DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   cibo matto question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/208873-cibo-matto-question.html)

auto 05-19-02 05:32 PM

cibo matto question

Hey Cibo Matto fans.....

Does anyone know if their version of Nirvana's 'About A Girl' has been released on compact disc. I am trying to get a copy of it.

Thanks,

BBP

Eeyore 05-20-02 07:24 AM

it's not on any widely available release at least. i think it may have been on one of the promos sent out to radio stations a few years ago. it's been floating around the internet for a long time but i'm really not sure where it came from.

cibo matto's definitely a group i wish we'd hear more from. stereotype a seemed to disappoint a lot of people, but it really grew on me.

grunter 05-20-02 11:21 AM

All I have to say is:

YOU'VE GOT TO KNOW YOUR CHICKEN!!

Man, I miss this group.

Lokimok 05-20-02 01:28 PM

Allmusic.com lists a 5 song EP cd on the El Diablo label called simply "Cibo Matto." Unfortunately they only mention 2 tracks in their review: Black Hole Sun, & a pre-album version of Know Your Chicken. I always assumed that About A Girl was also on it, but I'm not sure - & I don't know what the other tracks are either. I was able to download all 3 songs mentioned, but I can't remember where.

Are we ever going to get a new Cibo Matto album? & has anyone heard the Yuka Honda solo album? I didn't even know there was one..

Mutley Hyde 05-20-02 07:03 PM

I love Cibo Matto :D

I got to see them at an itty bitty club in Denton, Texas several years ago, and the show was great. The "stage" was only about a foot off the ground, and it was an incredibly intimate show. At one point I found myself just a few feet right in front of Miho at center stage, and literally locked eyes with her as she sang this one ballad. Everyone was quiet as a mouse, all you could hear was Miho's voice, and I was in 7th heaven, no lie.

Oh, yeah, and Sean Lennon was there playing bass by the way, and played drums on one or two songs. This was right when he started touring with them, and it was a surprise to me to see him. They all stayed after the show to sign autographs and talk to everybody. A lot of people had cleared out, and I found myself talking to Miho all by myself! She didn't say very much, just let a dumbfounded love-struck loud-mouth Texan blather on about how much he loved their music. She smiled, a lot, and that was all I needed. I was wearing a Beastie Boys t-shirt, and she said, very matter of fact, that she liked it. So now I knew why she was eyeing me during the concert; silly me, I thought it was my dashing good looks, lol.

Then, to my great dismay, one of my friends came up to me and told me they were ready to go, and if I didn't come now I'd be left behind. Damn them! Wish I had had the guts to ask Miho if I could come along with them to whatever they were off to that night. All well, like I said, she smiled a lot, and that was all I needed. :)

Eeyore 05-21-02 06:43 AM

a bit of weak detective work.

i kept seeing "about a girl" on playlists for college radio stations on the web, and frequently it was listed as being on the "Moonchild sampler" or "Sampler - Moonchild" but i was never able to find a moonchild sampler listed on the web that seemed to have that track on it. but here are a few examples of links i found, maybe they'll help someone else do more detective work if they want to: a playlist and another playlist (search for "cibo" on both those pages and you should find it easily--both say "moonchild sampler")

this a Sean Lennon page that says it is on the moonchild single but I don't think that is true because every place I've seen the moonchild single listed it only has two versions of moonchild on it? (here is the track listing of the vinyl single)

i'm also pretty sure it's not on that original EP titled "Cibo Matto" because the track listing i've found here only lists:
1. Beef Jerky
2. Birthday Cake
3. Know your Chicken
4. Black Hole Sun
5. Crumbs

auto 05-22-02 05:40 PM

WOW!!!! The detectives are at work. I appreciate all the help and encourage anyone who has any more info to post.

thanks again,

BBP