Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Help! I'm Tired of New Music on Radio - Looking for Good "Old" Music Remixes

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-02, 10:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey everyone. Sorry if this was covered before, but I need some help. I'm getting tired of the new music on the radio, so I went to MP3.com to look for some unknown music. I found an artist I like, DJ Doo:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/215/dj_doo.html

Now, the charts at MP3.com keep most of the same music as the best (It seems like JEW's The Middle has been near or at the top of the charts for the last three months), and it's hard to really search for this, so I thought I'd ask your help.

DJ Doo remixed Flashdance and Like a Prayer, and I really enjoyed the beat they gave it. It reminded me of when Nikki French redid Total Eclipse of the Heart. It made me wonder, what are some good remixes of "older" favorites (70s, 80s, 90s)? Or, who are some bands or DJs who do this type of thing?

I really would like some new music, but I can't seem to find anything that I like (I'm a big sucker for 80's power ballads and rock), so I hope someone out there knows of a few new remixes of some old favorites.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
Old 04-20-02, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I'm not aware of too many remixes of 80's power ballads. There are some really good INXS remixes out there, authorized and not.

I know that's not much, but it may be a start.
Old 04-25-02, 05:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks, TDD!

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 04-25-02, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Look for anything by DJ Z-Trip. He's an excellent turntablist that often lays down hip hop beats over old pop songs or vice versa. His version of "Tom Sawyer" should be very easy to find, but he's also got way stronger tracks out there as well.