DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The MITSUBISHI mix-song? Please HELP!!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/208928-mitsubishi-mix-song-please-help.html)

pro-bassoonist 05-19-02 11:18 PM

The MITSUBISHI mix-song? Please HELP!!!!

I would like to know who did the mix for the MITSUBISHI ad? If you could also let me know who mixed it as well this would be great

I have been trying to fond this out for awhile without any help(I am talking about the nice progressive-electro mix).

Thank;s

S

Three Day Delay 05-20-02 12:47 AM

Dirty Vegas- Days Go By

pro-bassoonist 05-20-02 11:48 AM

Thank you so much sir, you just made my day!!!

grunter 05-20-02 12:23 PM

Am entrepenuerial music shop that I stopped into this weekend had the Dirty Vegas single burned to a CDR directly from some net MP3 in a cheap green case for $4.99.

Kinda lends some credence to the whole "Napster is bad for the CD industry" argument.

Three Day Delay 05-20-02 12:45 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
Thank you so much sir, you just made my day!!!
:) Happy to help!

tygloalex 05-20-02 01:23 PM

Originally posted by grunter
Am entrepenuerial music shop that I stopped into this weekend had the Dirty Vegas single burned to a CDR directly from some net MP3 in a cheap green case for $4.99.

Kinda lends some credence to the whole "Napster is bad for the CD industry" argument.

You have got to be kidding.

Three Day Delay 05-20-02 02:23 PM

Originally posted by grunter

That really ticks me off. They ought to be arrested.

grunter 05-20-02 04:07 PM

Originally posted by tygloalex
You have got to be kidding.
No, in fact it was at the store GuessWho recommended in this thread:

Does Anyone Shop At Tower Anymore?

And no, the store wasn't Tower. It was Rolling Stone Records on Irving Park in Chicago.

fallow 05-20-02 08:54 PM

If you want to hear some other good progressive/post rock/electro kinds of stuff you should check out some bands like Mogwai, Tortoise, Air, or Mu-ziq.

TerryMcGinnis 05-20-02 10:30 PM

Dirty Vegas' album is being released stateside on June 4th!

In the album, there's going to be an acoustic version of Days Go By. That ought to be interesting.

pro-bassoonist 05-21-02 02:06 AM

Indeed!!! You could check the snipet from the acoustic version on CDNOW. It is already on>>>

pro-bassoonist 05-21-02 02:08 AM

I would like to also recommend this band to all of you- COLLIDE.

This is truly and awesome stuff, some of the best I have heard in the last 3 years.

alexa 06-05-02 05:16 AM

Anyone else pick up the Dirty Vegas disc today? I did, but the disc I picked up has a slightly different track listing than the one at cdnow. It's got 11 tracks, but track 1 is a song called "1 Should Know." And it doesn't have the acoustic version of "Days Go By." Are there different versions of this disc at different retailers, like it was with the Ep. 2 Soundtrack? I bought mine at Target. Haven't opened it yet, so I don't know if I should. I'm kind of sick of all these different versions of discs at different stores. If it's a somewhat major release, I almost don't open my discs anymore without checking at least several different retailers to see if there are extra tracks on a different version.

The Bus 06-05-02 06:40 AM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
Indeed!!! You could check the snipet from the acoustic version on CDNOW. It is already on>>>
I'll make sure to dub it on tape and sell it to ignorant customers ar my record shop.