DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   I went to a Skinny Puppy concert once (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/202981-i-went-skinny-puppy-concert-once.html)

Alyoshka 04-26-02 10:44 AM

I went to a Skinny Puppy concert once

They had one of those clotheslines that spins around, but it had body parts and severed heads hanging off it. The lead singer kept injected himself with this huge syringe and withdrawing some kind of fluid from his head. He also engaged himself in live electrocutions and simulated pulling his own intestines out of his body, which he then writhed around in on the stage.

I was in high school, but I still thought it was pretty lame.

zak52 04-26-02 10:48 AM

Skinny Puppy shows were great. Nivek Ogre put on a great show.

raithen 04-26-02 05:30 PM

Re: I went to a Skinny Puppy concert once

Originally posted by Alyoshka
They had one of those clotheslines that spins around, but it had body parts and severed heads hanging off it. The lead singer kept injected himself with this huge syringe and withdrawing some kind of fluid from his head. He also engaged himself in live electrocutions and simulated pulling his own intestines out of his body, which he then writhed around in on the stage.

Lame? Nahh... Puppy were anything but lame!

That being said, I recommend the concert video Ain't It Dead Yet...? for those who are interested in Skinny Puppy's antics on stage. There's nothing more amusing than seeing Ogre going nuts with various sorts of slime covering his body while Cevin Key and Dwayne look like they should be playing in a new wave synthband - totally oblivious to the carnage. :lol:

:thumbsup:

-matt

grunter 04-26-02 06:38 PM

Re: I went to a Skinny Puppy concert once

Originally posted by Alyoshka
Dude, that's hardcore.

Were you weaned on G.G. Allin "happenings" or sumthin'?

-wink-

Alyoshka 04-26-02 06:40 PM

Re: Re: I went to a Skinny Puppy concert once

Originally posted by grunter

Dude, that's hardcore.

Were you weaned on G.G. Allin "happenings" or sumthin'?

-wink-

:)

Dead Orchestra and Deicide were my scene. ;)

gilbertr76 04-27-02 02:32 AM

I never had the pleasure of attending a Skinny Puppy show. :(

I've watched Ain't It Dead Yet...? so many times and in so many various states of mind that it almost seems like I went to one of their shows, though. :)

atlantamoi 04-27-02 05:39 AM

I know it's not really that close to being the same, but I saw Nitzer Ebb once in conert and I left the show thinking, "Crap, electronic bands can suck live."

woofman 04-27-02 07:41 AM

I saw that same show, I enjoyed it. Almost theatrical for a change. Like a live horror movie. I do prefer bands to "rock" most of the time though.

jkcarter 04-27-02 09:15 PM

I love SP, never had the chance to see them so I envy anyone who has. My wife & I have a "running joke" I'll say "I feel the need for something powerful" She leaves the room knowing SP is on the way. Works every time. :editking:

Anyone have opinions on the doomsday reunion show CD that Cevin & Ogre released?