DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   I'm curious - new Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society - what do you think? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/206394-im-curious-new-zakk-wylde-black-label-society-what-do-you-think.html)

B5Erik 05-09-02 07:14 PM

I'm curious - new Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society - what do you think?

I really like the new Zakk Wylde/Black Label Society album 1919 Eternal, and to me it sounds current enough to be a big hit. The only thing holding it back is the label - an indie (Spitfire, a GOOD indie, though). Most radio stations won't play songs released by a band on an indie label, which is really too bad in this case.

Zakk has written some of the best songs of his career here, and infused the usual Sabbath style riffing with some Pantera attitude, and a bit of the current stuff (like Rob Zombie, Creed, Godsmack, etc).

So how many of you actually have this album? I'm curious to see if anyone agrees with me about this one.

(If you're curious yourself, you can listen to a couple of the songs on my show - #33 and #34, and there is a review up now on my site listed below - check it out and post your comments here.)

With a slot on this summer's Ozzfest I would imagine that Zakk will get quite a bit of exposure.

GuessWho 05-10-02 04:42 PM

I have a promo CD with "Bleed for Me" and "Battering Ram"

"Bleed" is awesome, that song's been playig in my head for a month now.

"Battering Ram" is pretty good too, so I'm considering getting the full album

demonio 05-10-02 04:48 PM

I love the record.......I agree with you that it could become big if given any exposure........awesome music and lyrics, aswell as Zakk's voice is pretty good too.....this guy is so talented its unreal. Hopefully a larger record company can pick them up, and give Zakk something to gnaw on as far as a mainstream type of release.

B5Erik 05-10-02 10:52 PM

This is the kind of album that really points out just low LAME over the air commercial radio really is.

If they had an OUNCE of integrity they'd play this stuff on Hard Rock/Metal stations.

At least it's getting played on the internet.... (Like my show, for example.)

Gunshy 05-12-02 04:36 PM

Yup, I've got this one too. Zakk just plain ROCKS! I even shelled out the extra $$$ for the Japanese edition so I could have the bonus track (which is kinda lame but then I don't really care).

Bah! I stopped listening to the radio several years ago, they just don't seem to play *anything* good any more :(

-Gunshy

Giantrobo 05-13-02 08:03 PM

Originally posted by B5Erik
This is the kind of album that really points out just low LAME over the air commercial radio really is.

If they had an OUNCE of integrity they'd play this stuff on Hard Rock/Metal stations.

At least it's getting played on the internet.... (Like my show, for example.)

It's shame that in Los Angleles, where so many rock groups got their start, there are NO Hard Rock/Metal stations. :mad:

The best they can do here is play Metallica or KORN on KROQ...And it's seems so out of place.