

I think Kim and Kelly should consider spiking up again.
HA HA ;)

BTW, I concur.

Sierra Disc, lemme put it this way....
As one of the entire world's biggest Pixies fans... I popped it open as soon as I got it, (at work 5 days before it came out) gave it a quick loud spin. I was impressed at the time, most likely due to the lag time from previous albums. However, I have not even taken it home to burn yet (but I will today) much less buy it.