Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Jeff Tweedy online chat

Old 04-08-02, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jeff Tweedy online chat

Was at 5:30 Eastern Time this afternoon. I don't know if the link still works, but I'll try and post it. If not, I recorded the whole thing (there wasn't much). I did get in one question, though.

Oops. Nevermind. Link not working. Anyway, did anyone else catch it?
Old 04-08-02, 10:53 PM

Sorry, peoples. I don't guess the people operating the chat want anyone linking to it. Send me an e-mail if you'd like to see what was said, though.
Old 04-09-02, 05:14 PM

Don't all respond at once, now. Yancey, Grdlvr(or whatever). Mackey.
Old 04-09-02, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Penny Lane
Don't all respond at once, now. Yancey, Grdlvr(or whatever). Mackey.
I was out of town for a few days, and didn't see the thread til just now. I'd definitely like to know what he said.

Also, for some reason, I'm still really excited for YHF, even though I've got every song on the disc already anyway.
Old 04-09-02, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by Gdrlv

I was out of town for a few days, and didn't see the thread til just now. I'd definitely like to know what he said.

Also, for some reason, I'm still really excited for YHF, even though I've got every song on the disc already anyway.
I will email it to you if you have that option open. I don't think they wanted other people to access the link who weren't members.
Old 04-10-02, 10:50 AM

All you have to do is go to Jam Music to read it. I did not look at it. I'm interviewing Jeff in the next couple of weeks and I never read interviews with someone before I talk to them. I'll let you guys know when it happens. Anything in particular you would like me to ask on your behalf?

Also, they sent me the Chelsea Walls soundtrack a while ago. Not too good. I already had the two "new" Wilco tracks and the score stuff is alright. I'm sure you guys will buy it (if it wasn't sent to me I would have too), but just be forewarned that it's something you could wait on if you have a cash problem.
Old 04-10-02, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by Yancey
All you have to do is go to Jam Music to read it. I did not look at it. I'm interviewing Jeff in the next couple of weeks and I never read interviews with someone before I talk to them. I'll let you guys know when it happens. Anything in particular you would like me to ask on your behalf?

Also, they sent me the Chelsea Walls soundtrack a while ago. Not too good. I already had the two "new" Wilco tracks and the score stuff is alright. I'm sure you guys will buy it (if it wasn't sent to me I would have too), but just be forewarned that it's something you could wait on if you have a cash problem.
Disappointing that Chelsea Walls isn't very good, but you're right, I will buy it anyway...even if just for the Wilco tracks. Have you heard any of Jay Bennett's solo disc (I believe it's called The Palace at 4am)? I'm really intrigued on that one. He's always seemed like an extremely creative guy to me that was a bit limited with his role in Wilco, so I'm curious to see what he can do on his own.

As for questions for Tweedy, I'll think about that one...
Old 04-10-02, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Gdrlv

Disappointing that Chelsea Walls isn't very good, but you're right, I will buy it anyway...even if just for the Wilco tracks. Have you heard any of Jay Bennett's solo disc (I believe it's called The Palace at 4am)? I'm really intrigued on that one. He's always seemed like an extremely creative guy to me that was a bit limited with his role in Wilco, so I'm curious to see what he can do on his own.

As for questions for Tweedy, I'll think about that one...
I haven't heard the Bennett. I'll try to get a hold of that. I'm mildly curious. I don't really expect too much.

As for questions... yeah, just let me know if you think of anything. I know what I'm going to talk to him about, but maybe you or Penny Lane will suggest something I hadn't thought of.